How to Avoid Dividing by 0 errors in query

I have been getting 'Overflow' errors when trying to run a query.  I found
out it is because some of my data has a divisor of 0 (e.g. 10/0).  This data
comes from linked Excel worksheets with hundreds of rows of data.  Is there
an IF statement or something I can add to the query in the dividing column
that can just return a blank (instead of the #Error)?  I need this query to
feed into another query that I am getting the 'Overflow' error on.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Iif([Divisor]=0,0,[MyField]/[Divisor])

MH

"Jason52" <Jason52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been getting 'Overflow' errors when trying to run a query.  I found
> out it is because some of my data has a divisor of 0 (e.g. 10/0).  This
> data
> comes from linked Excel worksheets with hundreds of rows of data.  Is
> there
> an IF statement or something I can add to the query in the dividing column
> that can just return a blank (instead of the #Error)?  I need this query
> feed into another query that I am getting the 'Overflow' error on.

0
MH

How do i make a formula using cells (divide B3/B5)
I am trying to get excel to divide cell B3 by B5. I have been entering in =B3/B5 and it keeps giving me #VALUE!. I also need to drag the formula down. I thought this was how to do it but apparently im wrong. A little help would be much appreciated. Perhaps you have text in B3 or B5 (even if they look numeric)? If you drag the formula down you'll get =B4/B6 in the cell below, if you want to keep one of the values the same use something like =B$3/B5 when you drag this down it becomes =B$3/B6 in the cell below -- daddylonglegs ------------------------------------------------...

Clistctrl on NT4 throws out of memory error
Hi all My App is developed with MS VC++ 6.0 and it works fine almost everywhere I access an mdb database to fill some listboxes (used as a search engine) and a list (CListCtrl). I found a machine running NT4 that fills the listboxes but it does not fill the clistctrl. I get an "out of memory" error when trying to fill the list with data. Can it be some flag (for example LVS_FULLROWSELECTED) or the one for displaying the grid, or the imagelist connected to the list, or the LVITEM that I add every row. It seems that some operation is not supported on that system. What can it be? Pleas...

CRM 3.0 applicaton Error using Report Scheduler
When trying to download a report within CRM or run the report scheduler, I am receiving an error stating insufficient permissions. Other than these two problems, the reports will run and output correctly. I checked the report manager, but I could not find anything obvious. Does anyone have any information regarding this problem? Thanks! Error: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soa...

Question about VC++ 5.0 and Access 97
I have an MFC with an object of ODBC Class type called "ETable". The ODBC Class hooks into an MS Access 97 table. On a form I am adding a record to the table reading entries from fields. When I press the button to perform the add, I get an Access error box that says "Attempt to Update or Delete Failed". But in fact the add record did NOT fail. The new record is there with all the correct data. What gives? Here is the code to add the info: *********************************************************************** UpdateData(true); while(!ETable->CanUpdate()...

error windows update
hi.. i have a error Code 8024401F on windows vista home premium, and i don't know what i suppose to do, can someone help me please... For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY and/or 1-866-234-6020 in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Updates. Or you can... Start a free Windows Update support incident request: https://support.microsoft.co...

Dividing A Workbook Into Smaller Portions
Help! I've created several workbooks that are taking too long to open and close. I want to split the worksheets and make smaller workbooks. Is there any easy way to do this? Also: The "Delete Sheet" option is not available, apparently due to these workbooks being on a shared drive. I have tried moving them off of the shared drive so that I can delete and/or make changes to some of the worksheets, but I am still unable to do this. Can anyone tell me how I can make it so this option is available again? Thank you for any assistance offered! :) -- calimari ----------------...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Synchronisation Error
I have a PC using the Outlook client which is consistently throwing an error when synchronising with CRM. The error reports "an error has occurred", helpfully. Event log shows error 6410 - "One or more MS CRM Address Book Cache files are missing". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client on this machine - still get the same error. Have seen postings elsewhere about this error with CRM 3.0 due to user not having security role with "Work Offline" - but this user has this permission. Any suggestions? Have you tried this already Close outlook...

