Increasing Months

Hi

Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer.

On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see
Fev-07

I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would
increase by 1

What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar
2007.  The formula should be issued from [Text301]

Then [Text303] related to [Text302],   [Text304] related to
[Text303], .......

So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give
me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc...

I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08  or  Mar-08  or
Mar-2008  or  Mar 2008

thanks
0
jeanulrich00
1/3/2008 7:43:02 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assuming that the data in [Text301] is Date/Time and not something that looks
like a date in a text field:

Format(DateAdd("m",1, [Text301]),"MMM-YY")
Format(DateAdd("m",2, [Text301]),"MMM-YY")
Format(DateAdd("m",3, [Text301]),"MMM-YY")
Format(DateAdd("m",4, [Text301]),"MMM-YY")

and so on for each field as needed.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"jeanulrich00@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer.
>
> On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see
> Fev-07
>
> I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would
> increase by 1
>
> What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar
> 2007.  The formula should be issued from [Text301]
>
> Then [Text303] related to [Text302],   [Text304] related to
> [Text303], .......
>
> So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give
> me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc...
>
> I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08  or  Mar-08  or
> Mar-2008  or  Mar 2008
>
> thanks

You are committing spreadsheet as we say here.  And in addition, controls
with meaningless names such as Text301 are poor practice.  How will you ever
know what they represent a month from now?

What is it that you are trying to do and what is the table structure?

<jeanulrich00@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer.
>
> On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see
> Fev-07
>
> I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would
> increase by 1
>
> What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar
> 2007.  The formula should be issued from [Text301]
>
> Then [Text303] related to [Text302],   [Text304] related to
> [Text303], .......
>
> So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give
> me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc...
>
> I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08  or  Mar-08  or
> Mar-2008  or  Mar 2008
>
> thanks

0
Pat
1/3/2008 10:09:47 PM
On 3 jan, 17:09, "Pat Hartman" <please no em...@aol.com> wrote:
> You are committing spreadsheet as we say here.  And in addition, controls
> with meaningless names such as Text301 are poor practice.  How will you ever
> know what they represent a month from now?
>
> What is it that you are trying to do and what is the table structure?
>
> <jeanulric...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi
>
> > Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer.
>
> > On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see
> > Fev-07
>
> > I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would
> > increase by 1
>
> > What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar
> > 2007.  The formula should be issued from [Text301]
>
> > Then [Text303] related to [Text302],   [Text304] related to
> > [Text303], .......
>
> > So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give
> > me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc...
>
> > I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08  or  Mar-08  or
> > Mar-2008  or  Mar 2008
>
> > thanks

Hi what I want to do is using those [Text301] as a label

I have a table "T-Period" containing 2 fields "PeriodNo" text field
00, 01, 02, 03 and so on until 35
and "PeriodName"  Feb-07, Mar-07, Apr-07 ... and so on until Dec-09

When I produce a report I have to show all the 35 periods but for as
the user is aloud to decals period as much as 3 period. I have to show
38 periods and the last 3 are not included in the "T-Period" table

Example we receive a bill in the month of january and this bill will
be paid only 3 months after so I have to show that the money will be
needed for the month of april

For the first 35 i can use formula like dlookup ("field", "table",
"criteria") and it is easy 9just change the criteria) but for the last
3 "columns" I need another formula because they are not included in
the table and cannot be added b ecause a pivot query and some other
reasons.

This application will be used on a lot of project so I have to
automated it

thanks

0
jeanulrich00
1/3/2008 11:02:48 PM
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:43:02 -0800 (PST), jeanulrich00@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer.
>
>On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see
>Fev-07
>
>I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would
>increase by 1
>
>What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar
>2007.  The formula should be issued from [Text301]
>
>Then [Text303] related to [Text302],   [Text304] related to
>[Text303], .......
>
>So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give
>me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc...
>
>I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08  or  Mar-08  or
>Mar-2008  or  Mar 2008
>
>thanks

You can set the control source of each textbox to

=DateAdd("m", 1, [Text301])

using 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 35 in each textbox. Set the Format property of each
textbox to

mmm-yy

to display (e.g.) Mar-07.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Monthly sales report
I am looking for a report that is a month end recap of the daily register Z reports. Does anyone have a report like this? I am prepared to customize a report, it would be nice if I can start with something close to what I need. Thank you ...

