I am importing data from text file to access database but it is truncating
all the zeros if they come in the starting.... please help me to resolve this
problem as there is a field name telephone number and I need zero in the
starting to distinguish between local and international calls.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Remplace them by "+" (normaly it's the same)

"Mohsin Habib" <MohsinHabib@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de news:8B32A18C-E88B-4259-8CAE-332EB821883C@microsoft.com...
>I am importing data from text file to access database but it is truncating
> all the zeros if they come in the starting.... please help me to resolve
> this
> problem as there is a field name telephone number and I need zero in the
> starting to distinguish between local and international calls.

0
Vincent
1/16/2008 11:06:08 AM
Are you importing into an existing table, or a new table?  I would create a
table with the structure you want the data to come in.  Then, I would create
an Import Specification (use the import wizard), and use the TransferText
method with the Import Spec to get the data in the format you want it.

HTH
Dale

--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Mohsin Habib" wrote:

> I am importing data from text file to access database but it is truncating
> all the zeros if they come in the starting.... please help me to resolve this
> problem as there is a field name telephone number and I need zero in the
> starting to distinguish between local and international calls.

Changing User Information without SA
Hello All, We're currently using GP 9.0 where I work (I'm the DBA) and we want to migrate these databases to a SQL 2005 cluster (these databases currently sit on a SQL 2000 stand-alone). These databases will be moving to cluster nodes that have other databases that are critical to our environment and we would like to limit the use of SA to strictly IT internally. My question: In PDK is there any way to allow GP users (employees) to modify other user information within the System -> User screen. For example: Someone logs in with their own GP account and wants to change tha...

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

Forcing a zero
Is there anyway to make a field that has a zero at the front of it? 28377310874 028377310874 Meaning, I want the second of the above to show, not the first. Hi John, Format the cell with the number format you require. In this case: 000000000000 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "John Persico" <reply@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:e2rOQcsfKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to make a field that has a zero at the front of it? > > 28377310874 > 028377310874 > > Meaning, I want the second of the above...

excel 97 xml import

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Songs Truncated when Streaming
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01CAC6CB.33332110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running wmp 12 on a home premium x86 windows 7 desktop. When I = stream my music to a Pioneer Elite Pro 151fd tv (802-11n wireless to = Linksys wrt-300n and direct ethernet connection router to the tv) all of = my songs stop at the same point (several seconds from the end) and move = to the next song on the playlist or album. This does not happen when = streaming from the same deskt...

Importing a CSV file

SmartList for Canadian Payroll returns no data
We are running GP V10 and Canadian Payroll. When our Payroll clerk tries to run a SmartList for payroll data she gets nothing returned in her query result. She is able to see all of her data and do her Payroll work with no issues, and her security access to Payroll data is correct. Can anyone advise as to what we may have missed in her security and / or setup that would prevent her from seeing the data in her SmartList query? As POWERUSER I get no results from the SmartList query either. Appreciate any help or advice! Thanks! Hi LMG Which CPR Smartlists are you trying to run? T...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...

importing email

Updating a cell with data validation when another cell is changed.
In my sheet I have cell Y2, which when it contains "y", I want it to update the validation list =IF(Y2="y",DogList,NAList) That works, but if i delete the "y" from cell Y2, the validation drop- down list doesn't change until I click onto the cell I wrote some code to try and work around this: Private Sub WorkSheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Target.Address = "Y2" Then Range("AJ2").Value = "" Application.Calculate End Sub But still doesn't do that I want, when I change t...