How to bring 50 lines in Latin with 50 in English L1 under E1

I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book one is in Latin and one is in
English.
Each translation has many lines each line has a number.
How can I insert line nr.1 in English after line nr 1 in Latin,
without using the Clipboard.It only holds 12 lines and I have to copy each
one separately and paste it one by one.
Does anyone know of a quicker way?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?U3BlZWR5IEdvbnphbGVzJyB5b3VuZyBjb3VzaW4=?= <Speedy
Gonzales' young cousin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book one is in Latin and
> one is in English.
> Each translation has many lines each line has a number.
> How can I insert line nr.1 in English after line nr 1 in Latin,
> without using the Clipboard.It only holds 12 lines and I have to
> copy each one separately and paste it one by one.
> Does anyone know of a quicker way?

import the latin text all at once into a table that has 3 columns,
Language (integer), lineno (long integer), linetext (text length as
required).Then make a query
UPDATE table (language) VALUES (1);.

Import the English into the same table.  UPDATE table (language)
VALUES (2) WHERE language is null;

Now make a query
SELECT linetext from table ORDER BY LineNo, Language;

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob
10/22/2007 11:55:10 PM
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:17:01 -0700, Speedy Gonzales' young  wrote:

> I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book one is in Latin and one is in
> English.
> Each translation has many lines each line has a number.
> How can I insert line nr.1 in English after line nr 1 in Latin,
> without using the Clipboard.It only holds 12 lines and I have to copy each
> one separately and paste it one by one.
> Does anyone know of a quicker way?

I would suspect you are using Microsoft Word.

You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup.
The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database
program.
Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you
are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version
number in the message.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

 > I would suspect you are using Microsoft Word.

I suspect you are correct, Fred.  But I really, really like Bob's Access
solution to the problem, so I'm willing to not correct the person.  After
all, how do I know they are NOT using Access? They were posting to an Access
newsgroup, after all.

0
Larry
10/23/2007 1:22:20 AM
On Oct 22, 9:22 pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> "fredg" <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote
>
>  > I would suspect you are using Microsoft Word.
>
> I suspect you are correct, Fred.  But I really, really like Bob's Access
> solution to the problem, so I'm willing to not correct the person.  After
> all, how do I know they are NOT using Access? They were posting to an Access
> newsgroup, after all.

And the resultant querry can be exported back to Word... :-)

0
rquintal

What's the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward?
When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone explain? Big Marta <Big Marta@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the > difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone > explain? If you have ten objects, in numerical order, front to back: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Bring to front on object 5 will reorder them 5 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring forward will reorder them 1 2 3 5 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring for...

Weight per line item
Hi! My client needs to trackthe weight of each line item (which varies depending on UOM) on the Sales Trx Entry window. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? Any third party apps? Freight Matrix shows a running total of the order weight but I need to see the weight for each line item also. Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, It should be fairly easy to display the weight per line using VBA, both in the form and the report, assuming that we can take the unit weight * uom conversion factor. When you say weight varies by UOM, is that different from base unit weight * uom conve...

Printing a single line item in SOP
I have a SO that is linked to a PO. 2 line items. Customer wants 2 different invoices, 1 each for line items. Can I print a single line item in the SOP module? ...

Weight loss line chart to monitor weight loss progress
Does anyone know how I can set up a database to log my weight loss and then create a line chart based on that information so I can see how well i'm doing?? 12 and a half pound so far in 6 weeks....i'm so pleased and would like to see it in the form of a graph... Please help You could look at it in terms of % loss or BMI. or actual loss. It's up to you. What do need to know? "S Fox" <S Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98DCE8CD-2FF0-4C15-8376-5D34E278524A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can set up a database to log my weigh...

How do I make multiple line width changes for a spagetti plot?
How do I make multiple line width changes for a spagetti plots? I can go into each line and change the weight individually, by right clicking "Format Data Series" and under Pattern, select a thicker weight for the line. Is there a way do this without selecting each of my 30 lines one at a time? Hi, There is not way of making the change to all the series at once. You can make the change and then select the next series and use the F4 button to repeat formatting changes. Another alternative is to use VBA code to make the changes Select the chart. Go to the immediate window in...

