How to create Access macro shortcut

I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I would
like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
Access 97?  If so, how?
0
Ziggs
5/5/2007 7:56:02 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi.

> How do you set this up?

Select the macro in the Database Window and right click with your mouse,
then select "Create Shortcut..." in the pop-up menu.  Follow the prompts for
where to place the shortcut and what to name it.  The default is:
<PathToDeskTopDir>\Shortcut to <MacroName> in <DatabaseName>.MAM

> Can it be done in
> Access 97?

I haven't done it in a long time in Access 97, but as I recall, the steps
are identical.  In case you weren't aware, these Microsoft Access shortcuts
can be created for any of the objects listed in the Database Window, not
just macros.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

<Ziggs> wrote in message news:tvdo33pkuuvtovjfqa2vrtdj31pbmj0kuo@4ax.com...
> I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I would
> like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
> there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
> program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
> Access 97?  If so, how?

Access tables don't "launch" anything.

What is it you want to do.  Don't explain it in terms of something you
might have seen somehwnere else.  Explain what you want to do or to
cause to happen.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

<Ziggs> wrote in message
> I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I
would
> like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
> there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
> program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
> Access 97?  If so, how?

0
Larry
5/5/2007 12:58:08 PM
Hi, Larry.

> Access tables don't "launch" anything.

I don't know where you got the idea that someone has claimed this.

> What is it you want to do.  Don't explain it in terms of something you
> might have seen somehwnere else.

Ziggs perfectly described what he saw and wants, enabling me or anyone else
to give him instructions:  Double-click on the *.MAM shortcut and Access
opens the correct database and runs a specific macro in that database
application.  Ziggs wanted to know how to create the shortcut in Access 97,
if it were possible.  Fortunately, it is.

It doesn't get any better than that, my friend.  :-)

"Larry Daugherty" <Larry.NoSpam.Daugherty@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Access tables don't "launch" anything.
>
> What is it you want to do.  Don't explain it in terms of something you
> might have seen somehwnere else.  Explain what you want to do or to
> cause to happen.
>
> HTH
> --
> -Larry-
> --
>
> <Ziggs> wrote in message
>> I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I
> would
>> like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
>> there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
>> program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
>> Access 97?  If so, how?

create a roster

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

ms ACCESS 97 error 2645
The error occurs at: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CalcRate(frm As Form) Dim Mydb As Database, Myset As Recordset, Cd As String, Intrp As String Dim IRR As Currency, IAHR As Currency, ITR As Currency, Strcriteriaint As String Set Mydb = CurrentDb Set Myset = Mydb.OpenRecordset("LangRate", DB_OPEN_DYNASET) >>>>> Cd = frm.Lang_C <<<<<<<<< The exact error is : Run-Time Error 2465 Application-defined or object-defined error See whether using Cd = frm!Lang_C is any better. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

Access Denied error while edit some of the GPOs in Windows 2003 AD
Hi We are unable to edit some of the GPOs (Default Domain Policy, etc) and getting Access Denied error. We checked the permission of SYSVOL folder and found Administrators (Domain), System and Authenticated Users have full control share permissions. Full access has been provided to Administrators, creator owner & System and read & execute permission has been provided to Authenticated users in Security tab. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue and also any doc is available to check the correct permissions with SYSVOL. Thanks in advance for help Regards Lal -...

Accesing an Access Databse from Excel
Please, how can I access an Access database through ODBC from VBA. Where an I find the documentation needed. Best regards, Alexandru TUDOSE First, you don't necessarily need to use VBA to bring data into Excel from a database, whether from Access or another DBMS. Two easy ways are to use a pivot table (Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report, and specify External Data Source in the wizard's first step; then, follow the prompts), or Data | Import External Data | New Database Query. Some of these menu items will differ according to the version of Excel you're using. The pivot t...

How to create pie chart with %

Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?
Hello, Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it. Many thanks for any advice, Edward Mendelson Sub HardSpace() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160) End Sub Jerry Edward...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

How to access Excel forum through Outlook Express
How does one access the Microsoft Excel forum through Outlook Express. Tools>accounts>add>news, your name, email (most use a bogus email to protect from spammers), then in step 3 under servers use msnews.microsoft.com then finish when you close it will download the different newsgroups and there you can select the excel groups you want to subscribe to. Most people that I know who have used newsgroups for a long time dislike OE since it is (albeit easy to use) rather limited as a newsreader -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Kenny Dee" <Kenny...

Access unable to create an MDE

vbs for macro
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel worksheet on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Hi You will definitly have to elaborate on what you want to do! "ayeFayze" wrote: > i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i > can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on ...