How to hide form from grid 2 to 4

I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different
portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section,
Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.:
on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4.

Any help, tip or comment is greatly appreciated,
Adnan

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi Adnan,

Adnan wrote:
> I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different
> portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section,
> Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.:
> on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4.
Why do you hide sections of your form dynamically? Can you explain your
needs for that?

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
2/6/2008 12:12:41 PM
When you open My Documents folder in Windows XP, you know the way the left
side pane looks like, the one that when you click collapses and then expands
with tools. This is exactly what I am trying to do in a form. Have a menu
with command buttons (the same as the left task pane in My Documents folder)
on the left side, and then view forms, reports, etc from there. Now, my
question is, how to collapse/expands these three groups. I was hoping there
is a way to hide grid, say from grid 2 to 4, which would then hide the group
etc...

Here’s a sample of My Docs folder with left task pane….
http://www.meistermed.com/images/tutorial/isilo_folder_in_my_documents.jpg

Thank you,
Adnan

"Stefan Hoffmann" wrote:

> hi Adnan,
>
> Adnan wrote:
> > I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different
> > portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section,
> > Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.:
> > on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4.
> Why do you hide sections of your form dynamically? Can you explain your
> needs for that?
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--

hi Adnan,

Adnan wrote:
> When you open My Documents folder in Windows XP, you know the way the left
> side pane looks like, the one that when you click collapses and then expands
> with tools.
Ah, okay. This is not that easy. Consider this layout:

/-----------------------\
| section: Header       |
*-----------------------*
| section: Detail       |
| /--------\ /--------\ |
| | Pane 1 | | Pane 2 | |
| \--------/ \--------/ |
|                       |
*-----------------------*
| section: Footer       |
\-----------------------/

You may implement Pane 1 and 2 as subforms and use [Pane 1].Visible =
False to hide the left pane.
But you have to resize Pane 2 manually, e.g.

   Private Sub HidePane1()

     Pane1.Visible = False
     Pane2.Left = Pane1.Left
     Pane2.Width = Pane2.Width + Pane2.Left - Pane1.Left

   End Sub

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
2/6/2008 12:59:50 PM
You'll need to identify the controls within the "grids" you want to hide and
hide or reveal them individually.

<air code>
Select Case
Case HideGroupONE
   Me.Control1.Visible = False
   Me.Control2.Visible = False
   Me.Control3.Visible = False
Case HideGroupTWO
   Me.Control4.Visible = False
   Me.Control5.Visible = False
   Me.Control6.Visible = False
End Select
</air code>

There are other techniques you can employ, but they will all involve
managing each control in a "grid"

George

0
George
2/6/2008 3:45:49 PM
Stefan/George,

Thanks for your response, the code works but is still not what I am looking
for, this code hides the controls but does not shift the other controls
up/down as needed as it shows on 'My Documents' folder left pane.

"George" wrote:

> You'll need to identify the controls within the "grids" you want to hide and
> hide or reveal them individually.
>
> <air code>
> Select Case
> Case HideGroupONE
>    Me.Control1.Visible = False
>    Me.Control2.Visible = False
>    Me.Control3.Visible = False
> Case HideGroupTWO
>    Me.Control4.Visible = False
>    Me.Control5.Visible = False
>    Me.Control6.Visible = False
> End Select
> </air code>
>
> There are other techniques you can employ, but they will all involve
> managing each control in a "grid"
>
> George

hi Adnan,

Adnan wrote:
> Thanks for your response, the code works but is still not what I am looking
> for, this code hides the controls but does not shift the other controls
> up/down as needed as it shows on 'My Documents' folder left pane.
My code gives you an example of how to do it. Where's the problem?

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
2/8/2008 9:16:35 AM
Stefan,

I am using a tree view method instead.

You code is fine but then I have to have another code to shift the other
panes (up/down), etc… so I figured I use tree view.

Again, I do appreciate your time and help!
Adnan

"Stefan Hoffmann" wrote:

> hi Adnan,
>
> Adnan wrote:
> > Thanks for your response, the code works but is still not what I am looking
> > for, this code hides the controls but does not shift the other controls
> > up/down as needed as it shows on 'My Documents' folder left pane.
> My code gives you an example of how to do it. Where's the problem?
>
> mfG
> --> stefan <--

Iterating through a forms collection and setting variables for nodes
Hi, I have an html form (created by transforming an xml doc with an xsl stylesheet and sent as html within an asp.net page. The doc is a set of user instructions steps. For each of the elements that allow user input (<measurement> and <data_collection>, for example, my xsl turns that into an <input type=text name="the unique name attribute defined in the base xml doc" box in the html form (I would post it, but it's really quite large). The only "changes" the user is allowed to make are via these text boxes. When the user is done, they click a Submit bu...

Checkbox control and forms
I have a database with a few different tables but each table is pretty much the same. The tables have a set of tasks in the cells in Column A (a daily routine to be completed). All other columns in cell 1 have a number 1-31 for each day of the month. I'm trying to create a windows application (I'm using Visual Studio) that as soon as it comes up asks for the users initials, then goes to the main form with a list of tasks that comes from one of the tables (I guess I'll connect using datagrid view for the rows?), beside each task there will be a check box and when the user ...

setting an assumption #2
What is an assumption and how do i set an assumption? I'm taking an excel course in school and i just wanted some clearafication on assumptions. Thank you in advance for any help. First it is unwise to assume that your first post failed. Secondly, please give some example of what you are looking for ? I am not going to make any assumptions yet. Steve On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:36:01 -0000, beth <beth@discussions.microsoft.com= > = wrote: > What is an assumption and how do i set an assumption? I'm taking an ex= cel > course in school and i just wanted some clearaficatio...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Query by Form-TJ
I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on a form using Access 2000 I need to bring back the appropriate records in a subform. On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:08:01 -0700, ambushsinger <ambushsinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Query by Form can't do that. It can only select records in the current form view. After that, you can potentially open a new form with that subset of records in a subform. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on >a form using Access 200...

