how to recover Access data after automatic reboot?

Dear all,

During a run of my Access query, an automatic update restarted my computer.
This query has been run for a few days.
Does anyone know how to recover the data from this situation?
By the way, I don't know that whether my query was done or not before the
reboot.

Thanks,

pemt
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi,

pemt wrote:
> During a run of my Access query, an automatic update restarted my computer.
> This query has been run for a few days.
> Does anyone know how to recover the data from this situation?
First of all, do not touch you database file before making a backup copy.

The problem is that there is no such indicator.

You may try a professional recovery service or run some control
(validation) queries to decide if it was finished gracefully.

Also a query running that long indicates a lack of performance, so
tuning your query may be an option.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
11/16/2009 4:30:58 PM
We need a lot more information.

> This query has been run for a few days.
Does this mean that the query has been working for a few days OR that it has
actually been running for a few days?

Was it a select query or an action query? If a select query, the data should
all still be there. If an action query, such as a delete, update, or insert,
that could be a real problem.

Are you having at problems with the database which would make you think that
it's corrupt?
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"pemt" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> During a run of my Access query, an automatic update restarted my computer.
> This query has been run for a few days.
> Does anyone know how to recover the data from this situation?
> By the way, I don't know that whether my query was done or not before the
> reboot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> pemt
Thanks.

"Stefan Hoffmann" wrote:

> hi,
>
> pemt wrote:
> > During a run of my Access query, an automatic update restarted my computer.
> > This query has been run for a few days.
> > Does anyone know how to recover the data from this situation?
> First of all, do not touch you database file before making a backup copy.
>
> The problem is that there is no such indicator.
>
> You may try a professional recovery service or run some control
> (validation) queries to decide if it was finished gracefully.
>
> Also a query running that long indicates a lack of performance, so
> tuning your query may be an option.
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--
> .

Hi Jerry,

Thanks.
It's a Select query and has been running for a few days for simple data
range comparison of millions of data.
Actually I didn't "RUN" the query but click "Dataview". I guess I lost it
and have to re-run it.

pemt

"Jerry Whittle" wrote:

> We need a lot more information.
>
> > This query has been run for a few days.
> Does this mean that the query has been working for a few days OR that it has
> actually been running for a few days?
>
> Was it a select query or an action query? If a select query, the data should
> all still be there. If an action query, such as a delete, update, or insert,
> that could be a real problem.
>
> Are you having at problems with the database which would make you think that
> it's corrupt?
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "pemt" wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > During a run of my Access query, an automatic update restarted my computer.
> > This query has been run for a few days.
> > Does anyone know how to recover the data from this situation?
> > By the way, I don't know that whether my query was done or not before the
> > reboot.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > pemt
Hi,

I think you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair to repair
your Access MDB file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access MDB
files. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/aar/

W.D
0
wangdong
12/3/2009 7:18:00 AM
wangdong <wangdong@datanumen.net> wrote:

>I think you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair to repair
>your Access MDB file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access MDB
>files. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/aar/

1) You are an employee of such a company

2) You should be disclosing that fact more openly.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

How can I push Access Data into Excel from Access 2007?
I have written macros in Access and Excel to extract data from multiple spreadsheets, manipulate the data, then import it into tables in Access 2007 to run reports, etc. The data is replaced on a monthly basis. This part works fine. Now I would like to take this data from Access, run queries and push the data back into an Excel template with 101 worksheets, the first sheet being a summary, the rest numbered from 001 to 100. I would like to control this from Access, even if it means running Excel VBA code from Access (which I do for the importing). I tried one example that ...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Secure the forms, reports and data from change
In the previous access programs I was able to disable users ability to change objects and data. I want to do the same in Access 2007, I only want users to add data, but not to change data that is already there and also not to let users go into the design of the forms. Is this still possible? Thanks you need to do these steps to achieve what you want: change you form "default View" to Single Form and change Data Entry from "NO" to "YES" all these changes are in in Form properties in tabs FORM and DATA in order user do not make "Desing View" option, ...