Initial Capitals
Word 2002 - I am entering lists of words that have no initial capital, but Word insists on capitalising the initial letter - how do I stop this, please? Check your autocorrect settings. There should be an option activated which capitalize the first letter. Deselect it. Yves "haywain" <haywain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9E9550-5A9C-4813-96EC-7095654D22A0@microsoft.com... > Word 2002 - I am entering lists of words that have no initial capital, but > Word insists on capitalising the initial letter - how do I stop this, > please? ...

CRM and IE keep shutting down with "send error report" error
This is I believe an IE problem more than CRM but it happens mostly only in CRM and happens 20-30 times a day to the point of complete frustration. I have a CRM client that actually pinned this down to a recent security patch about 4 weeks ago (early August 2006). Anyone know if MS has a solution? -- Thanks, Brian There is a hotfix at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-042.mspx Regards, Chris "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CE5A89-59A3-4893-9CA9-4D3F520E700E@microsoft.com... > This is I believe an I...

RSS Reader error
I have a machine that gets and error, Internet Explorer raised and unhandled exception in hird party module and should be closed, the module is the RSSReader_plugin.dll. Where can I disable the Reader or get a new DLL to fix the problem? Thanks for the help! Ken cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e4649893-50cb-4892-af9b-cf5ad7632a06 Sails157 wrote: > I have a machine that gets and error, Internet Explorer raised and > unhandled exception in hird party module and should be closed, the module > is the RSSReader_plugin.dll. ...

OWA
We currently use forms based authentication on our Exchange Server, but for people who are logged in on the internal network (but not at a computer with Outlook) we would like them to be able to acccess OWA and not have to log in again. (i.e. https:\\mail\exchange\username). Is there a way to do this and prevent the login prompt? Thanks Create another HTTP virtual server using different port w/same IP or default port but different IP? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Jan" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ud3Bd%239rFHA.2072...

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

Error messages produced by vc .exe: win32 error 11
Hello and thanks for helping. I have been developing a program on a win98 computer but then switched to a w2k computer for a while. Now I have to go back to the win98 computer and support the program on other win98 computers. Problem is, when I reinstalled VC++, cleaned then rebuilt all, then executed, the following 2 dialog boxes appeared: 1)"Error starting program" "Program appears to be corrupt" 2) "Microsoft Visual C++" "Incorrect format (win32 error 11)" this same project, when compiled for win98 3 months ago, worked fine. This same project...

Installation of SQLXML 3.0 and SQL Server client tools
I wrote a C# client application using C# and updategrams. When I tried to load SQLXML 3.0 I was prompted that it could not be installed without Sql Server Client Tools. Does this mean that I have to assure that MSDN is installed on the client machine? Hi Mike, To use SQLXML, you need to assure SQL Server 2000 client to be installed. It also require MSXML version 4.0 on the client computer. Hope this answer your question. Luke Microsoft Online Support Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.) I ...

ASP 0115 error with OWA and 5.5
All, I recieve this error when trying to log into my exchange server. The server is NT4.0 sp6 and exchange 5.5 SP4 Below is the error message. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /exchange/USA/root.asp A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. "Jim Potter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043901c3c319$0e773d00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > All, > I recieve this error when trying to log into my exchange > server. > The server is NT4.0 sp6 and excha...

Dividing first & last names?
Is it possible to divide first and last names that have a space between them is one cell and put copy them to two separate cells? Thanks, Digital2k Hi Digital2k, Data>Text to Columns will do that admirably. HTH Martin Thank you Martin, but I'm not an expert. I'm not clear on what I'm supposed to do with this. The Full name is in column (A) I want the first name in column (B) and the last name in column (C). Where would I use Data>Text at? Digital2k "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message news:ugR$rgNqGHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >...

Error won't let me into my MS Money file
For the past week, everytime I try to open my MS Money fie I get an error that causes it to close. I've tried both repair functions with no luck. I think I've narrowed down that the issue comes from downloading account updates from Fidelity as I have restored a back up and tested all other changes. After money shuts down on me, I get left with an .LRD file that contains the following phrase... ilihP.elpoepebot I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. anyone know what to do?? Thanks, Chuck It is always a good idea to read previous posts. There have been a lar...

