Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button? - 17672

We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that.
I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports.
What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and
import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't
know how to use access that well.  I figure this will have to be done
through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a
button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the
spreadsheet directly to the table.  If it has to call the wizard that
still would not be as bad and navigating through everything but if
anyone knows of how to do this task simply and efficiently please let
me know.  Thanks.

-WS

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On 22 May 2007 06:50:00 -0700, 72185 wrote:

> We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that.
> I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports.
> What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and
> import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't
> know how to use access that well.  I figure this will have to be done
> through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a
> button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the
> spreadsheet directly to the table.  If it has to call the wizard that
> still would not be as bad and navigating through everything but if
> anyone knows of how to do this task simply and efficiently please let
> me know.  Thanks.
>
> -WS

In VBA help, look up the TransferSpreadsheet method.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,
"MyImportTableName", "c:\FolderName\WorkbookName.xls", False,
"MyWorksheetName!A1:K31"
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Usage (scope) of ALTER TABLE in sproc
hi @ll, I have a question about the usage of ALTER TABLE in a stored procedure (SQL Server 2005): First concurrent query, started first, should be later encapsulated in a stored procedure: BEGIN TRANSACTION [Test] ; ALTER TABLE [myTable] NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; -- Function from BOL, WAITFOR DELAY wrapper. EXEC TimeDelay_hh_mm_ss '00:00:10'; ALTER TABLE [myTable] CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; COMMIT TRANSACTION [Test] ; Second concurrent query: INSERT INTO [myTable] ( [Id], [Abbreviation], [Name] ...

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

Importing Dynamic data

Button to Export a Record into XML
I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will export the current record displayed to a XML file. Only the current record, and not the entire table. How would I go about this? Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export the query, not the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A44F67-D93C-4C70-88F9-27662B43F92F@microsoft.co...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

importing email

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...

Table security
I have an Access 2003 database. On a form a user can select values by means of a combobox. If the user enters a value that is not present in the underlying table, the 'on not in list' event asks the user if he/ she would like to add the new entry to the table. If the user answers yes, a password form will be displayed asking the user for a password. If the password is correct, the new entry will be added to the table. However, the user could also bypass this by simply select the table and add the new entry manually. How do I prevent the user from doing that? Is there a way to f...

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Spreadsheet size #3
How large can an Excel spreadsheet get without becoming unstable? Obviously, there has to be limit at some point, but I was wondering if anyone has any direct experience with this or documentation related to this. Just in case this is needed, here are the specs on the machine I work with: 40GB hard drive with 30GB free 2GB RAM (yes, I really have this) 1.78 MHZ processor Windows XP SP2 Excel 2002 SP3 Often working with files 25-30 MB on 1GB RAM 1 MHZ WinXPSP2 Excel 2000, no problem, but it might depend on what you are doing ?? knut "jim314" <jim314@discussions.microsoft.c...

Command button and linking spreadsheets
what's the formula to create several links to spreadsheets for several command buttons in control tool box? Eg. I want a summary sheet with 3 command buttons, once i click on a command button it will go to the spreadsheet that was specified. Help plz. ...