Information from table to report.

I recently created a report using a query. The query draws its information
from a table. One of the field in the table has a drop down box with the
options "Yes" and "No". If the option "yes" is selected, it shows on the
table and in the corresponding query. However, it does not appear in the
report. There appears to be a blank in the report where the work "Yes" is
meant to be. I tried deleting the field from the report and adding it again,
anf i also tried moving it around on the report to make sure it was not
hidden. But that did not help. What could be wrong?

Thankyou!
Radhika
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Radhika:

First make sure that the ControlSource property of the text box control on
the report is the name of the field in the query.  Then set its Format
property to Yes/No.

Quite why you are currently not seeing anything is a bit of a mystery.
Boolean (Yes/No) fields in Access actually store the values as -1 for True
and 0 for False, so even if the control is not formatted you should at least
see -1 or 0.

Other things to check are that the control's Visible property is True (Yes
in the properties sheet), and that the control is not hidden beneath another
non-transparent control.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

"Radhika" wrote:

> I recently created a report using a query. The query draws its information
> from a table. One of the field in the table has a drop down box with the
> options "Yes" and "No". If the option "yes" is selected, it shows on the
> table and in the corresponding query. However, it does not appear in the
> report. There appears to be a blank in the report where the work "Yes" is
> meant to be. I tried deleting the field from the report and adding it again,
> anf i also tried moving it around on the report to make sure it was not
> hidden. But that did not help. What could be wrong?
>
> Thankyou!
> Radhika

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

FREE INFORMATION
hI, I have a close freind who bought a e-book from a site, he told me it was www.howididit.tk he says he now makes between =A36000-=A37000 a month, it can't be that bad he has bought a new car and is always throwing his money around he says it can be done from anywhere in the world thought i would give it a go........ let me know what you think marie ...

Retrieving Account Information By Id

Information store stops unexpectedly
I have Windows NT 4.0 SP6 it is PDC and Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and ScanMail V 3.51. Two or three times per week information store stops with out reason In the Event Wiever I can see only these messages. How can I find what are reason for stoping information store. Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Monitoring Description: Unexpected error «0xc0040000 – Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:80040115-0514-000006bf» occurred Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type...

Email Report Using Info From Forms
I am using Access 97. I've created a fom to list a series of customers that when selected the user has the ability to create an invoice. This will send the report as a .PDF file to Lotus Notes, our email system, but the user then has to type in the email address to send it to. I have the email address as a field in the form. Is there an easy way to have that information automatically transferred over to Lotus Notes to eliminate that step? Yes there is. Below is an event procedure I used that captures the email address on the form. This procedure is called from the OnClick event an...

System information using MFC and WMI???
Hi all I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI. I have extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username, computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples. Thanks and Regards ...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

Change information
Hi! How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change that but i dont know how. // Jarno ...

Erwin diagrams for HR Tables?
I am helping some of our HR people write Crystal Reports again the HR tables in GP 9. I am aware of the various diagrams available in the SDK, but there don't appear to be any for the HR tables. Does anyone know a source for Database Diagrams for HR? Beyond the information provided with the standard GP SDK, I am not sure you will find anything else. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "DavidM" wrote: > I am helping some of our HR people write Crystal Reports again the HR tables > in G...

To print the selected information from the form along with other information
Hello, I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on it always. the letter goes like this To Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other PAF#-------------...

Generate Report
I have one sheet called master list which is basically a customer list of: custid, name, address, state, ... On a different sheet I want to make a report that does something like: Date:-NOW() State: <enter state> (Macro, or auto) Select * from master_list where $State_Col = state This way I can have a nice formatted report for each state, and I can simply enter the state and either run a macro, or have it auto run based upon a change in state to make the rest of the report. I know this is probably best suited for a database, but for right now we really like the auto-filter capabi...

Add information from Invoice Module to RM Smartlist
Currently there is no Smartlist for Invoicing Module transactions, so customers must use the RM Transaction smartlist to capture information on these documents. It would be helpful if users could add columns from the invoicing module to this view. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

empty data from a pivot table
i've a pivot table with data, format and so on. For create the table i've include data from an external source data. Now, before to send out the workbook i want to clear all the data, so that the pivot table is empty but not lost the format of the columns and the fields. How can do it? I hope to explain well my problem. Thanks for any help! ...