group and sort by month / site
I have the following tables/fields relevant to the query I’m after: Screened.site Recruitment.DateOfReferral all I want to do is design a query and subsequent report which shows the number of referrals received in a given month/year and to group the outcome by site (to know how many were referred from a given site). At the moment, I have this query: SELECT Recruitment.DateOfReferral, Screened.Site, Count(Recruitment.DateOfReferral) AS CountOfDateOfReferral FROM Screened INNER JOIN Recruitment ON Screened.StudyNumber = Recruitment.StudyNumber GROUP BY Recruitment.DateOfReferral, Screene...

Month question
Basically, I would like to create a function where example if I type 02/04/2004, the column next to it will automaticall increment of 2 months, become 02/06/2004. So, my function is below: =DAY(A1) & "/" & (MONTH(A1) + 2) & "/" & YEAR(A1) But, this function got problem, which is the leading zero, meanin 02/04/2004 will become 2/6/2004 How do I fix this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =date(year(a1),month(a1)+2,day(a1)) but use format|cells|number tab to give it the format you like. mm/dd/yyyy "ngaisteve1 <" w...

Formatting Cells to display Date: month/day/year
I am a newbie when it comes to Excel and after doing some searchin through threads I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so her goes: [image: http://www.geocities.com/danmann81/timesheet.jpg] The red box is the area I'm trying to format. What I want to do is se the formula for dates so that the dates update automatically withou having to change them manually every pay period. I hope that mak sense. Thank You Danie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your link does not work :-) You may try to avoid attachments/links and describe your issue in plain text ...

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

outlook 2007 monthly calendar six column?
Just converted to Outlook 2007 from 2003, where I could print a monthly calendar with 6 columns: Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat/Sun. This freed up some width per column, b/c the weekend days were consolidated. Can't seem to do this with '07. The columns are too skinny (even on landscape) and I can't read appts. Advice? Thx Try the calendar printing assistant or word template- see http://slipstick.me/calprint for links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

RMS 3.0 Sales by month in form view
I would like to see a 13 or 24 month history of sales broken out by month, JAN, FEB, MARCH etc as a tab on the item properties screen. That way I can easily view the movment of an items sales w/o running a report. Then it would be great to be able to run a report that would list an item in a row w/ the sales qty for each month as columns across the page. There are many systems that do this. Mark Richter Stony Creek Computer Services www.stonycreekcomputerservices.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Smart List Export to Excel
When I export smart list data to an Excel Spreadsheet, I cannot use the month function on date fields. They look like dates, and have serial numbers like dates, but the function returns 01-04-1900 instead of the month. Is this an Excel issue or an issue with date fromatting from samrt lists? thanks -- Bob G Bob, What versions of GP and Excel? I just tried it on my GP 9.0 SP 2 and Excel 2007 - dumped a bunch of Account Transaction lines to Excel, and the MONTH function worked correctly...... -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Bob Gunderson" &l...

Increasing alphabectically
Windows XP and Excel 2003 The first time through the program should read: With Active Sheet .First = Sheets("Rates").Range("B2") .Second = Sheets("Rates").Range("B3:B186") End With The next time through the Ranges should read "C2" and "C3:C186" Then next time "D2" and "D3:D186" and so on until it reaches "X2"and "X3:X186" Can someone suggest a good way to do this. Please. You could use index values rather than th...

difference in months
Hi there I have 2 dates and i want to calculate the difference in months not years Any help will be appreciated Thanks Londoner Try theses out. I found them in the Excel HELP. =MONTH(A3)-MONTH(A2) Calculates difference in months within same year. =(YEAR(A4)-YEAR(A3))*12+MONTH(A4)-MONTH(A3) Calculates difference in months for dates occurring in different years. Les "Londoner" wrote: > Hi there > I have 2 dates and i want to calculate the difference in months not years > > Any help will be appreciated > > Thanks > > Londoner > > With th...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

increasing arguments
I'm performing a simple addition calculation for material that is neste within other data, therefore i am unable to simpley sum the entir column........ Currently its telling me i have too many arguments......... =SUM(N146,N142,N138,N134,N130,N126,N122,N118,N114,N110,N106,N102,N98,N94,N90,N86,N82,N78,N74,N70,N66,N62,N58,N54,N50,N46,N42,N38,N34,N30,N26,N22) that is a total of 32 cells notated.......how can i increase th argument level from 30 to 32 or 33 ? Your assistance is greatl appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...

