How to stop document map pane automatically formatting?

For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing
on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.)
I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved
document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I
send by email.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Michele,

This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The
Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. If this
is a Word question, I suggest reposting your question to the newsgroup below:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would be helpful to specify which version and service pack level (See
Help > About for this information) that you are using.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html

"Michele" wrote:

> For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing
> on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.)
> I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved
> document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I
> send by email.
Thanks Tom. I appreciate your reply. I'll get my question into the right
area.  Cheers, Michele

"Tom Wickerath" wrote:

> Hi Michele,
>
> This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The
> Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. If this
> is a Word question, I suggest reposting your question to the newsgroup below:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
>
> It would be helpful to specify which version and service pack level (See
> Help > About for this information) that you are using.
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "Michele" wrote:
>
> > For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing
> > on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.)
> > I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved
> > document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I
> > send by email.

improve text formating features in text fields
The word editing facilities in the notes sections are very very limited. E.g. no bullit list option, only very basic copy/past functionality, you can only add one attachment per note.etc.etc. Is it possible to imprve this? I would also like to have the option to change the sequence of the notes in the way they are shown on the screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link ...

Why is my favorite folders pane gone? How do I get it back?
They say you can't do this. In the little buttons on the bottom, click on the envelope that corresponds to "Mail." That will get the view back that has the favorite folders and all mail folder in it. Click on the little folder to go to regular folder view. Cappy "zfolwick" <zfolwick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EB8D60-5483-4978-80C4-38A6DD598E91@microsoft.com... > They say you can't do this. Geez. . . so. . . it's a problem with the ID 10 T working the keyboard that's taking the short bus. Thanks, man. "Cappy&q...

Word documents should contain an embedded dictionary
When I write documents with many proper names, I add the names to the custom dictionary to permit Word to spell check the names throughout the document. That said, I would rather not keep proper names in my custom dictionary where I keep what I consider to be "global" or cross document language additions like acronyms etc. Also, when coworkers view my document in Word on their machines, it flags the names as misspellings since my custom dictionary is stored on my machine (needless to say it's not real pleasant trying to share and manage a document and external cust...

my cursur does not work in my word document?
I can not get mt sursur to work in my document. I can not copy or paste selct objects or move around my document using my mouse. It woks every where else Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791 The problem is a corrupted Data key in the registry--the solution is to delete it. Try either the "Fix it for me" or the "Let me fix it myself" link, depending on your comfort level with automation and/or registry editing. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com &q...

Date formatting problem.....
Hi All, I use the following code to create a string containing the current date. Dim sDate As String sDate = Format(Date$, "mmm d, yyyy") This code works fine here in the US, but a user in the UK is reporting that it's giving incorrect results. For example, on Nov. 5th, 2009, this code creates the string 'May 11, 2009' on the UK machine. Obviously, the code is confusing the month (11) and the day (5) and transposing them. I've played with this a bit, but haven't found a solution. Suggestions? Thanks, John Nobody wrote: > "John...

Intro Line when emailing publisher document
Hopefully I can make my question clear. I am wanting to take a pub doc. and send via email as part of the document, not as an attachment. I have no problem doing that. My question comes in when the email screen comes up. To, From, CC, or BCC. In the Pub 2002 version also listed is an Introduction Line where I am able to type text/paragraph that gets sent along with the email. My question is, my office mate for whatever reason has Publisher 2003. She does not have the Intro line included. How do we get the option to appear on her version. Hope my question is clear. -- Thank you...

Conditional formatting: How to set condition "formula" with is "date" formatted
I want to use Conditional Formatting. I opt for "formula". The condition should be that a cell F9 that is formatted to Date 14-Mar-07 (see cell format) need to be filled with a date (any date). If empty then FALSE. What is the formulah I need to fill in. DATE(F9<>0) failed for me. This is the condition that is set for cell H9. Thank you. Bart Excel 2003 =AND(LEFT(CELL("format",F9),1)="D",--RIGHT(CELL("format",F9),1)<6,LEN(CELL("format",F9))=2,LEN(F9)>0) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere sho...