Data look up
Hi We are receiving data in a new format, where as before we would have one registration number which was a unique reference. This registration number now appears for each policy year. So we could have the same registration number several times on the downloads we receive. The registration Number is in the field txtRegNo And the policy year is in the field txtPolicyTNo How do I now look up the registration but also find the line of date with the correct registration number and the highest transaction number in the field txtPolicyTNo The code I us...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

POS Cashier Access Cards
I am interested in connecting with a company that can provide Point-of-Sale cashier access cards ... or, someone that can provide me with information about what I need to purchase (MSR Encoder); PVC cards; and software. Thank you. google Profit Point. I don't remember their web address but id cards are one of their products. I use them for customer loyalty cards and their service is excellent, and pricing is good. Craig "Luminox" <Luminox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7FFA8F-CD09-4AD9-970E-821F5399BE20@microsoft.com... >I am interested in con...

Lookup Data onto graph
I have a simple graph that collates data from a week. I have a formula in a cell for the weekly total that transfers minutes into hours. I.E 270/60 = 4.5. On the weekly total graph, I want the total number of hours from the cell to be displayed at the top next to the heading. So the heading would be; Total Number of Hours lost 4.5 Can I create a lookup cell on a graph that looks up this data. Many thanks in advance.... I will assume the chart is made and it has a title Change the formula in the cell to read something like: ="Total Number of Hours Lost " & TEXT(B3/60,"...

Access to Site
I have a new MOSS 2007 server up and running. I've created the first site. Users going to the site from a PC have no trouble with permissions to the site. Users comming from a Windows 2003 terminal server recieve a logon prompt. If they use their domain login, they get in. Why would comming in to the SharePoint site be different between a PC and a Terminal Server? Why aren't the user credentials being passed to the SharePoint site when coming from the Terminal Server? -- RDAVIDSON ------=_NextPart_0001_793EAFA5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit...

Refresh Data field...
We're using Outlook 2003 / Excel. The refresh data option (DATA / Refresh Data) use to work fine in my documents. All of a sudden the field is now greyed out, and thus can't be selected... Anyone know why? ....surely, someone knows something about this, no? "Ivan T. Williams" <itw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u%23DF1xZLGHA.964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We're using Outlook 2003 / Excel. The refresh data option (DATA / Refresh > Data) use to work fine in my documents. All of a sudden the field is now > greyed out, and thus can&...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Access 2003 Synchronization
I have timidly replicated my first database and I have two replicas. (Both the Design Master and the replicas are on a network drive.) I've successfully synchronized the DM and the replicas but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. Do I have to synch the DM with each replica, then synch the two replicas, or what? I'm afraid I'm not going to have all the data in each place. Thanks for any help. -- JFNGC If you have multiple replicas, you must sync all but the last one twice to have all databases match. Remember too, that you should only replicate the data (back-e...

Outlook 2007 Access 2007
I'm looking for suggestions on how to best integrate Outlook 2007 contacts with Access 2007 Contacts. Ideally I'm looking for a way to have a split Access database replicated and in sync with Outlook 2007 contact manager. Can outlook and access integrate closely? Please describe the architecture? Thanks in advance for your prompt help ...

pivot table add more data later
Hi Everyone, I have the excel sheet source which is every month biger. Each month I get a fresh data that needs to be pivoted in the same way. Each month though the amount of records increases, although the format stays the same, so: How do I tell to excel pivot to take the new data from the source? Thanks > How do I tell to excel pivot to take the new data from the source? Create a dynamic named range for the source data - instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Rgds, Andy ...

Data sorting question #2
Hi, I have the following data table: Date Category Number Jan08 A x Jul08 A x Dec08 A x Jan08 B x Jul08 B x Dec08 B x How can I convert this to the following table: Category Jan08 Jul08 Dec08 A x x x B x x x Thank you in advance, Schiz As long as you're returning numbers (not text), you could use a pivottable. If you want to read more about pivottables... Here are a few links: Debra Dalgleis...

