How to revalue an option buttons

Hi,
I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add
a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has
55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option
from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the
value of each option?
Thanks!!

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5
will turn into 0.
Change the field type to Double or Single

--
Good Luck
BS"D

"Jon" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add
> a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has
> 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option
> from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the
> value of each option?
> Thanks!!

hi,
which field you meant please?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:25:00 -0700, Jon wrote:

> Hi,
> I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add
> a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has
> 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option
> from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the
> value of each option?
> Thanks!!

The value of an option group cannot be a decimal value.
The value of the group is determined by the value of each button
within the group. That value is an Integer value, i.e. 1, 2, 3, etc.

That integer value is what is stored in your table when an option
value is selected.

To work with the selected value, you would use an expression in a
query (or directly on a form or report) and convert the Integer value
to whatever other value you wish.
For example, to display in a query an increase in FieldA of .25, .50,
or .75 or no increase if option 1, 2, 3 or no option is selected ...
ChangeValue:IIf([OptionGroup] = 1, [FieldA]*1.25,IIf([OptionGroup] =
2, [FieldA] * 1.5,IIf([OptionGroup] = 3,[FieldeA]*1.75,[FieldA])))

I hope this helps you understand Option Groups.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

Outlook 2003 Delegation : Can't see the "Global Address List" in the "Add" button.
Dear all, I can't see the "Global Address List" in the "Add" button under the Delegates tab (Tools -> Options). This happens after I upgrade the Microsoft Outlook 2000 to Microsoft Outlook 2003 client and this only happens in Microsoft Outlook 2003 client. Any ideas ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul Is is added to your Address Book? Tools-> Address Book in AB; Tools-> Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Zul" <mlist@...

Help | Contents | Find | Go button Search from CRM Web Client
In short, I have been unable to perform a Help | Contents | Find | Go button search from the CRM web client until I added my domain account to the Administrators Group of the CRM server. It doesn't seem to make sense to me that all CRM users would have to be added to the Administrators Group of the CRM server. I'm assuming this issue could've been avoided during the initial installation of CRM, but I wasn't around when that took place. What can/should I do to address this situation (i.e. having to add CRM users to the Administrators Group in order to use the search)...

programtically change an Embedded picture of a command button
I'd like to prgramatically change the Embeded picture of a command button. I don't want to use a linked picture because the application is portable and I don't want to have to copy the image along with the .mdb Anyone have sample code for this? Have an invisible CommandButton of the same size with the required image embedded, then use the PictureData property. Me.cmd1.PictureData = Me.cmd2.PictureData should do it. -Jon "TADropik" <tom@sportmutt.com> wrote in message news:0BBECB0B-06BB-42D4-8FA4-7B0565E84E7E@microsoft.com... > I'd like t...

Outlook Find option
When we use the find option in Outlook 2002/2003, it tries to find the old items first...is there an option/setting that we can change where it finds the most recent items first?. Thank You, Sam Unfortunately, no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net...

revalue parts that have zero standard cost only
You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to get a cost on them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Locking buttons
Hi everyone, this may or may not be possible but I'll ask the question anyway. .. I have a form with two butttons; each opening a different report. 'Report 1' button and 'Report 2' button. I also have another form that displays a drop down list where half of the list relates to 'Report 1' and the other half to 'Report 2'. Is it possible to make one button inactive if the criteria in the drop down list have not been selected in the other form? Thanks for any input you may be able to give me, Sam -- Message posted via AccessMonster.c...

Menu Options on File
I have Outlook 2000 working in Win2k with all the service paks installed. On my File menu I have a Backup menu option that allows me to back up my .pst files at pre- defined interavals. I have Outlook installed on WinXP Home and it does not give me the backup option. Is there something that can be set in Outlook on the XP system to give me that menu item? ...

Financial Series Revaluation
What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the following: a. Realized Gain/loss b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked. Jack: With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eggrPChSGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the > following: > > a. Realized G...

Outlook 2000 Tracking Options
The section in tracking options that allows a user to decide on how to respond to requests for read receipts is grayed out. How can those options be made accessable to the user? The grayed out options are: Always send a response or Never send a response. Is there a registry setting that controls this? The OS is Windows 2000 Professional. The menu path is: Tools\Options\E-Mail Options\Tracking Options ...

PO
We have a fully received PO with all the line items completed received- however it is not possible to edit the PO status to 'closed' only 'received' or' change order'. Any ideas? Is the PO invoiced? You can go to utilities and use the option to remove completed po's. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Lisa T" wrote: > We have a fully received PO with all the line items completed received- > however it is not possible to edit the PO status to 'closed' only 'received' > or' change order'. > Any ideas? - Do you mean '...