Replaying audio in word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I recorded an interview in word. Now that I replay it, it sounds as if being reproduced in slow motion and is incomprehensible. Does anyone know how to play it at normal speed? Thanks ...

stops responding

Mapping a CSV file to an Xml Schema
Hi all, I am getting a CSV file like this from our client: "C1","2","12344","Mr","John","Chan","05/07/1976"......... I need to validate **each filed value** against a set of rules ,for instance for "05/07/1976" ,I need to make sure that it's in the right format ,It's not later than today and lots of other rules ,Is there somebody who can help me how to that?Can I map it to some sort of xml schema or something? Thanks for your help. Ali-R "Ali-R" <AliR@microsft.com> wrote in messa...

Automatically add calendar events?
Using the powershell, is there a way to add calendar events to specific mailboxes? Our vacation time request system is a home grown web-based application. We'd like to configure it so that once the vacation time has been approved, the requesters Outlook calendar would then automatically be populated with "out of office" entries for the days off they requested. Thanks in advance! I think you might have posted this to the wrong group - this is for Excel. Pete On Mar 11, 7:50=A0pm, "jim" <j...@nospam.com> wrote: > Using the powershell, is there a way ...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

how to save sent items automatically in a particular folder
"sent items" <sent items@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59D107D0-2F67-421D-814C-22176C6EE5A6@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm look at Rules and Alerts sent items <sent items@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> See Help>Rules and Alerts -- Brian Tillman ...

Choosing Report Format-Need advice
I asked this similar question a few days ago but received no response. Is there a way to change the properties when you’re using an AutoFormat for a report? I tried unsuccessfully to change the height of my alternating background when I used an AutoFormat (I’m using Access 2007). Is this the “rule”? I’m about to create several end-of-the-month reports that I plan to pull each month and thought I’d ask before I started. I’m also welcome to any suggestions about AutoFormat vs. designing your own report. Thank you for your input. AccessKay wrote: >I asked this simila...

can't upload documents
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) when i try to upload my resume i get an error message that reads, &quot;only doc,docx,rtf, txt&quot; Is there a way to make this work? obviously i'm not very computer literate and would appreciate any help. Thanks Do what the error message says! On 14/04/10 11:39 AM, in article 59bb6e51.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "bigsexysj@officeformac.com" <bigsexysj@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) when i try to upload my resume i get > an error message that reads, "only doc...

recipient policy stopped working

Formating to show square meters ie m2
I would like to be able to format in excel the square meters symbol ,which is m with a small 2 just above, is this possible please ? Many thanks Select your range, press Ctrl + 1, go to the Number tab,=20 press Custom and enter: General" m=B2" To enter the 2 hold down the ALT key and type "0178" (no=20 quotes) on your numeric keypad. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to format in excel the square=20 meters symbol ,which is=20 >m with a small 2 just above, is this possible please ? > >Many thanks >. > You ...

Count the Colorindex of a cell with a conditional format
Is there any way (with or without code) to count the number of cells that have a condition that displays a specific colorindex tied to a conditional format? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, I answered no to this once and Bob Philips corrected me and pointed me towards his page below. You can count conditionally formatted cells but it ain't easy. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the questio...

Inter-Document Cross-Referencing
I'm writing a book, and each chapter is typeset in a different MS Word 2007 file. It's easy to cross-reference within each document, but, is it possible to cross-reference between chapters? Hi Mohammad, You can reference bookmarks in another file by using the INCLUDETEXT field, which is similar to the REF field, but refers to text in another file. The syntax is {INCLUDETEXT "filename" [bookmark]}. -- Hope this helps, Pesach Shelnitz My Web site: http://makeofficework.com "Mohammad Sadeq Dousti" wrote: > I'm writing a book, and ea...

Document not saved #9
Hi I am using Excel 97 and Windows 2003 server. I am using macros in Excel. When I am trying to save I always get “Document not saved”. But it is saved as file, name like “2g54ggi”. Does anyone know can be the problem Bv Geir When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blamed for int...

save my email "sent items" to a document so I can download
I need to make my "sent Items" in my Outlook Email a file to be savesd in my documents . I would like to download them to a CD. Any Ideas? wahoomq wrote: > I need to make my "sent Items" in my Outlook Email a file to be savesd in my > documents . I would like to download them to a CD. Any Ideas? Use auto-archive to move out old items (based on the Modified datestamp, not the Received datestamp) to move them into an archive .pst file. Then copy the archive .pst file from the hard drive to a CD-R. Just remember that you will need to copy that .pst file off the CD-...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...