How to email attached files

I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within
access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files.

I am unable to send extra files with the  DoCmd.SendObject function.

Those somebody have a suggestion.

Thank you
--
Eric
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

Have a look at this

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/809c6cba6d0e7caf/445aa650bc1c610c?q=access+sendobject+wayne+group:microsoft.public.access

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"ericb" <eric@b.com> a écrit dans le message de
>I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within
> access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files.
>
> I am unable to send extra files with the  DoCmd.SendObject function.
>
> Those somebody have a suggestion.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Eric

0
bekkai
4/6/2010 5:38:45 PM
On 6 Apr., 15:41, ericb <e...@b.com> wrote:
> I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within
> access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files.
>
> I am unable to send extra files with the =A0DoCmd.SendObject function.
Yes, sendObject cannot do that.
Automation is the way, here how to do this (third and fourth
message).
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=3D1041461&page=3D5

You notice that you can execute several
..Attachments.Add "c:\something.txt"
inside a loop, one for every attachment.
If you write
..Send
instead of
..Display
it sends the mail directly.

Greetings
Marco P

0
Marco

distribution group emails don't reach all recipients
Exchange 2000 - single Win2K server, single 2k3 domain. We've just noticed an odd problem - certain internal emails sent to distribution groups fail to reach some of the intended recipients in those groups. Is this a known problem? What could be the cause? Thank you. Always related to DC/GC replication issue. If the GC which DL Expansion server talks to does not contain the user's information, then the mail could not be delivered. ...

Additional file with no extension created during File Save As proc
Good morning all! I originally posted this query on the Developer board, as I thought it was a problem with my code, but now I'm not so sure. I have a workbook with a macro that runs a Save As within a loop, to create test data files. I was finding that for every new file I created, and additional file with a filename comprisiong eight alphanumeric characters and no file extenson was created in the same folder. Thinking that the workbook might be corrupted, I created a new workbook (with NO copying/pasting from the original - everything types in from scratch) , created new code m...

How to deactivate CRM Tags in emails subject line ("CRM 01564000)
Hello, Whenever I send an email, my clients receive an email with a tag at the end of the subject line like CRM: 000452600 . This is really unprofessional and I want to remove it . Do you know how to do that ? Thanks That is for email tracking, if you disable it, the email will not tracking in CRM. -- Jim Wang Business Solutions Engineer MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional United Kingdom "Raphael B" wrote: > Hello, > > Whenever I send an email, my clients receive an email with a tag at the end > of the subject line like CRM: 000452600 . This is real...

Emails based on Activites (Workflow)
I would like to setup a simple workflow rule that sends an email to the user when an activity is assigned to them, from another user. Also when an activity is completed I would like for it to automatically send an email to the original user who created the activity. I have not been successful at doing this. Any one that has any information on this, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated -- Thank you in advance In v1.x, workflow events don't fire for activities. This will be supported in the next version though. If you need to do this today, check out the post-callo...

Converting money file #2
I have installed GnuCash. Can I use Microsoft Money data with it? Ask GnuCash? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "abc" <abc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B649AC52-FEDE-4B71-8E69-23299B71BB89@microsoft.com... >I have installed GnuCash. Can I use Microsoft Money data with it? GnuCash imports QIF. Money exports QIF. Assuming GnuCash does sane things with the iimports, that'd be better than nothi...

Access to attachments
I am posting this again out of desperation, Help! I have recently upgraded (sic)to Outlook 2003 and find I can no longer open my own documents (Word etc)contained in an e-mail - getting the message 'Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges'. I have no special ecurity settings (in Outlook or Word), help appreciated. Thanks, Graham If you save the attachment to your hard drive can you then open it? "Graham Roberts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3b7e1$ed96e640$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am posti...

truncated email in Outlook2000
A couple of my users have some of their emails received truncated. Others receiving the same email do not have this problem. They are all using Win98, some se,with 256MB RAM on PIII. Those who receive the email in full content tried to do a forward to the affected user, but the same thing happens. At first I thought it was because the user has large pst files but removing it didn't help. I have searched MS support and technet support but couldn't find any solution to this. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Alicia Hi Alicia, Does the mail that is being truncated a...

Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double clicking the file with Excel closed. Is there a fix for this? Wowbagger wrote: > Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am > finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) f...

Tutorial On Using Windows Vista Compressed Files Capabilities
Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files Capabilities? I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files. I am not interested in third party software. Thank you Eddy. Very simple - Right click the file ( or Files ) and from the context menu place your pointer over "Send To". From the secondary menu choose "Compressed (Zipped) File". "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E75733F-4757-4253-9277-BC15273789C7@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a link or tutorial on usi...

Importing Excel file without server access
I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel file. My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way, through automation, that I can then import the file from ...

Attachments arrive renamed to ATT####.###
As of recently the email attachments I receive (some, not all) arrive renamed to either: 1. ATT#####.### or 2. <original name>.DAT It seems this happens with JPG, DOC and EXE files. I am able to open them with the relevant program, and there seems otherwise nothing wrong with these files. These renamed attachments come from known senders who know nothing about why this is happening. And they arrive from more than one ISP, even more than one country. I asked a friend sending one such attachment to send it to my 4 different emails (with 4 different ISPs), and they all arrived equa...

