HOW TO DO -INPUT FORM WHERE DROP DOWN LISTS OPEN OTHER LISTS TO SE

Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch can
start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they must
select.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

An example is at:

http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip

It uses listboxes but the code is the same.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch
> can
> start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they must
> select.

0
Arvin
11/29/2007 3:08:15 AM
There's an error in that database, can you tell me how to fix the error since
i'm using it for a template. the error is in "qryProducts" when you run it.

thank you.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> An example is at:
>
> http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip
>
> It uses listboxes but the code is the same.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch
> > can
> > start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they must
> > select.

There are no errors. 2 of the 3 queries do expect that the form is open when
they are run. Since the form opens when the database opens, you should never
see the request for a parameter.
--

> There's an error in that database, can you tell me how to fix the error
> since
> i'm using it for a template. the error is in "qryProducts" when you run
> it.
>
> thank you.
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> An example is at:
>>
>> http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip
>>
>> It uses listboxes but the code is the same.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on,
>> > witch
>> > can
>> > start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they
>> > must
>> > select.

0
Arvin
11/30/2007 1:34:30 PM
oh ok sorrrrry, should have known.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> There are no errors. 2 of the 3 queries do expect that the form is open when
> they are run. Since the form opens when the database opens, you should never
> see the request for a parameter.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There's an error in that database, can you tell me how to fix the error
> > since
> > i'm using it for a template. the error is in "qryProducts" when you run
> > it.
> >
> > thank you.
> >
> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> An example is at:
> >>
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip
> >>
> >> It uses listboxes but the code is the same.
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>
> >> "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

copying projects list in classification 1 to projects list in business module
I have used MS Money Small Business since it came out but I'm "locked-out" of the invoicing features because my projects list is in Classification 1 (as suggested by Microsoft when Money first came out) rather than the dedicated projects list in the business module. Can these two databases be linked? Can the project number- names in Classification 1 be copied and pasted to the projects list in the business module? The latter was suggested by MS support in India but the edit functions cut/copy/paste are grayed-out in Classification 1 so this doesn't seem to be a viabl...

price list issue
Is there a way to manually enter the Price Per Unit when adding a new Opportunity Product? There is no set price for the product we are dealing with. Picking the product from a list is no problem, I just don't want the prices to be a set number. Right now the PPU is filled in based on quantity and the price that is entered in the product list. No.You cannot enter Amount for a rpoduct in the Opportunity stage but definitely during the Quote, Order stage, you can manually add the price for an existing or a new product. You'll have to get this customized if it is Important i...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Can i recall an entire list in an excel spreadsheet
Can i create a formula that will recall a list of data bound by a course number. For example if i have a book list which are separated by subject type can i recall this list by entering a single piece of data. What do you want to do with the entire list?, do you want to be able to select one or do you want to use it in a calculation? Luis Verdejo;575226 Wrote: > Can i create a formula that will recall a list of data bound by a course > number. For example if i have a book list which are separated by > subject > type can i recall this list by entering a single pi...

Account list showing incorrect balance
Hi Money 2004 std, Canadian version. When I view my account list in money, one of the accounts has an incorrect balance and is exactly $1000 out. When I click on the account in question the balance displays correctly and all transactions are present. How can I resolve this? TIA KIWI In microsoft.public.money, KIWI wrote: > >Money 2004 std, Canadian version. > >When I view my account list in money, one of the accounts has an incorrect >balance and is exactly $1000 out. When I click on the account in question >the balance displays correctly and all transactions a...

OAB & Members of distribution lists
Hi, if Exchange 2003 generates the Offline Address Book the Distribution lists are included. If I open a Distribution list in Outlook Adressbook I can't read the members of the list. Can I generate a OAB with the members of distribution list, I can't find some switches in the System Manager. Any ideas ? ...

Not getting album title list
I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has 'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news, can't downgrade. Help please ......

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Images in drop down list
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for help tryig to have very small images be the data in a drop down list. I basically would like to have these smalll images appear in the drop down list, and of course remain there and print as well. I've tried to trick excel with hyperlinks and even some Active X stuff but really don't know what I'm doing there... Does anyone know if it can be done ? and if so how ? Thanks a bunch ! -Bruno Hi Bruno AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brew Know wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I'm looking for help...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

List of Inbound Routes for Exchange 5.5 Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 Server that has almost 100 inbound routes. Is there anywhere that I can find the a list of all the routes (like the registry) and put them into a text file? Thanks Rance route print from the command line if I understand hte question... -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKyIG2g3EHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have an Exchange 5.5 Server that has almost 100 inbound routes. Is there > anywhere that I can f...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Send as distribution list in Exchange 2003
Our company would like to create a generic distribution list with a few members to receive external emails (E.g. info@testing.com). And when the DL member replies, the reply will be sent from info@testing.com instead of the user's own address. I've tried to grant various permissions on the DL to the members, including Full mailbox access. However the DL member cannot send from DL address. Outlook returned an undeliverable email said "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." Server: Exchange 2003 SP1 C...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

opening csv file in regular excel format
i am using office 2003. i used to download csv files and open in regular excel formats...due to some problem i reinstalled windows xp and office 2003...now my csv files open with all values separated by commas and not as before... sould anyone highlight how to download csv files automatically in excel formats withouts commas? suresh babu,chennai,india -- sureshbabussb If the data has commas between each field and you want each field in a separate column, you'll have to make sure that your windows list separator is a comma. (Many places, this list separator is a semicolon.) windows...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

how do i find and open a template i developed?

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

can not open excel file, too many different cell formats
can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message appears on my screen. the file contians about 85 work sheets Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Abdur wrote: > > can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message > appears on my screen. the ...