Dnsapi Error Message
Message: The system failed to register pointer (PTR) resource records (RRs) for network adapter with settings: Adapter Name : {1FE34CD9-7784-446A-B08A-2F31C44963F2} Host Name : Server1 Adapter-specific Domain Suffix : DOMAIN.COM DNS server list : 192.168.0.252 Sent update to server : 127.0.0.1 IP Address : 192.168.0.253 I have checked both of my DNS servers and both have host (A) records for the DNS server with IP 192.168.0.252. When I ping the server name the IP is resolved. Both DNS servers are domain controllers and are GC servers. And, when I run nslookup, I...

error code 1000008e on or soon after boot up
I have a 4 yr old Compaq Pressario running Windows XP Service Pack 3 with 2GB of Ram and 300GB hard disc and NVidia GeForce 7500LE video. No ports are open externally on my wireless router, I run Windows Firewall and AVG antivirus software. During boot up or within 10 mins of boot up the PC unexpectedly reboots. If this doesn't happen within the first 10 mins then the PC operates as expected for as long as I want. Sometimes I get the serious error window on reboot with the option to report the incident to Microsoft, sometimes not. However the information in the system e...

AR
Hello, does anyone know why there is not a distribution error in the AR module like there is in AP: "Distributions for this transaction contains errors." Thanks, Craig Hi Craig, Probably there is no issue with the distributions in the AR which is why you are not getting an error. In AP, you may want to check the distributions by clicking the distributions button from the payables transaction entry screen and verify the accounts. You can click the Default button to reset the accounts. If that didn't auto-populate the default accounts in the distribution...

Data Migration Framework v3.0 from ACT to CRM 3.0
Hello there I want to migrate ACT in to CRM 3.0. My company is trying CRM 3.0 implementation but we dont want to put in any initial costs of buying SCRIBE data migration tools. So we are trying out DMF to do this migration. My questions are: 1. Can i migrate ACT Accounts as CRM Marketing Leads? 2. If yes to previous Q, Then existing DMF ACT To CRM spreadsheet does not have the Data Mapping for Lead Table 3. Our ACT accounts are categorised in different groups based on the Industry, Can i migrate data as CRM Leads with same Industry specific groups? I have a very tight deadline to implem...

error popup run time error 429
Hi, When I try to run RMS programs (administrator,Manager or POS) it pop up window saying that "run time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object". Does anyone know what wrong with it? How do I fix this problem? Thank you very much I had this error message when I removed an Add-on; It turned out the add-on left entries in the registry (Hooks) and this was causing the issue. I removed these entries and all was fine. "qnguyen" wrote: > Hi, > When I try to run RMS programs (administrator,Manager or POS) it pop up > window saying that &...

Avoid "Overwrite" Message
I've seen a number of other posting on this but not a full solution. I'm trying to avoid getting the message telling me another user may have made changes, do I want to save a copy or overwrite, blah, blah, blah. I still can't figure out how to turn this off completely. Please help. Hi don't share your workbook. These messages should only appear if your workbook is shared -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff M. wrote: > I've seen a number of other posting on this but not a full solution. > I'm trying to avoid getting the message telling me another...

CRM 4.0 Advanced Find with Error on page
Hi, I have problem which I have not solved and I really cannot figure out what is wrong. Anyone can help with this: At server Advanced find works like it should be. When using webclient or outlook client Advanced find does not work, only "Error on page" occurs in IE status bar. -Max To be more specific; I can form the query, but when hitting Search-button error appears and nothing happens. Here is the script error I receive <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Määrittäm...

avoid duplicates!
Hi Guys, I have below query, in which i am trying to get the machine anme, user name, IP Subnet fro three different tables. The third table V_RA_SYSTEM_IPSUBNETS is having multiple IP subnet info against a single machine. Hence when i ran this query i get lot of duplicates (if there are 5 subnets against a single machine, this machine is listed 5 times)... Is it possible to get only the last assgined IP subnet from the third table (This table has only a resourceid and the IPsubnet column, there is no date column)... SELECT DISTINCT SYS.NAME0 AS 'MACHINENAME', IP.IP_...