Is it really possible to just send an email?
I am one of those people who dreads coming back to Outlook. Here is the reason why. All I want to do is send one email that resides with nine others in my outbox. I have spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to send one stupidly simple email. I have just completed writing 30 pages of code for a website but I can't send one email with Outlook. Can somebody please put me out of my misery and tell me how to do it or what is this program supposed to be used for. "cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DD5E6E6-B45A-46AA-BF39-9A77B...

Problem opening office xp excel files
Hi all, I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run bu it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goe away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help? This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked then uncheck it. -- Regards Ken..........................

Excel Image not displayed when the physical file is N/A
Hello there, I'm having a problem on images that's generated from excel. I'm using the url method to generate the excel file and I'm aware that the images are stored in a physical location and the images won't be able to be displayed if the physical file is not available. I'm able to display the images out when the excel report is generated; however, when we save it as the default xls extension file, and open it in another location, the images are not displayed, as only the physical file path is being stored in the excel file. I've tested it on a c...

Make ZIP files from ASP.NET with VB
Hi somebody have an example or an idea to how to make ZIP files from a folder? Thanks a lot On 9/17/2010 2:14 PM, Marcos G. wrote: > Hi somebody have an example or an idea to how to make ZIP files from a > folder? > > Thanks a lot <http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=zip+libaries+for+net&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq=zip+libaries+for+net&gs_rfai=CsSyRB82TTOGbJJG6hASEv7n2CwAAAKoEBU_QB9Oo&psj=1&fp=207a1c3c62b92b94> Have a look on codeplex (http://www.codeplex.com) - there are severa...

Attachments error
Can anyone help me out here, when I'm trying to send an excel worksheet as an attachment, I get a Windows XP error dialog informing me that one or more attachments couldn't be opened due to beiong out of memory and suggests I close any open applications. However the only applications open is Excel.?!?!? HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! thanks one and all. Matt Manchester England. ...

outlook freezes attaching files
Outlook freezes when users try to attach files stored on a network drive. Only some users have this problem, if I do the same with a different login it work just fine. Any ideas.....?? ...

Purchase Orders
Does anybody know of any RMS Add-On where you can Create a Purchase Order by importing an item list from a CSV text file? We have a customer that gets an excel spreadsheet from their supplier of all the items that they should be receiving via UPS. The customer doesnt know before hand what they will be receiving until they get the excel spreadsheet. Any Ideas? I'm new to RMS, so forgive me if this info is slightly inaccurate, try it out first. If you create a blank P.O for adding item manually, on the screen where you enter your items, right click, and import. Then you choose you...

.PAB file
I have a .PAB file, but would like to tranfer contact details to the .PST file. I have Windows XP Pro + Office 2000. Jay <nospam> wrote: > I have a .PAB file, but would like to tranfer contact details to the > .PST file. Outlook's Import function should allow it. -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian, I will try that. Out of curiosity, for which version of Office did the .PAB file stop being necessary? I gather that it is no longer needed. Jay "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8X$OSqIHHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... Jay <n...

Save multiple attachments
I use OL2007 and I often receieve mails with multiple attachements. Under the Save as option there have been a choice to save attached files but this option is gone. How do I reinstall it. Kindly Mariah it's now under Other Actions. "MN" wrote: > I use OL2007 and I often receieve mails with multiple attachements. > Under the Save as option there have been a choice to save attached files > but this option is gone. How do I reinstall it. > > Kindly > > Mariah Can you guide me? "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Excel temp files in network dir
I have users that are accessing a network shares to their excel files. I often see files that are 8 characters long Ex(D8710B20) and without extensions, left over in their dir. I have read MS article 814068 and understand that these are created during the save function; however, i have ruled out permissions and antivirus as the cause. These files consume a lot of network space. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated. Delete them? "les" <les.becker@ifcosystems.com> wrote in message news:242501c37332$34e6b600$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I have users that are accessing...

Discussion of Money Plus (M08) feature: Link to Image or File
The ability to associate a scanned receipt, photo, or other document to a transaction has been frequently requested. Money Plus (M08) adds a feature that allows a link to such a document. There are articles about this in Help. Enter "link" into the search box of Help to see a list of articles. In Advanced register, you can do the linking in a credit card, bank, asset, liability, savings, checking account, as well as the Cash Transactions register of an Investment account. The only transactions that I have found that you cannot link from are a loan account and the Investment Trans...

Denied file access
When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message that says, There is a problem with your Windows security settings. I use Windows 98 and Money 2000. ...

How do I rename a file extension.
If I try to do this the file ends up with a name such as: File.exe.sub. The normal extensions are hidden from view, but is there some window that will allow a rename of the extension? Please help, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:ePiOV3GfKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > If I try to do this the file ends up with a name such as: > File.exe.sub. > > The normal extensions are hidden from view, but is there some window that > will allow a rename of the extension? > > > Please help, Frank > ...

CRM email router requires Outlook Express components...
Hi, Just thought I'd pass on our success story with CRM-Exchange integration. We've been experiencing nothing but headaches with the Exchange Router configuration in the past week. We were not able to send emails from CRM and/or Web interface. What we had determine was that Outlook Express needs to be installed on the CRM servers. We are running CRM 3.0 on 2003 servers. However, by default, our servers are setup without Outlook Express components. Tons and tons of logs were passed back and forth to Microsoft BS. We decided to test by installing OE components and this finally reso...