Increasing field size in detail inquiry
I would like to increase the size of one of the fields in the account area of detail inquiry. Right now the W in account number W-123-4567-33-us looks like a V. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave, You might have done this already but maybe not. Did you go to the Account Format Setup window and for your first account segment change the Display Width from "standard" to "Expansion 3"? That should do the trick for you. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no righ...

Using CSocket with CSocketFile Increases memory usage
Hello All, I am using CSocket derived class with CSocketFile. After I run the application for 6 hours the memory increases in Task Manager by 30000K. The messages sent per second is 30.Has anybody seen such a issue. Regards Partha No, but there are so many problems with CSocket and CSocketFile that it is probably a Really Bad Idea to have used them at all, for any purpose. It sounds like you are not successfully closing some resource. But you would be a lot better off getting rid of them entirely. CSocket is known to be buggy, for example. joe On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:30:47 -0700 (PDT),...

Need a formula to calculate the number of months to pay off a loan
I need a formula to calculate the number of months it will take to pay off a loan, given interest rate, balance and the amount of payments. Look in HELP for the NPER() function Make sure you use monthly rate if you require number of months -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kv" <kv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96818DF1-A69D-44EE-9102-E0117F1E0082@microsoft.com... >I need a formula to calculate the number of months it will take to pay off >a > loan, given interest rate, balance and the amount of payments. There are ton...

Increasing font size in replies
What would cause font sizes to increase each time an email is replied to? For example A sends email to B B replys to A and so on. The first email is now a huge font, the reply a little smaller and so on until the current email reached where it is a normal size. An email printed should only take 4-5 pages now takes about 30! RD Does this happen when a message travels over a Notes connector? >-----Original Message----- >What would cause font sizes to increase each time an email is replied to? > > For example A sends email to B B replys to A and so on. The first email is >...

Ask user to enter month then query for that month
I want to ask a user to enter month required for the report. Then provide that paramater in a form. The problem I have is the field I am using in the data datebase is date as 1/18/2007 indicating 1 as Jan , 18 as 18th of Jan and years as 2007. I want the user to enter October for month. The return the results in forms and print the results. Thank You.. AL AL Rios wrote: > I want to ask a user to enter month required for the report. Then > provide that paramater in a form. > > The problem I have is the field I am using in the data datebase is > date as 1/18/2007 > ...

Increase Potential
ACTING FOR THE NON ACTOR WITH AWARD WINNING ACTOR/WRITER/DIRECTOR/TEACHER MICHAEL COLE DINELLI www.gravitywavefilms.com Employ the tools of the Actor to enhance your communication creative skills in business, relationships, and everyday life. Learn the exercises and acting techniques the professionals use for their work in movies and stage. These classes are designed for the non-pro to be informative, great fun, and bring out the best in you weather you are a salesman, attorney, teacher, or just looking for something fun and therapeutic. Conquer your fear of public speaking and ...

Percentage increase in excel
Hi, I have a column showing profit over one year and i would like to calculate the percentage increase each month. For example my columns might be as follows. Jan - �3000 Feb - �4500 Mar - �7000 Apr - �9000 etc. So i need to calculate the percentage increase from Jan to Feb and so on. Does anybody know the formula? Thanks -- fibregrid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fibregrid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25707 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401911 fibregri...

Increase Max Value of Spinner
The Maximum Value of the "Spinner" form is 30,000. Is there any way to increase it? I'd like to bump the maximum value up into the millions. You can use the spinner button from the control toolbox instead -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Lon" <sobel@entertainmentlawreporter.com> wrote in message news:sdw0g.3416$oQ2.301@trnddc05... > The Maximum Value of the "Spinner"...

Increase Report Options in Report Group Window
Currently under the Reports - Financial - Groups window there are only 32 reports in the Report Options box. We have more than 32 reports set up, we would like to see all of the reports in order to put them into a group. We only need to add 10-15 reports into the group, but we need to see all of the reports we have set up. We would utilize the Group Reporting option more if we were able to see all of our reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...