Backup from a command line?
I would like users to be able to create a backup from a shortcut on our shared drive instead of from within Access. I don't want to just copy the file but rather create a backup like Access does (with the date as part of the file name). Can someone help? Thanks! Joe M. Joe, Sounds like some new 2007 "backup" feature, which I haven't used yet... Since your doing this from outside Access, why not just use a freeware backup program that you can schedule (like Cobian Backup). The Created/Modified date would always indicate what Date and Time the Backup...

401k Catch-up Contributions after age 50
It would be nice if Great Plains from most likely the HR side offered an automated way to handle the increase in the amount a person can reduce their salary for 401k after age 50. There are other age based triggers from within HR and I would think this one would be very straightforward to program. This rule has been in effect since 2002 that I'm aware of and Great Plains has yet to catch up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

date format in excel not in line with control panel regional setti
I am running office professional 97 on windows XP platform and have a problem with excel date formats. The control panel regional settings in windows are set correctly to English ( united Kingdom ) with short date format of DD/MM/YYYY. when I apply format > cells in excel and select the date category the date formats presented appear to be in US format i.e. MM/DD/YYYY. and if applied to cells, the US date format is displayed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling excel, but problem still persists. In Access, the date formats are in the correct UK format and not US. Are there an...

Bring to Front
I am writing an application that I only want to have one instance of. I know how to do that part, but what I also want to do is if the user attempts to start it again that it will SendMessage to the application to Bring it Front, like in Windows Task Manager Bring to Front option. I have tried WM_SHOWWINDOW and other WM_’s but nothing seems to work. Which one should I use? I am using VC6 and I have a dialog box application. This is the last thing that I have tried, HWND mHWND = ::FindWindow(NULL, "Test Program"); ::SendMessage(mHWND, WM_SHOWWINDOW, TRUE, 0); Thanks in advance...

manufacturing assembly line capacity assessment
I have to depict my manufacturing assembly line in the form of a flow chart. The flow chart should also tell me the time taken in each activity, and help me assess the assembly line manufacturing capacity per year or per week. The flow chart should preferably be vertical. Can anyone please help me by advising if it is possible in microsoft visio, and if not, any other software which can help me in doing that. You might want to check this out. Short answer is yes visio supports flowcharts http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA010744131033.aspx al "S N" <uandme72@yahoo.co...

No blank lines in text files
When opening a comma delimited text file, I no longer get blank lines where I used to in EXCEL2K. Did microsoft "fix" a problem that I need to break again? How do I restore the PROPER importation of blank lines? Charlie, With Excel 2002, empty lines do result in empty rows. This seems to work with File - Open, with a *.txt file, which means the text import wizard is invoked. It also works with a *.csv file (which doesn't invoke the Text Import Wizard. It also works with Data - Import External data - Import data. It seems to work with totally empty lines in the text fil...

Paste (Ctrl-V) brings up Cust/Vend Consol Setup in v10
When doing a Ctrl-V in GP version 10 - any window, it brings up the Customer/Vendor Consolidations setup window instead of pasting the data into the field intended. You must go to Edit in the menu & Paste that way. This is a standard across all windows programs to be able to paste by using Ctrl-V. Also Ctrl-C doesn't consistantly work in the Bank Transaction Entry window - you must also go to Edit in the menu & Copy. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

VLookup to bring in not true data.
Hi, I need to create an if statement or vlookup that will compare both columns and bring back the results that is not true. I know what matches so basically I want to see all the data that doesn't match. I want to see the results of everything in Account II that doesn't match Account. Help everything I try doesn't work. Sarita aka non excel expert!!! Account Account II 154623 154142 154632 154189 154639 154632 154649 154636 154861 154739 154996 154840 155765 154850 155008 155765 ...

How do I arch a line of text within a banner?
I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the two lines of text. Can this be accomplished with this program? If not, is there a program available the I could use instead. Thank You. *Brandon* numberonesignguy wrote: > I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. > Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top > line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the > two...

