Import from table in another database

Hi,

I really need to import a union query from another database.

What I'm actually doing is importing the query as table in the query's
database, and then import that table in each user application.

The problem is that i can't get the table to be updated automatically :(((

Is there any way to link directly to the query, or any other ideas?????

--
Thanks,

Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;)

Emanuel Violante Galeano
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

sorry to everyone, the question isn't correct, thanks to reply to my next
post....
--

"Emanuel Violante" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I really need to import a union query from another database.
>
> What I'm actually doing is importing the query as table in the query's
> database, and then import that table in each user application.
>
> The problem is that i can't get the table to be updated automatically :(((
>
> Is there any way to link directly to the query, or any other ideas?????
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;)
>
> Emanuel Violante Galeano

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Usage (scope) of ALTER TABLE in sproc
hi @ll, I have a question about the usage of ALTER TABLE in a stored procedure (SQL Server 2005): First concurrent query, started first, should be later encapsulated in a stored procedure: BEGIN TRANSACTION [Test] ; ALTER TABLE [myTable] NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; -- Function from BOL, WAITFOR DELAY wrapper. EXEC TimeDelay_hh_mm_ss '00:00:10'; ALTER TABLE [myTable] CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; COMMIT TRANSACTION [Test] ; Second concurrent query: INSERT INTO [myTable] ( [Id], [Abbreviation], [Name] ...

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Need help with exel database #2
I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I have a pre-written letter that I want to send out to each of the names in the database. My question is if I can somehow have exel automatically create a seperate letter in Word for each Name in the database and have the correct data go into the correct fields in the pre-written letter. Is that possible? Thanks for any input. Look at Mail Merge in MS Word and your worksheet as the data source "john2004" wrote: > I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I > have a ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

Table security
I have an Access 2003 database. On a form a user can select values by means of a combobox. If the user enters a value that is not present in the underlying table, the 'on not in list' event asks the user if he/ she would like to add the new entry to the table. If the user answers yes, a password form will be displayed asking the user for a password. If the password is correct, the new entry will be added to the table. However, the user could also bypass this by simply select the table and add the new entry manually. How do I prevent the user from doing that? Is there a way to f...

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...

importing email

Updating a cell with data validation when another cell is changed.
In my sheet I have cell Y2, which when it contains "y", I want it to update the validation list =IF(Y2="y",DogList,NAList) That works, but if i delete the "y" from cell Y2, the validation drop- down list doesn't change until I click onto the cell I wrote some code to try and work around this: Private Sub WorkSheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Target.Address = "Y2" Then Range("AJ2").Value = "" Application.Calculate End Sub But still doesn't do that I want, when I change t...

import pdf table

PIVOT
Hi experts, I want to enable users with few knowledge of pivot techniques to change the grouping of a pivot chart resp. the underlying pivot table. The idea is, to have a changeable cell value beneath the chart to enter the group (groups of 2, 4, 6, 5, etc...). The associated pivot table shall change it's groupings accordingly, thus forces to change the associated chart. Any idea, how to achieve this? Thanks and have a nice day Michael Hi, What kind of groupings are we talking about when we say 2, 4, 6, 5? What is being grouped and how? What fields, row fields, more than one row fie...

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003