how to put up 5 PCs with Windows XP and 7?

Hi, I have 3 PCs with Windows XP and 2 windows pc 7. I find it difficult to
network to share folders between them. How can I network? thanks ...

0
andy
6/6/2010 2:18:07 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What is Office 10.1.7 vs. Update 11.2.5?
I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this morning and the following blurb shows up this evening on MacFixIt. I am really confused? Maybe the MacFixIt blurb is regarding an older version of Office? aRKay -------------------- Title: Office v.X 10.1.7 released: Security refinements Date: Tuesday, July 11 2006 @ 06:00 PM PDT Read the full article at http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060711190159860 -------------------- In article <REMOVEarkay-0036AF.20521112072006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>, aRKay <REMOVEarkay@qsl.net> wrote: > I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this mor...

Windows Mail
UNABLE TO SEND E-MAILS You haven't given us much to go on. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "John Machin" <jgmac120@embarqmail.com> wrote in message = news:%23O0SNXdeKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > UNABLE TO SEND E-MAILS ...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

Dragging Email Messages In Windows Folders
Hi, Some time back I used to manage my emails in windows folders by selecting them all, dragging them from outlook (inbox) to a windows folder. I had emails with similiar subjects. So the Email files (in message format) were created by outlook like filename = subject of message + autogenerated number (in case of multiple messages with same subject) Now after this new installation. When i repeat the same procedure... Windows gives error "This folder already contains a file named "subject of message" Would you like to replace the existing file with another one? So the list of ...

restoring Exchange 5.5 mail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C43DAD.2CDE01C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SEC request to restore mail from a user who used to work for us = two years ago. I have the backup tape for the period in question. My = question is where do I restore the data to? The backup tape is of an = Exchange 5.5 mail server. I have since migrated to Active Directory and = Exchange 2003. What is the best way to restore this user's mailbox in order to recover = a PST file? ------...

moving mailboxes between 5.5 and 2003
After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 server it takes about 20-40 minutes for the client to be able to use the mailbox. OWA, Outlook and POP clients error out during this time but eventually everything works. Both servers are in the same site and org - is this normal? I am not sure how long it usually takes but the best way to do it is move mailboxes during none business hours. "Juraj Lisiak" <juraj@juraj.com> wrote in message news:ufSv2mTPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > After I succesfully move a mailbox from a 5.5 server to a 2003 se...

my error or Windows Mail bug?
I'm running Windows Mail on Vista Ultimate SP2 and have no explanation for Windows Mail's behaviour: - I have three email addresses, all at the same provider. - I had in my Windows Mail (not Live Mail) installed two rules for incoming mails, where the first one deletes mails directly on the server for a list of twelve sender names, and the second one moves mails from a specified sender into a specified folder. - I noticed that a client's mail to one of my addresses didn't receive me. Then he sent a mail to each of my three addresses, and only two received me....

Exchange 5.5 (latest SP and hotfixes) and Outlook 2k and 2003 Send/Receive Issue
I am running Exchange 5.5 Standard with latest of everything. My clients are running either 2k or 2003, most being 2k. I have an issue with all clients when sending receiving e-mail. Mail is no longer instantly sent or received. Mail sent stays in the Outbox until I change folders or click on a different e-mail message. Same way with receiving mail. People will have Outlook open and sitting in Inbox. If they don't move around no messages come in. But the moment they select a new folder/e-mail, etc. a slew of messages come in. What is the problem and how do I correct? Thank you. ...

Print Preview #5
MFC preview has 3 states ZOOM_OUT , ZOOM_MIDDLE and ZOOM_OUT. Which one is 100% preview? What are the percentage scaling for each of the states? ...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Stop Windows Service
Hi, What is the normal way to stop a servie from within the servie itself ?? BR Peter Peter Larsen [CPH] wrote: > Hi, > > What is the normal way to stop a servie from within the servie itself ?? > <http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Windows+service+shutdown+programically&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Windows+service+shutdown+programically&gs_rfai=C6ZxLawwaTJ2TB5G2zQTCoKWfAwAAAKoEBU_QI6Z8&fp=652ba8543c4f91ab> On 17-06-2010 05:06, Peter Larsen [CPH] wrote: > What is the normal way to stop a servie fro...

