How do you convert an add-in from acc 2000 to acc 2007?

We have a bunch of access add-ins that we created in acc 2000.  Trying
to upgrade to acc 2007 but we can't seem to get the add-ins to work.

Is there a equivalent to the USYSREGINFO?  We can't even find the
table (or any system tables) when we open the original myaddin.mda in
acc 2007.

If there is a different way to register it, anyone know how?

We were able to find the add-in manager and add the add-in.  Could not
edit the path where the add-in shuold be copied because we couldn't
update the USYSREGINFO.

Any help, pointers, guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Z.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Comments inline:

"Z" <zahirb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We have a bunch of access add-ins that we created in acc 2000.  Trying
> to upgrade to acc 2007 but we can't seem to get the add-ins to work.
>
> Is there a equivalent to the USYSREGINFO?  We can't even find the
> table (or any system tables) when we open the original myaddin.mda in
> acc 2007.

The usysreginfo table should be constructed exactly the same as in A2k. In
order to see the table in the navigation pane, click the Office button (the
round thing in top left),Click the button "Access Options", select "Current
Database" on LHS list, then scroll down till you see a button with the
caption "navigation options". Click it and put check marks next to "show
hidden objects" and "show system objects" in the popup dialog. Ok everything
till you get back to the nav pane and your usysreginfo table will be
visible.

> If there is a different way to register it, anyone know how?
>
> We were able to find the add-in manager and add the add-in.  Could not
> edit the path where the add-in shuold be copied because we couldn't
> update the USYSREGINFO.

In the "Value" column of usysreginfo, if you type "|ACCDIR" (without the
quotes), it will be substituted by Access for the addin path. So lets say
your addin file is called "MyAddin.mda". In this case the Value field should
read "|ACCDIR\MyAddin.mda" (again no quotes).

Now the new addin path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Login Name>\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns

(the addin manager will copy your addin here, so if you want to work on it
after installation, here's where to do it)

HTH

0
Stuart

Restore Outlook 2000 without .pst?
I backed up a computer to a dvd but forgot to export outlook 2000 to a pst. Is there anyway to get the info back?jho In news:1123958637.749834.33580@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, jho <jhogan0101@yahoo.com> typed: > I backed up a computer to a dvd but forgot to export outlook 2000 to a > pst. Is there anyway to get the info back?jho No. If you don't have the PST file, you don't have any data. Note - you don't need to export anything. You can just copy/back up the existing PST file(s) next time. jho <jhogan0101@yahoo.com> wrote: > I backed up a comput...

Reminder Date in Outlook 2007
Hi I would appreciate help with this problem. I often set reminders on e- mails using the Right click on the e-mail in my inbox and selecting Add Reminder... My problem is that the default date for the reminder is:01 January 4501 at 08:30 am. I am perfectly happy with the time, but cannot find where to change the default date for this option. My computer date and time are correct, and so is my calendar in Outlook working on the correct date. I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and Office 2007 SP1. Thanks Heather ...

Outlook 2000 #228
Once you send a flagged message to a recipient in your company's Outlook 2000 exchange server, can you stop the reminders from "popping up" on the recipient's computer? Once the message has been sent you have little to no control over it and its effects "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76BA1618-0700-4AC8-8EFC-1298EB521419@microsoft.com... > Once you send a flagged message to a recipient in your company's Outlook > 2000 > exchange server, can you stop the reminders from "popping up" on the > recipi...

Making the "add item" option available to VBA
I'd like to add VBA code to the Project PO Window that automatically checks the "add item" option from the toolbar when the window is opened. Anyone know how to get that menu option available to VBA? thanks! Martha That really isn't possible (directly) with VBA because VBA cannot see menus. About the only thing you can do is record a macro that checks this option. Then run the macro from VBA. that isn't directly available from vba either but there is a TK that tells you how to work around it. "Martha" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

converting linked cells to their referenced values
I have 2 spread sheets for tracking orders. The orders are entered on the first sheet and appear in the second sheet by cell reference formulas. Eventually when the order is no longer active, I change the reference formula to the value of the referenced cell since it will be deleted from the first sheet. When there are a lot of orders isn't very practical to copy past from one spread sheet to the other. Is there a macro or something that I can use to convert the link formula in a cell to the value of the cell it references? -- quimrider ---------------------------------------------...

Moving Money 2000 to new computer needs password
Hi - I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money 2000 that I had on the old computer. When I copy my msmoney.mny file to the new computer and attemt to open it, it says I need to enter the password for the file. Problem is, I never created a password for it, so I can open the file. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wes wrote: >Hi - > > I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old >one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money ...

