How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007

Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted?  I've been spending close
to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the
navigation has been changed.  Is there a way to get the old style back?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the
new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...)

Suggestions:

- The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for:
    All Access Objects

- Set Category to:
    Object Type

- The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse.

- Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as you type.

If you teach/develop for others, you need to persist with it until you
become familiar with using it. If you only handle your own databases and
don't want to learn the new stuff, Avenius Gunter has created a Database
Window for A2007:
    http://www.avenius.de/index.php?Produkte:DBC2007

Although I don't use the Nav Pane as the user interface, it is possible to
use it in ways that the Database window did not suppport:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345601033.aspx?pid=CH100645691033

Other suggestions on adapting to A2007:
    http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

"Ricomyer" <Ricomyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted?  I've been spending
> close
> to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the
> navigation has been changed.  Is there a way to get the old style back?

0
Allen
2/7/2008 1:18:44 AM
Thanks for the tip.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the
> new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...)
>
> Suggestions:
>
> - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for:
>     All Access Objects
>
> - Set Category to:
>     Object Type
>
> - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse.
>
> - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as you type.
>
> If you teach/develop for others, you need to persist with it until you
> become familiar with using it. If you only handle your own databases and
> don't want to learn the new stuff, Avenius Gunter has created a Database
> Window for A2007:
>     http://www.avenius.de/index.php?Produkte:DBC2007
>
> Although I don't use the Nav Pane as the user interface, it is possible to
> use it in ways that the Database window did not suppport:
>     http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345601033.aspx?pid=CH100645691033
>
> Other suggestions on adapting to A2007:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

> "Ricomyer" <Ricomyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted?  I've been spending
> > close
> > to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the
> > navigation has been changed.  Is there a way to get the old style back?

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

viewing problems
My problem is I have a user (Malinda) with a windows xp cpu using outlook 2003. When Malinda forwards or sends an email to Jackie, also on the same server with a windows 98 cpu and outlook 2000, Jackie can only view 1 page of the email. Sometimes she can print out the entire document and sometimes it only has the 1 page (the same amount that can be viewed) I cannot determine who's computer is having the problem and how to correct it. It is only happening on these 2 computers. No one else has a problem receiving or sending emails from these 2 people. Sometimes the emails forw...

View as HTML
Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even though all the configuration options I can find are set to HTML. Security issues aside, how do I set outlook to display emails in the format they were sent in? Do you have Outlook set to read all mail as plain text? Tools->Options->Email Options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Silbury Hill <no-one@home.com> asked: | Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even | though...

Finding duplicates in column
Hi, I have Excel 2002 and have 6000 emails addresses in a column. How can I find if there are any duplicates in that column? Thanks rock Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,$A1)>1,"Duplicate","") Cpy that down, then you can filter column B for Duplicate Sorry to be so newby Bob, but when you say 'copy' down, what exactly do you mean? I have entered the formula in B1 but.. Thanks rock Bob Phillips wrote: > Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of > > =IF(COUNTI...

HELP!! Viewing email images

Passing data from one form to another

Printed font size in OE6 changed when viewed font size changed in IE8
Hello, When I change the font size in IE8 and then print a document in OE6, the document is printed in the IE8 font size, not the OE6 font size. I have double-checked and the OE6 'Text Size' menu option has not changed. Why is my OE6 font size now linked to my IE8 font size? Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702 build 86001 Outlook Express v6.00.2900.5512 xpsp.080413-2111 Windows XP v5.1.2600 sp3 build 2600 Kevin M. "Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War* "Contentment...Comp...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Build View
Hallo guys, i would like to build a new view, where each user can see all accounts or contacts of his territory. If I am a User from East I want to click the view MyTerritory and I can see all accounts or contacts from east. Is this possible?? Otherwise I had to build a view for each territory :(. Thx. Just join the account and territory tables then the territory and user table. Finally add a condition on the user table with column User and operator "equal current user". -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http:/...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

form and query problem. please help.

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

Workplace View
Can anyone tell me if there is a way (supported or unsupported) to change which columns are disaplayed in the Workplace views? TIA Corb ...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Outlook Web Access HTTP 500 and HTTP 404 errors
hi, I am experiencing this problem on Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, when the users try to authenticate to Outlook Web Access, they get the following error messages in their browsers, "http 500 - internal server error" or "http error 404 - file or directory not found", the customer upgraded to windows/exchange 2003 6 months ago from windows/Exchange 2000 (in place upgrade), they only discovered the problem last week when they tried creating new users, i created 3 test users and the 3 users were getting the above errors. some already existing users have no prob...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...