How do I use a Parameter to fill a text box on a Report in Access 2007?

Hi there,
I have an Access 2007 project (.adp) which is used for many different
projects. There is a report that is generated for these different
projects, which I need the following information to change when the
report is run:
1) Project Name
2) Document Status (version)

This information is usually entered onto the report in Design View but
I would like the user to simply type in this information in a
Parameter window which pops up before the report is run. Thus
preventing the user from having to view the report in design view at
all.
Is this possible and how would I go about it?

I have designed an Unbound text box on the report and entered =[Please
Enter Project Name] in the text box's control source but #Name?
appears in the textbox.
I have also tried creating a Form that collects report parameters and
a module and macro which run using the OnOpen event on the reports
properties (as suggested in the Microsoft help file on using
parameters in reports). However, because the parameters are not in the
underlying query which forms the basis for the report I am unsure of
how to assign the values obtained from the Form into the text box on
the report.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly apprecaited!

I am not an extemely confident database developer yet, although I am
incredibly keen to learn and would really appreciate any step by step
guidance anyone can offer!

Many Thanks, in anicipation, TechyGal :)

0
TechyGal
1/22/2008 9:46:14 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

using forms

Paste as text not HTML
In WOrd 2007 one can FINALLY paste info from a web page as text as the default, not as HTML. Is this available in Excel 2007? I can't find it. -- Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations ...

Possible incorrect number of sent emails reporting
Hi, I have a strange issue - 'possibly'. I have a 2 week report from a client's SBS 2003 Exchange server, and I see a spike in the number of sent emails from a particular user - over 800 sent over a 2 week period. Since that time, we have turned on SMTP logging and upon reviewing a recent 5 day report from that log, I only count around 75 emails sent from the same user over those 5 days. My client wants to know why those 800+ emails are showing from the Exchange server performance report, and if that report is incorrect. The trends in the outgoing SMTP logging for that server ...

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

cloning canned smartlist report into smartlist builder
Hi, Can anyone tell me a way to clone a smartlist report into smartlist builder (so we can build upon that?) Thanks! There is no way to do this. You will have to recreate all the canned SmartLists in SLB. I wrote a product feedback to deliver the canned SmartLists as standard XML files that can be loaded and deployed into SmartLists a while aback and you can feel free to join in and vote to add this feature. https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamics/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=360762 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maxi...

how do you Create flashing Text
I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to flash or blink. How do I do this? Ask this here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lukieguy22" <lukieguy22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E40D83D-8E98-40A7-ABE1-94307073C79E@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to > flash ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...