How to remove Security Notice from Access 2007 Runtime?

Is it possible?

Users of my program does not understand why they need to click "Open"
each time they run program under runtime. I have digitally signed
database and user has runtime only installed.

Imagine if we need to click Open each time we run executable. It is
very annoying.

Thanks,
Branislav

0
banem2
8/20/2007 6:34:53 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

banem2@gmail.com wrote:

>Is it possible?
>
>Users of my program does not understand why they need to click "Open"
>each time they run program under runtime. I have digitally signed
>database and user has runtime only installed.

What is the exact message they are seeing?  Have you signed the MDE?

Unfortunately I know next to nothing about signing.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
On Aug 21, 6:03 am, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> ban...@gmail.com wrote:
> >Is it possible?
>
> >Users of my program does not understand why they need to click "Open"
> >each time they run program under runtime. I have digitally signed
> >database and user has runtime only installed.
>
> What is the exact message they are seeing?  Have you signed the MDE?
>
> Unfortunately I know next to nothing about signing.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>    Tony's Microsoft Access Blog -http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/

Hi Tony,

Message is a bit longer. It starts with:

"A potential security concern has been identified. Warning: It is not
possible to determine that..."

"... The file might contain unsafe content that could harm your
computer. Do you want to open this file or cancel operation?"

Buttons: [Open] [Cancel]

I am wondering - does any EXE file contain code which can harm your
computer?

I have digitally signed MDB (not MDE) and build installation package
using Access 2007 Developer package. However it opens on my PC without
warning message, but user complains it must click "Open" to run
program.

I remember that developers of Access 2007 runtime have told us they
will remove this message from runtime, but it still appears. As in
runtime I don't have a way to add database to trusted locations, I
don't see a way how to remove this message. Actually it is very
annoying. If we need to click "Open" for each EXE program I am
wondering what we will tell to MS?

For Access 2003 I can set that using .REG file. Are there similar
solution for MS Access 2007?

Thanks,
Branislav

0
banem2
8/21/2007 6:46:01 AM
On Aug 21, 8:46 am, ban...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 21, 6:03 am, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote:
>

> > ban...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >Is it possible?
>
> > >Users of my program does not understand why they need to click "Open"
> > >each time they run program under runtime. I have digitally signed
> > >database and user has runtime only installed.
>
> > What is the exact message they are seeing?  Have you signed the MDE?
>
> > Unfortunately I know next to nothing about signing.
>
> > Tony
> > --
> > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> >    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > read the entire thread of messages.
> >    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> >    Tony's Microsoft Access Blog -http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> Message is a bit longer. It starts with:
>
> "A potential security concern has been identified. Warning: It is not
> possible to determine that..."
>
> "... The file might contain unsafe content that could harm your
> computer. Do you want to open this file or cancel operation?"
>
> Buttons: [Open] [Cancel]
>
> I am wondering - does any EXE file contain code which can harm your
> computer?
>
> I have digitally signed MDB (not MDE) and build installation package
> using Access 2007 Developer package. However it opens on my PC without
> warning message, but user complains it must click "Open" to run
> program.
>
> I remember that developers of Access 2007 runtime have told us they
> will remove this message from runtime, but it still appears. As in
> runtime I don't have a way to add database to trusted locations, I
> don't see a way how to remove this message. Actually it is very
> annoying. If we need to click "Open" for each EXE program I am
> wondering what we will tell to MS?
>
> For Access 2003 I can set that using .REG file. Are there similar
> solution for MS Access 2007?
>
> Thanks,
> Branislav

BTW I am moving back to Access 2003 runtime. There are
incompatibilities all the way. Here are some stupid:

- Close button on Report Toolbar won't close report
- Export To from same toolbar crash program. It cannot export to any
of the formats.
- I am showing welcome screen and after 2 seconds log-in screen
(custom). Program crash on some of the PC's on simple DoCmd.OpenForm
and DoCmd.Close acForm
- DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet crashes runtime

At the same time all is tested well on both Access 2003 and 2007!

Then:

- Speed is considerably lower, while memory usage is noticeable higher
- Runtime is almost twice in size larger
- On first run Access 2007 deletes all my VBA code without warning
- Zillion of other annoying things (too long list) including "Unsafe
program, click Open" (which one IS safe?)

So I am moving back to Access 2003 and I will remove any and last byte
of Office 2007. It is a toy for playing, not a serious program.

Regards,
Branislav
Branislav

0
banem2
8/21/2007 11:55:10 AM
banem2@gmail.com wrote:

>BTW I am moving back to Access 2003 runtime.

Yikes, quite a list of problems there.  I haven't played around with
A2007 much simply because it takes so long to switch between A2007 and
other versions of Access.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony

Remove Excel Icon ??