2B-Inventory Handheld Add-on NEW FEATURES
2B-Inventory is a Pocket PC application that integrates with Microsoft RMS and Microsoft POS. Click here to see the feature list: http://www.2bsolutions.net/2B-Inventory3.4FeatureList.htm Click here to watch the short video (6 min): http://www.2bsolutions.net/2B-Inventory/2B-Inventory_Video.wmv If you have questions or feature requests, please contact me! Regards, Barkley Busby Vice President, 2B Solutions Birmingham, AL 205-408-9991 Barkley@2BSolutions.net http://www.2BSolutions.net ...

Office 2007
I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on pulling the hard drive out of my old PC and using it as an external disk for my new PC. Will Office 2007 run from it? In article <26C00CCD-2C28-4685-BB55-71E97B4789C4@microsoft.com>, dnar <dnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original > CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on > pulling the hard dr...

Converting variable text strings to numeric
I've imported some word tables into excel, the 'numbers' have spaces instead of commas and consequently are read as text. The 'numbers' vary from single integer to millions For example 1 101 335 293 207 23 113 101 19 While I can use the left, mid and right functions for the millions that formula is unworkable for other numbers. Any ideas, or do I have to get a VB programmer to write a function for me? Hi! Try using Find/Replace Select the range Goto Edit>Replace Find What: enter a space by hitting the space bar Replace With: nothing...

PowerPoint 2007 Printing issues
Hi, This issue has been driving me crazy: we have presentations that have linked excel tables and pictures, and everything looks awesome in print preview and presentation mode, but when I print, some linked excel tables and pictures just show blank. I have played around with it, and the only way to guarantee it prints is to paste everything as Bitmap picture, but we need the linked Excel table function to save tons of time cutting and pasting. As I said, some of the tables will print, but some of them don't, which is driving me nuts, and everything is fine electronical...

convert number format to time format
I have a whole column in which I need to be able to enter a number an it should convert it to the time format. If I enter 100 it shoul convert it to 1:00. Similarly entering 2300 should automatically b converted to 23:00. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Fullymooned! No need to send the same question to different groups. The answer given in programming was: See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax...

IP Sec with DPM 2007 or DPM 2010
Hi, we are about to implement IP Sec for a group of servers which will be backed up by DPM. I wanted to find out if there are any restrictions regarding backing up IP Sec hosts vs non IP Sec hosts in the same domain. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks! There is no restrictions on IP sec policies on DPM as IP sec policies work at much lower layer than what DPM uses. But the policies should be in such a way that both DPM and Production servers should be able to communicate with each other, like network share browsing etc..(any windows applications between these two machines...

Call for opinions on Visual Source Safe with Access 2007
I am at a point where I think that a solution like Visual Source Safe may make sense for my mult-developer environment. I did dabble with it back in the late 90's and found that it often resulted in corruption and other issues. (Damned if I can remember any specifics.) In any case, I am looking for any feedback on the current state of this product from actual users. I am expecting migrate to Acc2007 soon and think it might be a good time to put the project under better source control. I am most interested in what limitations and/or problems you may have encountered as users and ...

add data labels in pivotchart
Hi everyone, i want to add data labels in pivotchart (of course it is easy) but when i change some of indexes in the category fields or series fiels - all data labels disappear. And then i must add data labels manually again, it is very annoying. I have no idea what to do, probably i should ask someone who is experienced in VBA to write a code or something else...... IF you don't know how to do this, i will appreciated any kind of help, advices, whatever.... ...

How do I add a balloon message to a locked cell
I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users that the cell is retricted Data Validation>Input Message and check “Show input msg when cell is selected”. A balloon will show up at the cell or at the office assistant if it is active. Mike R. "kden01" wrote: > I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users > that the cell is retricted Insert Comment? Unprotect the sheet, add the Comment then re-protect. If using Version 2002 or 2003 you can prevent the user from selecting unlocked cells. When Protecting ...

Can I just reinstall Pub 2000 when it is part of Office 2000
Having just upgraded to Office 2003 I am tearing my hair out with Publisher 2003. I just cannot get it to work with my web site files made in Pub 2000. My site is now out of date and I haven't got time to learn Front Page! Can I un-install Pub 2003 and re-install Pub 2000 even if they are part of Office 2000 and 2003? Help!! You can install Publisher 2000 as a standalone application. Create a separate folder on your hard drive and install it there. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maudie" <Maud...