Drop line in Line Chart
Excel 2002 - I have a line chart with 5 data sources. I would like to add a dropline when 2 data sources cross each other. Is this possible? -- GorillaBoze ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GorillaBoze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398318 Hi, You might be able to do this with the help of the functions in this example. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Create extra data series to plot the intersecting points an...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

How (where ?) to change the line length or turn off auto-line wrapping in Outlook 2003 ?
Where EACTLY can I change in Outlook 2003 the maximum line length resp. turn off automatic line wrapping? Sven Tools-> Options-> button E-mail Options...-> option: Remove extra lines breaks... Or; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Internet Format... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Sven Claasen" <svenCx@gmx.net> wrote in message...

count occurances of years between two year brackets eg >24 & <50
Could anybody try to help with a calculation. I have calculated ages with column formatted to yy =IF(ISBLANK(L28),"",($IV$65536-L28) - '$IV$65536 being Now()+2 With the column being formatted to yy, I cannot use the COUNTIF function to calculate the occurances of ages - I think this is because it is not a number Could anybody please make suggestions on how to format the cells to enable the use of a similar if not the COUNTIF function PS I can get COUNTIF to work when the age is manually input, but not calculated Try: =IF(ISBLANK(L28),"",DATEDIF(L28,$IV$65536...

Adding Additional Points to a Line Chart
I have an existing line chart. Four variables w/ five data points each. Simple. My end user would like me to add a single data point for each of the variables on the same scale but NOT connected to the rest of the data points (ie, same symbol to represent each variable but not part of the line of the line graph). Is this possible? I can do it in Delta Graph fairly easily w/ an overlay but I'm not sure how to do it (or if I can) in Excel. This chart is embedded in a PPT presentation so I would prefer not replotting it in Delta Graph. Thanks! Christine Just add each one as a new...

PO Line Item
A user received a PO but inventory transactions were never created. After looking at the PO, the PO line item has a Item Type of non-inventory. The same item # is on the PO twice and the item type is correct on one of the PO line items. The item is setup as a Sales inventory item in Item Maintenance. Has anyone ran into this undocumented feature? I'd bet a quarter somebody entered the 1st line prior to it being setup in the Item Card. Then they decided to add the item and entered it on the PO again, forgetting to delete the first, non-inventory line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT,...

Brings up URLs in a new window
I am testing HTML emails on my Outlook 2000. When I click on the hyperlinks, sometimes a new window pops up, sometimes a current window is re-used. In one e-mail, a current window is re-used for all the hyperlinks; but after a while, when I revisit that e-mail, all the hyperlinks cause new windows to pop up. In another e-mail, new windows get pop up on the hyperlinks more often than current windows being re-used. I look at the source code of both e-mails and make sure that there is no target=_blank. All the hyperlinks are in the basic form <a href=http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.htm">...

Contract Lines and Invoices
When a Contract Line is complete for a Contract and we need to bill for the Contract, what is the best practise with the Invoices system within CRM 3.0? There seems to be no relation with Contracts and Invoices? I thought that by "Invoicing" a contract it would appear in the Invoices area in CRM? Can this be a feature in the next update? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Why do I sometimes get a gap between my page header & my detail lines?
Hi I have a number of reports with the identical layout, yet some have an unsightly gap between the page header & the details and the others don't. What causeth this? Stapes It could be 'white space' from the bottom of the last detail or a group footer on the previous page. Make sure that the detail and/or group footer's KeepTogether property is set to True ('Yes' in the properties sheet). Another thing to be aware of is that 'white space' above or below controls does not shrink when the CanShrink property is True, only the controls. So if you are ...

Is it possible to bring back the normal menu?
When I click to create a new/blank template (File/New) it launches this annoying panel on the side of the app. It doesn't follow the normal flow of opening a new/blank file for most other Microsoft applications. Basically, I'd like to be able to click File, click New, then bam there is my blank excel document. don't make me hunt on the rgiht for another thing to click on. It doesn't do that if you select the new sheet icon on the standard format bar. I have Office 2002, so I don't know how it works on other systems. "Jason" <Jason@discussions.micros...

Time allotment deduction in Contract Lines
Hi, I tried to use the contract in CRM to track SLA activities. I created a new template and set "Allotment Type" to "Time". However when I created a case with a service activity and completed (or resolved) both, the deduction was only 1 instead of actual minutes set in the service activity. I set the minutes of Contract Line to 120 and task took 1 hour (60 minutes). There has been some customizations and workflow done for Cases, not Contract. But I wouldn't have thought that would have mattered. Any enlightment is appreciated. Tony Hi Tony, I just tried the...