How do import data using | as a delimeter?

How do import data using | as a delimeter?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Not sure if you can use that character in an Import Specification but you
could always do a Find & Replace on the text file to convert them to commas.
--
Steve McGuire
MCSD, MCAD, MCP

"mrniceguy07" wrote:

> How do import data using | as a delimeter?
File/Import - change the file type, select the file you want to import.
When the wizard opens, press the Advanced button to see the option to change
the delimiter.  You should be able to type a character in the field if it is
not in the list.

"mrniceguy07" <mrniceguy07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do import data using | as a delimeter?

0
Pat
10/31/2007 7:22:13 PM
This works perfectly. Thanks for your help!

"Pat Hartman" wrote:

> File/Import - change the file type, select the file you want to import.
> When the wizard opens, press the Advanced button to see the option to change
> the delimiter.  You should be able to type a character in the field if it is
> not in the list.
>
> "mrniceguy07" <mrniceguy07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do import data using | as a delimeter?

use of Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dear friends the following code of hoja2 hides a combined picture (drop down 3), when j3 is different from 1, and works perfectly, but when I want to hide another combined picture (drop drown 16) does not work. help please FUNCTIONAL Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("j3")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Me.DropDowns("Drop Down 3").Visible = CBool(Target.Value = 1) End Sub IT DOES NOT WORK Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count >...

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Importing data

Importing messages #6

Import and export

SumProduct using Date Range
I need to sum a values using multiple criteria and a date range. Example - I need to sum the total amount of all investors that have an "N" in the n/e column, are in a specified region, in a specified fund, and are between the dates of 2/1/2010 through 3/1/10. Can't seem to get this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated. n/e Inv Date Investors Amount Fund Region E 2/1/2010 Client 1 $250,000 1 Asia E 2/1/2010 Client 2 $20,000 2 North America N 2/1/2010 Client 3 $14,000 4 North America N 2/1/2...

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

excel 97 xml import

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Use of CString key in CMap
Hi I have a question about the use of CString as a key in a CMap. Is that okay? I want to get an object using a string name. Is that okay or will I sometime get the wrong object because the haskey could be the same for two different strings? CMap<CString, CString &, csomecobject, csomecobject &> m_map csomecobject; This hash key I found in CodeGuru, but I am not able to see if it is a good has key. template<> inline UINT AFXAPI HashKey<CString&> (CString& strKey) { LPCSTR key = strKey; UINT nHash = 0; while (*key) { nHash = (nHash<<5) ...

Using multiple Like(s) * in a query
Hi Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c") rather than having to use multiple OR statements? Thanks for any suggestions Paul Paul, Using your example: Like "[a-c]*" .... or: Like "[a,b,c]*" -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP paulquinlan100@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > > Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple > times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c"...

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Importing a CSV file

SmartList for Canadian Payroll returns no data
We are running GP V10 and Canadian Payroll. When our Payroll clerk tries to run a SmartList for payroll data she gets nothing returned in her query result. She is able to see all of her data and do her Payroll work with no issues, and her security access to Payroll data is correct. Can anyone advise as to what we may have missed in her security and / or setup that would prevent her from seeing the data in her SmartList query? As POWERUSER I get no results from the SmartList query either. Appreciate any help or advice! Thanks! Hi LMG Which CPR Smartlists are you trying to run? T...

using clearcase with access
Hello there Can i use clear case with microsoft access like source safe? ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email