Resize XML Table
I imported an XML table into Excel. I need to expand the size of the table, but the normal copy and insert copied cells is not available to use on an XML table. The only way I found to do this is to open the xML task pane and select a column heading in the XML map. The column of data is selected and a black border surrounds the data included in the column. I can then drag the corner of the border to resize. This causes an autofil of data in to the new rows. NOt really a problem, but is there any other way to to this. It seems that I can delete rows from XML table using the norm...

Numeric values in data area of the pivot tables
How can I bring a numeric data into the data area of a pivot table? I need to sort the numeric values in the numerical order. Any idea? ...

Cannot e-mail an Access report using Excel
When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. It worked with 2003 but not with 2007. I searched everywhere for an answer but no solution. Does anyone know how to make this work? You are very much in the wrong newsgroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30B14FA1-EAAD-4032-9C21-50DB7E2CAB13@microsoft.com... > When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. > It worked with...

Server Information
When you go to set up your outlook what do you put for the server information it asks? it says something about POP3 an SMTP?? what are those???? The are servers that are responsible for holding the e-mail of many users (pop3) and routing from one company to another (smtp). What you put in each is what your internet service provider has provided to you when you signed up to access the internet. "LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF" <LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07EF971-BD92-4EBD-8D3C-538B3277E459@microsoft.com... > When you go to set up your outlook w...

ADO Error Attempting to Link Table
Hi, I am attempting to link a table from an user-level security database to an unsecured databaes. The error I get is: Run Time Error -2147467259, Could not find installable ISAM. I have done much searching but I haven't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Option Compare Database Dim adoCn As ADODB.Connection Dim adoCat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim adoTbl As New ADOX.Table Private Sub createlink_Click() 'Create Link.. Set adoCat = New ADOX.Catalog Set adoCat.ActiveConnection = adoCn Set adoTbl.ParentCatalog = adoCat adoTbl.Name = "LinkTable" adoTbl...

window information
Hi, Is there any free utility available on net which can show the the window name and window class name if the mouse cursor is put on a perticular window. Thanks, Cric. Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you the details you are looking for. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ajay Man thanks your tip was very helpful. Thanks Cric Ajay Kalra wrote: > Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you > the details you are looking for. > > ------ > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

listing records from 2 database tables even if there are no values in one table
I hope that this makes sense, but as an example: I have 2 databases. The first one (db1) contains Product Name & Serial Number. The second (db2) contains Serial Number and Price (but does not contain all of the records in db1). I want to see ALL Product Names (from db1) and Prices (from db2), where price is available. When I link "Serial Number" from each database, I only get the common results, withe some Product Names eliminated. How could I get All Product Names and Prices, showing "n/a" (or something like that) when there is no Price on record? Any help is gr...

Exporting to Quickbooks
After a week of trying different settings and tweaking the GL account table to get things to post, we finally got all our batches posted to Quickbooks. What we are missing however is the PO information. I thought the PO's would show up as Bills in quickbooks. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. Matt, You need to create a different account for accounts payable. The default is 2100, just use 2101 or whatever. To post in the original 2100 QB's requires too much info that RMS doesn't pass through, so you will keep getting errors. Exact directions on ho...

duplicate table just values not formulas in the table
duplicate a table with the just values not formulas in the table so that I don't have to readjust the formulas as when they are copied and pasted they are often meaning less ie referring to the wrong cells Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >duplicate a table with the just values not formulas in the table so that I >don't have to readjust the formulas as when they are copied and pasted they >are often meaning less ie referring to the wrong cells a) it's in the manual, Copy, Paste Special, Values. b) wrong newsgroup, this is microsoft.public.excel.charting....

Gradebook template-- How to print one student information
Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information np2 Wrote: > Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information Hi Np2 Try File > Page Setup > Page Tab >Click fit to 1 page wide by 1 page long Or File > Page Setup > Sheet Tab and set Print Are -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46764 ...

What event to use for checking table values on a form when record is completed?
What event should I use to check values entered into a new record on a form? The easiest one for me is "On Click" for a particular textbox, but it requires user input. For the form itself, from "AfterUpdate", On Current and "Before Update" are candidate--which one? Or are there others? Also I plan to use this structure: (StockSymbol is a field in the table bound to the form) If Me.NewRecord Then <--When will this condition trigger? ElseIf IsNull(Me.StockSymbol) Then 'STUFF TO CHECK HERE Else 'OTHER STUFF End If Thanks! RL (BT-...