Importing from Excel to Access 2003

Trying to import a spreadsheet called "Service Customers" from Excel 2003
into Access 2003 but keep getting a message that the Microsoft Jet engine
cannot locate the file "Service Customers$" - check name and location etc but
file exists and is correctly named. Where does this "$" come from?
Anyone help with this one please?
--
john
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I don't know why this is happening.  Odd things go on between Excel and
Access that you have no control over.  If you just want to get it imported,
I'd try saving the Excel sheet as a CSV and import it that way.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"jonfromdon" <jonfromdon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to import a spreadsheet called "Service Customers" from Excel 2003
> into Access 2003 but keep getting a message that the Microsoft Jet engine
> cannot locate the file "Service Customers$" - check name and location etc
> but
> file exists and is correctly named. Where does this "$" come from?
> Anyone help with this one please?
> --
> john

0
Roger
3/12/2008 3:41:02 PM
Roger
Thanks for that info - have now transferred the file with a few errors but
nothing critical - nows comes the fun of creating forms etc!
Kind regards
--
john

"Roger Carlson" wrote:

> I don't know why this is happening.  Odd things go on between Excel and
> Access that you have no control over.  If you just want to get it imported,
> I'd try saving the Excel sheet as a CSV and import it that way.
>
> --
> --Roger Carlson
>   MS Access MVP
>   Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>   Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>
> "jonfromdon" <jonfromdon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to import a spreadsheet called "Service Customers" from Excel 2003
> > into Access 2003 but keep getting a message that the Microsoft Jet engine
> > cannot locate the file "Service Customers$" - check name and location etc
> > but
> > file exists and is correctly named. Where does this "$" come from?
> > Anyone help with this one please?
> > --
> > john

no i didt

"Roger Carlson" <RogerCarlson@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> I don't know why this is happening.  Odd things go on between Excel and
> Access that you have no control over.  If you just want to get it
> imported, I'd try saving the Excel sheet as a CSV and import it that way.
>
> --
> --Roger Carlson
>  MS Access MVP
>  Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>  Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>
> "jonfromdon" <jonfromdon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Trying to import a spreadsheet called "Service Customers" from Excel 2003
>> into Access 2003 but keep getting a message that the Microsoft Jet engine
>> cannot locate the file "Service Customers$" - check name and location etc
>> but
>> file exists and is correctly named. Where does this "$" come from?
>> Anyone help with this one please?
>> --
>> john

0
harrison_08
3/15/2008 8:28:28 PM

<harrison_08@hotmail.co.uk> сообщил(а) в новостях
> no i didt
>

> "Roger Carlson" <RogerCarlson@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
>> I don't know why this is happening.  Odd things go on between Excel and
>> Access that you have no control over.  If you just want to get it
>> imported, I'd try saving the Excel sheet as a CSV and import it that way.
>>
>> --
>> --Roger Carlson
>>  MS Access MVP
>>  Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>>  Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>>
>> "jonfromdon" <jonfromdon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Trying to import a spreadsheet called "Service Customers" from Excel
>>> 2003
>>> into Access 2003 but keep getting a message that the Microsoft Jet
>>> engine
>>> cannot locate the file "Service Customers$" - check name and location
>>> etc
>>> but
>>> file exists and is correctly named. Where does this "$" come from?
>>> Anyone help with this one please?
>>> --
>>> john

0
viktor

Importing messages #6

Remote VPN access to Exchange
We have a user who is remotely connecting to our network via VPN through a Cisco PIX firewall. She can access network resources no problem, but when she tries to configure Outlook using our Exchange server, it keeps asking for authentication. Using her windows account information does not work. How do we get past this? Thanks. Is she actually authenicating in the domain or is she using cached credentials? It seems unusual that authentication would work for network resources for not for Exchange. What type of network resources is she asking and is she actually logging onto the domain...

Import and export

Importing data

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

ofice 2003
I have an error 1335 I am installing office 2003 the file is courupt: A2561405CAB any solutions ...

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...

Run excel when logged off.
Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in. Is that possible? Thanks, Jasper What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped drives", you will have to fix that issue too. Jaz wrote: > Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? > > I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to > have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in...

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

OWA Access denied to domain users Exchange 2000
Hi I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try user A@abc.com and it works. Then I try user B@abc.com and it denies access. I am at a loss to understand why some users in the domain can log in to OWA and some users can't. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks & Regards Any help? soup_or_power@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi > I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for > the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try > user A@abc...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...