Converting dates to fiscal quarters
Is there a way to easily convert a date to a fiscal quarter Eg 1/1/03 converted to Q1-2003, 12/7/98 to Q4-199 Thanks in advance for your respons One way with the date in A1 ="Q"&INT((MONTH(A1)+2)/3)&" - "&TEXT(YEAR(A1),"@") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F45345C-B1DB-4353-8292-A216A88121A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to easily convert a date to a fiscal quarter? > Eg 1/1/03 converted to Q1-2003, 12/7/98 to Q4-1998 > > Thanks in advance for your res...

Outlook 2007 hosed by SQL Server 2005
Hi. I've been running the Office 2007 Beta for awhile and needed to uninstall SQL Express and install full-blown SQL Server 2005 on my laptop for development reasons. After doing so, Outlook 2007 is completely hosed. It will run, but I cannot open any emails. I can highlight them and save them as HTML or text, but if I try to open one, Outlook freezes. I've run Office diagnostics and it finds nothing major, just the fact that Office 2003 is still installed (but does not work properly, of course). I installed the Office 2007 refresh yesterday, it did not help. I need to get Outlook wor...

Losing Formatting in 2003 to 2007 worksheets
I keep losing all the formating on my worksheets when going form 2003 to 2007 and vice-versa. I try to fix it and then it reverts back to a non-formatted sheet. How do I correct? Similar problem with a solution ... http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=774151 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA ( remove unused number formats/styles or excess cond. formatting... free download: http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/4861.aspx ) "dalia007ii" <dalia007ii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEE20258-5A02-43F8-B316-BDCBD45350F9@micro...

Financial Spreadsheet Help (2007)
I am trying to create a stock portfolio data spreadsheet for Excel 2007, but I am encountering many problems. Firstly, I am trying to find a formula that will divide the current value of the stock with the initial price. However, I receive a #Value error (or some equivalent) whenever I try to enter =Quotient(G6:G100,F6-F100). Also, can Excel automatically change the color of the text depending on the preceeding value? If I enter in $222 in one cell followed by $232 in the next, can Excel color the numbers red or green depending on higher/lower? More later. (If you need further explaining, ...

Upward compatibility of publisher 2000 files with pub 2003
I have many pub 2000 files and am contemplating buying office 2003 for small business, but I have been told that my pub 2000 files will not be compatible with pub 2003. Is this true and what can be done about it? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Clayton Perry <Clayton Perry@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have many pub 2000 files and am contemplating buying office 2003 > for small business, but I have been told that my pub 2000 files will > not be compatible with pub 2003. This is inaccurate. Publisher 2000 files will almost alwa...

Autofill on Outlook 2000
For whatever reason, the autofill function is not activated on my Outlook 2000. Please advise how I can activate. Thanks for help. There's no "autocomplete" in OL2000 - OL2002, 2003 have it. OL2000 and prior have "autoresolve" - type in some of a recipient's name, press F9 or click Check Names, and it will try to resolve it from your contacts/address book. svelias wrote: > For whatever reason, the autofill function is not > activated on my Outlook 2000. Please advise how I can > activate. Thanks for help. No such feature in Outlook 2000. Outlook ...

#error when running report in Access 2007
When running a report from my Access 2000 database some of the fields are replaced by #error. No visible error message is seen. Converting to Access 2007 format does not help. They are all fields where two elements are concatenated. This includes new ones were I used the wizard to put 2 fields on one line. Hi Mark, This sounds like it might be a circular reference error to me. Try renaming the textbox so that it is *not* the same name as one of the fields in your concatentated expression. Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom http://www.ac...

Out of office manager add in
Out of office manager I'm trying to enable the Out of Office Manager feature (not currently in Tool menu). When I go to the Advanced Options and Add-In Manager, there are no options listed. When I go to install, all extension configuration files are grayed out. Anybody have advice or know where I can I get some help? steve <huels@at.net> wrote: > Out of office manager > > I'm trying to enable the Out of Office Manager feature The Out of Ofice Assistant is available only when you're attached to an Exchange server. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Pa...

Email strings- Outlook 2007
I often have email strings with several responses from various people. How can I set up a rule to have Outlook delete the older responses and only keep the newest? I have all of the email string in the most recent email anyway. Desperate to clean up my 3GB mailbox! "Erinlei" <Erinlei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32A9867F-2BF2-4BAD-A7F1-46BEA7196C8F@microsoft.com... >I often have email strings with several responses from various people. > How can I set up a rule to have Outlook delete the older responses and only > keep the newest? I h...