Edit Message option not available in Outlook
I recently received an email from a friend who had marked the email private and set importance to high. I replied to his message with no problem, my reply incorporating his original - and, it appears, keeping his security and importance settings, which didn't really matter to me. However, after sending my reply, I decided I wanted to edit it; and this is where I ran into problems. I double- click on the message in the list, then pick the Edit menu from the top of the screen . but the "edit message" option is not available. It is light gray and unpickable. This is maddeni...

Revaluation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C85927.FD63EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Good day. I would like to ask whether anyone has encountered an error = saying "This year does not exist" when performing Multicurrency = Revaluation? Basically we have already checked the Fiscal Period Setup as well as = verified the Audit Trail Code Setup and everything seems to be okay. Is = there any other thing we may need to check? Thanks in advance! ------=_NextPart_000...

Upgrade to IE8 should be Optional Update not Important till it wor
IE8 constantly crashes compared to IE7. Once you finally got IE7 to work you came out with IE8 which doesn't work. Why not have a version WORK properly rather than consantly creating new unworkable versions? I have had to downgrade to IE7 on all of my computers and now on Windows Uprade you are trying to FORCE me to uprade to IE8 by listing it as an IMPORTANT update when it is important to me to not have my browser crash constantly. It should be an OPTIONAL update only... because of this I have had to set my windows update files to NOT automatically install important ...

CRM Buttons
I hope someone can help me with this. I am having a little trouble. I have made changes to the isv.config to add a menu item to the Contracts which is a URL button to call up a website for directions. I have entered the following code. **(This is in at the account section as well(Not the exact text but similar) <ToolBar ValidForCreate="1" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Url="http://www.mapquest.com" PassParams="1" WinParams="" WinMode...

Print and Page Preview buttons not working
I'm currently experiencing a problem where when a Network Printer is set as the default on the computer that both the Print and Page Preview don't work, you can click on them but they do nothing. Things work fine when using a Local printer. This is happening on a Windows XP SP2 in a Managed Desktop environment and Office 2003. Any things I can try, to get this working? To help clarify things, what happens in this Access database when the person clicks the Page Preview or Print option from the File menu the dialogs don't appear, unless the default printer set to a local/vir...

Attendee shows up as Required and Optional in Outlook 2007
I have a user that is not part of our domain. His outside email address needs to be added to an internal distribution list, so I created a contact in AD for him using his outside email address. I am able to send emails to him and also if I send an email to the distribution list he is part of he gets the email. If I set up a meeting in my calendar and invite him, he gets the invite, but if I make a change to that calendar invite I notice that his name shows up as a required and optional attendee. What is weird is that only his name shows up in the Required field and in the Optiona...

Employee Stock Options #2
Hello, My employer grants stock options that vest monthly and are fully vested after 4 years. When entering the option info, what vesting percentage do I use? 1/48th = 2.0833333333... When I attempt to enter the percentage, it complains that the % does not add up to 100%. I think I'm getting affected by a rounding error. Thanks in advance. Regards, Andy ...

outlook express 6 anti spam options ?
I have outlook express 6. It used to work with norton anti spam. I just bought norton 2007 internet security, and I don't see where it has any antispam options, norton 2006 did. What are some good options for antispam ? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS...

Auto Fill Options #6
Until today, the default of my auto fill options was copy cells; in addition, I never saw the auto fill box, ever. I've disabled the show paste and show insert options so the box doesn't appear but it defaults to fill series and adds a day to each date I drag and drop. Holding down the control key overrides the fill series default but I'd like to go back to copy cells as the default. Can it be done? I think it depends on what you have selected. If I put 1 in A1, select just A1 and drag that fill handle down, excel copies it. If I put 1 in A1 and 2 in A2, select A1:A2 a...

X-Axis Scale Options Missing
I have a basic line chart with 4 series on it. I want to change the range displayed on the x-axis (as I have done on numerous charts before). I right clicked the axis and selected 'Scale' tab, but to my surprise the menu was missing selections. Instead of options to display 'maximum' and 'minimum' values, I instead have a menu with options to select where the Y axis crosses, the number of categories between tick marks. Nothing about maximum or minimum values. What gives?? Arun - Use an XY (Scatter) chart type, not a Line chart type. That is, select the ch...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Make Toolbar buttons like radio buttons
I want to make some buttons on my toolbar act like radio buttons. I was able to do this manually, but since I think there is a better way to do this, I'd like to use it. My buttons are created using the resource editor. I tried using SetButtonStyle in OnCreate and PreCreateWindow but I get a Debug Assertion Failed. Can somebody help me do this. Thank you. Also, is there an easy way of making the status bar text for a button stay there while the button is checked? -- to reply, remove Big10 from address First Call GetButtonStyle(...) and then call SetButtonStyle(...). and you can also ...

Revaluation.
Hi, I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document. I appreciate any help... -- Evelin. ...