Data to a simple paragraph.
Hello, I work in an office where I do a lot of data entry. I recently received a mess load of work to do where the data has to be calculated, processed and recorded into Excel and then has to be put into a paragraph form and recorded in a separate database. Unfortunately, for the amount of work it requires, it takes a lot of time. Is there a way that I can enter in the figures so that excel does the math for me and then places it in the text paragraph that I would use via 'Cut and Paste' for the alternate database? and if there is, what exactly am I looking for...? Is it a scri...

From Access 97 to XP
Dear Users, I would like to upgrade all Access 97 databases into Access XP. Could I install Access XP without uninstalling Access 97? If so, could I continue to use Access 97? Kind Regards Charles Yes. During the installation of Office XP, choose "Custom" installation. Make sure that the folder has a different name than the one where A97 is installed, and uncheck the box for "remove previous versions". This is the recommended approach. You need at least one computer where you can still use A97, because sometimes you find a database is partially corrupt when you tr...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Importing customer data
Hi I am trying to import new customers into RMS by means of a linked table in Access. I am having trouble as I keep getting errors that don't make sense (to me): If I use- Set recCustNew = db.OpenRecordset("dbo_Customer", dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges) recCustNew.AddNew -I get an 'Invalid Operation' error although exactly the same approach works for adding to the Order table. If I try to put the new records into an exact copy of Customer within my Access database and then use- db.Execute "INSERT INTO dbo_Customer SELECT * FROM CustomerCopy" I get a...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

Errors after Modifying Access 2000 db using Access 2003
I know this proplem has been posted and several solutions have been posted, but I cannot get any of them to work, and I'm at wits end. Someone in the company developed a db in Access 2000 that is extremely useful, but after years of using, I've thought of a few ways to improve upon it (via Access 2003). I was finally able to update the Forms, Macros, and Modules, and get the db working as I wanted. However, after I closed the db and re-opened it for its final testing, I got the dreaded "Module Not Found" error when I clicked on one of the command buttons. I feel l...

OWA Access Log
Is there a way we can log all the logon/logout activity for OWA by username or IP address? Thanks. On Mon, 15 May 2006 09:47:01 -0700, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way we can log all the logon/logout activity for OWA by username >or IP address? > >Thanks. IIS and event logs. Thank you. I was thinking of some thrid party GUI based tool. "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Mon, 15 May 2006 09:47:01 -0700, WILDPACKET > <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >Is there a way we can log all...

Excel ? how to get data points to be crosses
In MS excel the plotted data point options are triangles, squares and circles, all solid. How do I creatt them in just outline and how do I represent data points by crosses rather than those other shapes? Double click on a series of points, and click on the Patterns tab. You can choose any of the marker styles, including a cross, from the dropdown. To get an outline of the shape, select None for the background color of the marker. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ STEJHA wrote: > I...

Failed move data for ISV Config
I have seen this issue on the MS Knowledgebase and on the newsgroup, but my problem seems a bit different. I did a fresh install of my laptop along with the CRM 4 Outlook client. When I try to go offline, I get "Failed to move data for entity 'ISV Config' during action Insert, countRows=1." I have seen similar issues posted with specific entities noted - but the ISV Config seems different from what I have been reading. I followed the KB article, but still the same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks - JM ...

XML in Access 2003: IXMLDOMNode
Hi all, I ran the attached volcanoes.xml (with geology.dtd) in the Module of Access 2003. I got the following error: Microsoft Office Access You have error Invalid Character in content model. |OK| Please help and advise me what is wrong in my source code and how to correct the problem. Thanks in advance, SHC ////---volcanoes.xml---//// <?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE geology SYSTEM "geology.dtd"> <!-- Volcano data --> <geol...