Hiding formuals in cells question

input data ina pop up form then display onto mai form
Hi I have a subform with transactions on, and can input data directly onto the subform such as the transaction date and amount. I was wandering how you can create a pop up form where you enter the data for the transaction date and amount and automatically displays the information onto the subform. I know how to create the pop up form with the neccessary fields, but i'm not sure how you make the inputted data display on the subform. Thanks in Advance Dosima ...

unknown error #2
I've had several reported cases on an error response of "unknown error" when trying to delete a e-mail. This error is received when trying to delete from Outlook 2000 or web outlook. I use an exchange 2000 server. Any clue? ...

Access Note table in date order, when go to note form, dates are n
Help, I have checked everything and can't find the solution. I have a database that has date visited on the form. I want the last date visited displayed at bottom of form, and prior visits in order above. Anyhow, when I run the note table everything is in proper date order, however, when I put the notes in the note table, and look at it from there, they are NOT in date order. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will still be checking things, but I think I need some help on this quirky one. Thanks. -- Rachel Rollins Access stores records like a barrel of bricks, no...

2 Personal Folders #2
I have 2 personal folders Why? How do I get rid of one of them. Mark Right click->close. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, microsoft asked: | I have 2 personal folders | Why? | How do I get rid of one of them. | Mark It is grayed out. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:eGCBHkLtEHA.1452@TK2M...

Exch2003 and custom Outlook forms
I have a user who created several forms in their Outlook (Office 2003). Now, they want to share these forms. I need to move the forms into Exchange 2003, running on SBS 2003. Manually copying the forms to a public folder appears to only transfer data, so my question is this: What is the best method for publishing a form from Outlook 2003 into Exchange 2003 Public web folders? Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formpub.htm -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were...

Using Chart in a Form
Hi, I am trying to put a chart in a form. I use the chart wizard and answer all the questions. While i'm doing this i press on the prview key to see what my output will look like and it looks correct. When i press the finish key i get a chart in my form but it is the wrong one. I get a what seems like a sample chart displaying sales for 3 regions by quarter. No mater what i do, this is the chart the appears. I expect the chart will display correctly in the form view. If you want the design view to look correct, you should open the Row Source in datasheet view and co...

Need Help with a Formula #4
I am new to excel. Trying to set up a formula for the following 2 examples 1. Semi Annual payments of $440,000 for 20 years, or 8Million dollars now, what is the interest rate that was used to arrive at the 8 million dollars 2. Semi annual payments of $440,000 for 20 years, an interest rate of 7%, how much should the payment be in a lump sum today? Thank you for your help, if you could provide me the formula so that I can play around with various amounts or interest rates that would be helpful. =RATE(40,-440000,0,8000000)*2 = -9.3945% =PV(0.07/2,40,440000) = ($9,396,231.83...

hide my name

Forms issues
This form has five sections (all on a tab control) 1. materials 2. up 3. down and 4. take up and 5. properties. Each of these sections have parameters associated within the tab.. Section 1 is special because each of the following sections depend and the results yeilded depend on the formulation of materials in section 1. By the way each Formula is composed of maybe 3 different ingrediants at different amounts. So for example A under section 1 could be materials x, y, z at 3g 4g 5g. Section 2 will than keep A and do many trials tweeking one or two processes, if okay Section three will build...

customization form dialog
I need custom the "close opportunity form dialog", this form is visible when you close an opportunity. But i don't found it. somebody, please tell me where i found this form?, or is possible change that? Hi, Miguel, Are you referring to the form that opens if you open an opportunity, click Actions at the top of that form, and then click Close Opportunity? You cannot customize the Close Opportunity (opportunityclose) entity. You can find this entity by doing the following: In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Customize Entities. A lis...

Runtime Error #2
When trying to open Money I receive the following error: Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY\SYSTEM\MSMONEY.EXE Abnormal Program termination. I have removed money and reinstalled it and it still won't work. Any ideas?? Version? Have you tried opening the sample file--in Windows Explorer go to the Money directory and double-click on the sample data file? "Jen Hughes" <mikejennhugjr@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0e2501c38cd2$2d4c6cf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to open Money I receive the following error: > Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONE...

Grid lines in Tasks printout?
How do I darken or change the color of them? ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

enter key behavior on a form
what property setting activates the next text box when hitting the enter key? right now hitting the enter key submits the form. i only want the enter key to submit the form when the command button is highlited --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Zygoid, It's the TabIndex property of the control. Set them in ascending order. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Zygoid >" <<Zygoid.113pks@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Zygoid.113pks@ex...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Account Payments #2
I need to know what report shows payments made at the POS towards an account balance? I cant seem to find it. I've looked at the Accounts Receivable Detailed Report but it shows no payments, just the balance. Thank you in advance. I have the exact same question. I am trying to find a report that will show me which invoices a particular payment was used for. Should be able to do this somehow. "Phil V" wrote: > I need to know what report shows payments made at the POS towards an account > balance? I cant seem to find it. I've looked at the Accounts Receivable &...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

chart on the form
Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? I would like to have Excel chart like bare, pie, line chart on the form base on the data in the table. Is it possible to do this? If yes, any controls or activeX controls available for Access? Your information is great appreciated, Use Pivot Chart view and select pivot chart on form properties. Damon "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40472F3E-CA90-4D7A-9FBB-75F89078CBD5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? > > I would like to have Excel chart like...