Help with trying to post a file to a secure website
I have been struggling with this for a couple of weeks. I have a digital certificate installed in my certificate collection store on my local computer. The site I am trying to post to also has our certificate installed is said it is ready to recieve transactions. I have created a file (xml) and I want to post to the given web address. An example of the web address is https://some.company.com/location this is what I have tried: aStreamReader = New StreamReader("C:\MyTest2.txt") postData = aStreamReader.ReadToEnd() Dim data As Byte() = encoding.GetBytes(postData) Dim myRe...

Even Page Footer in a Section
2007: In a dble-sided 70-pg doc, about the 5th section, I cannot access the even page footers!! No way: by dble-clicking or via the H/F tools. When I double-click, it seems to jump to a footer that is over text. I've checked the page setup and seems ok. What to do? -- Janet A. Are you sure that there are enough pages in section 5 for all headers and footers to be visible? Try inserting a page break (temporarily) and see if that makes a difference. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Removal

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

Remove lines with +++

Converting from Access 2000 to Access 2002
I created an Access database in Access 2000 running under Windows 2000. My client has upgraded to Access 2002. I ran the conversion utility to convert the Access 2000 database to Access 2002. When attempting to run the converted database, it initially opens but, when I try to use it, I get the message "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem..." I've tried breaking the original database into separate components. I can convert tables, queries, macros, and modules successfully. It's when I try to convert forms that problems occur. Some of my forms inititally appear to conve...

Office 2007 ultimate and Outlook 2007 Installation
I currently have Outlook 2007 on my PC. I will be installinf the complete ultimate suite. Do I need to uninstall the current outlook 2007 first? If I don't and install over it, will I loose my emails and folders? I would prefer to install all of the office suite in case there are files or links that could be omitted if I choose not to install outllok from the suite. Thank you for your help RGH Which Office 2007 version do you have installed at present -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be a...

How to Remove SRS

Configuring Entourage to access the new MS forums
How can I do this? Or do I have to use a lame web browser to access groups? -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info/ Hi John: You can't. You can run Outlook Express and the NNTP Bridge in Windows, if you have Parallels or VMWare on your Mac. But don't be in too much of a hurry to experiment with that, because I don't think the Mac groups have migrated onto the new...

Removing an item from menu

Security Vulnerability in Outlook 2007 email Encryption
I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. When someone with whom I have exchanged digital ID's with sends me an encrypted e-mail and I attempt a straight-forward "Reply To" there is an error message "Microsoft Outlook had problems encrypting this message ... recipients had missing or invalid certificates, or conflicting or unsupported encryption capabilities". The choices offered are to send unencrypted or to cancel. However, send unencrypted doesn't work. So then if I save the "Reply To" as a draft, restart Outlook, and then send the draf...

Chart Plot Area changes in Excel 2007
I having problems with unstable formats of charts in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet (under Windows XP). When I re-open a spreadsheet, the plot area is usually contracted to a much smaller portion of the total chart area, leaving lots of white space around the edges. This happens repeatedly with some, but not all, of the charts in my spreadsheet. Some are x-y plots, some are combination line, bar plots. Is there any way to keep the size of the plot area from changing? ...

Outlook 2007 Not Shutting Down
Outlook 2007 12.0.6014.5000 MSO 12.0.6017.5000 WinXP Home SP2 Office Professional 2007 When I exit/close Outlook 2007, it disappears from the task bar, but when I use Task Manager to look at the processes it still shows up there. That is interfering with the running of my nightly backups because the .pst files are still open and my backup program won't back them up. I have to manually use Task Manager to end the OUTLOOK.EXE process. I notice that there are still some I/Os going on when I terminate it. That makes me afraid that terminating the process might do something to corrupt the fil...

Runtime error 1004 application-defined or object-defined error
I tried to pose this on another group, MS Excel and VBA, but it still has not been posted, and I realize now that this group is much more active and accessible. . . . I am getting the error: "Runtime error 1004 application-defined or object-defined error" in the code provided below at this line of code: .Cells(StartRow + n - 1, 5).Value = _ WordDoc.Comments(n).Scope It is processing comments in a Word document and outputting them into Excel cells. It works fine on another document, but not on this particular document. However, the de...

remove Fax from address book?

Can not access my account from another computer
when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. It appears that Money Plus does not upload any data, anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, arjanbok@gmail.com wrote: >when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, >just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all >the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. >It appears that Money Plus does not...

Need to remove selected characters

Want Access database to appear as Outlook Address Book 05-04-07
We have an existing database which we work with and maintain daily. It contains email addresses. Is there a simple way for Outlook to use it as an address book while allowing us to continue using the database normally? Outlook has a 128 character GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) which, if stored in an Access table can be used as a link to connect an Outlook record, you an Access record. Ask how to write it to an Access table in an Outlook newsgroup. I only have code which works with an Exchange Server. Have a look: Private Sub cmdOutlook_Click() Dim olApp As Object Dim ns...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Inserting an excel spreadsheet into a task in outlook 2007
I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by availing myself to the ribbon commands. Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this object you must install a program to edit this object." Looking for answers -- Wave Hunter Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Offi...