Lost microsoft office during windows 7 install.
I have upgraded my laptop from vista to 7. Before I upgraded I reset my computer back to its factory settings. When I completed my installation of 7 microsoft office was no longer on the laptop. The version of microsoft office that I had was installed when I originally purchased the laptop and I do not have the disks. I did write down the activiation key that is displayed during start up. Can I recover/download microsoft office and use the activiation key I have? You will need to contact the original vendor that supplied office and see if they can give you a replacement. &q...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

Host another AD domain's email on Exchange 5.5/2003
Problem: I need to host the email for a small subsidiary who is in their own AD forest and currently using a hosted email service that will be going away mid-next year. I currently use Exchange 5.5 in my domain and I feel confident that I can setup them up with a domain-trust and host their email on my Exchange box. However I am also going to be migrating to Exchange 2003 next year. Questions: Can I go ahead and set this up, or (as I'm suspecting) would it be better to hold off on setting this up until after completing the Exchange 2003 migration? Thanks, Kumbi "Kumbi" &...

Windows Live Messenger.
Hi, I have a problem with windows live messenger plus! when i open the program, and i want to open another window it wont let me open it unless i either close windows live or minimize it. It doesnt send me any errors it just stays on on messenger. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happened. What should i do? Greetings Mary, I'm a bit confused, but do you mean you're just trying to start another Messenger instance (to log into another account)? Assuming yes, it could be that you've just not turned on this feature in Plus! To do so...

Replaced motherboard due to hardware failure, it's not identical. Repair installation of Windows XP completed but now stuck in Logon-Activation loop.
Dear Group, An ASUS motherboard failed in a Win XP Pro pc belonging to a friend of mine, so I have replace it for her. Asus no longer make this mobo, it's not available so I bought a board from ASrock with the same socket, however the ASUS board had NVidia chipset while the ASRock uses AMD chipset. It's socket 939 and these are hard to come by now. Windows XP repair installation has been completed, it starts normally and offers logon to the pc or the domain controller. I select the pc and after a couple of seconds a Windows Product Activation message appears: "...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

Migrating exchange 5.5 onto a new server
Hi Guys, We are trying to migrate an exchange 5.5 server onto a new server. We tried doing a complete backup of exhange 5.5, decommisioning the old server, joining the new serverto the domain as DC, and restoring the information store etc from the backup tapes. However it gets to about 3Gb (out of 11Gb) and says it needs to reboot. Once rebooting, the exchange doesn;t start, it gets totally locked up. Can't stop or start any services. What the easiest wasy to move an exchange 5.5 installayion onto a new server? Setup the new server, with a different name, and migrate the mailboxes onto ...

Office '07 window appearance
Can the appearance (menu bars, active & inactive windows, fonts, borders, etc.) of office '07 windows be customized, other than the blue, silver and black themes? Not using anything built into Office 2007. Office 2010 will have an interface for customizing the ribbon, but it does not extend to theme elements. Someone into RibbonX might be able to advise about whether it's possible using RibbonX. Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Strictly cosmetic" <Strictly cosm...

Send as group in Exchange 5.5
I have a customer that had groups set up where the "From" field shows the group address when one of the members sends an e-mail. For example, they have a group of users called "Exec Admin." When one of the members sends a message, the message displays that it's from the "Exec Admin" group. Can anyone tell me how this is set up? The administrator made a change to one of the users and this no longer works for the whole group. I need to go and help them troubleshoot, but I'm not even sure how this is configured. Thanks! Give them Send As permissi...

Excel 97 and Excel XP file
I am trying to open the workbook of an Excel XP file in Excel 97 but get the following message: "Project unviewable in Excel 97" "pcw" wrote > I am trying to open the workbook of an Excel XP file > in Excel 97 but get the following message: > > "Project unviewable in Excel 97" That makes sense. When they released Excel 97 they'd never even heard of Excel XP. You can be backward compatible but it's pretty hard to be forward compatible. Jordon Is it possible to then to save my Excel XP file in a lower version, for example, Excel 97/97...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Opening different Excel files in new windows
How can I make Excel open different files in completely new windows? Thats how it was working sometime back. Somehow, now everytime I open a new file, it opens in the same Excel window. Is there some setting in Options/Tools that would allow me to do this? Open the first file normally. For a second window open anothe application then the file. : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just a guess here. I had a similar problem when starting to use Windows XP. XP 'helpfully' lumped all my excel session under one taskbar list. To change it I had to adjust the setting in X...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...