How do I retrieve Emails stored in .pst format?

I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings
folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our
I can retrieve appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:58:00 -0800, Anno <Anno@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings
>folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our
>I can retrieve appreciated.

Please repost your question in a newsgroup supporting Outlook. This group is
for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and
may have misled you - scroll down the list of subject areas and find one for
your version of Outlook.
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

On 2/23/08 6:58 AM, in article
094C9FDB-7E95-4662-A863-FB9F627BF429@microsoft.com, "Anno"
<Anno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings
> folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our
> I can retrieve appreciated.

0
Tara

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Format only cells containing certain word
Today I was trying to do something - I had a range which contained some cells containing the text string 'Manufacturer:' (my inverted commas) and wanted to format only those cells. Now, I couldn't autofilter, advanced filter or sort because of the sheet structure, and amending it would have taken as long as manually formatting the relevant cells. So I was thinking of how to do it. I was thinking of a conditional format of any cells containing the string. But non-numerical (or non-formula) conditions don't appear to be possible. Could anyone tell me if and how it is po...

HOW DO I SET UP EMAIL FOR 2 USERS IN SEPERATE VIEWS
can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as well as his and can view only his emails. Help!? A good reference site is http://www.scicable.com/identities.htm . Hope that helps. James <nikinahnah@bridge-of-love.com> wrote in message news:0d3501c4a648$c8062ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband > comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? > my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as ...

Opening emails
I have managed to change this before but cannot find where this would be done. When looking at new emails in the preview pane (not opening the email) and then switching to another email, it automatically becomes "Read". How to I go about changing this? I remember when I managed to do it before it had reference to the time spent looking at the email. Thanks for your help Freddie Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Reading Pane... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook F...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

email in html
How do I keep from getting incoming email in html format? You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JR asked: | How do I keep from getting incoming email in html format? ...

email forwarding (results in two forwarded emails)
Environments is as follows Single Domain spanning two sites SiteA - Combined Exchange 2003 Server + 2003 DC Server (Just recently migrated from 200DC + Exchange 5.5) SiteB - Two Separate Exchange 2003 and 2003 AD DC A number of the accounts belonging to SiteA Admin Group have automatic forwards to external emails with a copy stored in the mailbox. When these accounts are sent external or emails from SiteA all is fine, however emails sent from users in SiteB results in two forwarded emails. It appears SiteB takes it on itself to forward the email to the external address, and the...

Word as email editor causes CPU hangs after SP2
Many people I know have been experiencing the problem of CPU "hangs" in Outlook 2003 with XP SP2. These CPU hangs immedaitely stop if you turn OFF Word as your email editor. The problem is: we want to use Word as our emial editor. Has anyone discovered the cause/fix for this issue?? I would suggest disabling word add-ins (adobe.... ) I think this is probably the problem "BDW" <bdwhitney@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:UpGdnU7hcPEP6PTeRVn-ow@adelphia.com... > Many people I know have been experiencing the problem of CPU "hangs" in >...

Sending Emails at a set time
Hi I frequently write a number of work related emails over night or in the early hours of the morning, and whilst I have been sending them, I am finding that some of my recipients are just block deleting overnight emails as the majority are usually spam. ( that's the other emails, not mine ) Is there some way I can progrmme them to be sent at say 10.00, so that they will not get mixed with the overnight onslaught please ? Many thanks David David Hicks Consultants Ltd Industrial Roofing & Cladding Consultants "david hicks" <david@dha-ltd.co.uk&g...

email & word
Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability to open email attachments. -- Thanks aWebParson Do you mean you no longer get attachments or you can't open them? What program do you use for email? What message do you get? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "awebparson" <awebparson@charter.net> wrote in message news:10ai59ur26h5t0e@corp.supernews.com... > Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability > to open email attachments. > > -- > Thanks > aWebParson > > ...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

email addy with permanant subject line
Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a permanant subject line using contacts or? I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one email address; %FlashGet% -dl URL thanks Bob Leanin' Cedar <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote: > Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a > permanant subject line using contacts or? > > I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one > email address; > %FlashGet% -dl URL You could create a draft message with the recipient and subject you want. -- ...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Missing pictures from emails
Hi, When I send an email in Outlook containing pictures in the text body, some recipients receive OK others are missing the pictures. Anyone know why this happens an what can be done so that all can view the pictures? Thanks. what message format? if you attach them, do they arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Email Addresses in Outlook 2000
I have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 for my email program. However, it seems that the addresses are still connected to the OE format (right click on properties, the OE window appears). I believe that this causes some confusion as to the Name lists. For example, everyone with Jr., Sr., or other title is listed by that letter. Please explain on converting to reflecting the Outlook format. Thanks, Glen What mail support mode did you install? Internet Mail Only mode still uses the Windows Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Glen Raggio" <gmra...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

Retrieve
Hi how do i retrieve all the postings i have posted in this group. sometimes forget of where i posted my i will be glad to get to know how to pull out my own questions cheers Click on your name to view the profile...Then click 'Recent posts by this user' http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a&mid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Amin" wrote: > Hi how ...

Custom number format displaying thousands
If anyone has any potential solutions to the custom number format below I would be very grateful. If the two number formats below are applied to the numbers displayed in the 'Actual number' column, the output as shown in the columns 'format #1' and 'format #2' are given by Excel. The output I want to achieve is shown in the final column. Has anyone got any suggestions how i might achieve this? format #1 = [>500]#,##0,_);[<-500](#,##0,); format #2 = [>500]#,##0,_);[<-500](#,##0,);- Actual Number Format #1 Format #2 What I want -501 (1) (1) (...

sends the same email several times
my recipients are getting several copies of the same email I send Help "PJ" <PJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9C90285-B85C-4FEF-BDCE-A267A9428735@microsoft.com... > my recipients are getting several copies of the same email I send Help Are the emails normal small mail or do they have large attachments? If the former then check that you do not have your account set up more than once, Tools Menu>Accounts. If the later then is WM set to break apart messages larger than a certain size? Check for this on the advanced tab of your...

Date formating for sorting
I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. If it is possible, I want to sort the column by year first, then month & day. Is that do-able? Thanks in advance. That's the way dates should be sorted. Maybe your data isn't really dates???? Or maybe you just need to specify ascending or descending???? - Butch wrote: > > I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have > formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc. &...

multi smtp email address
i've some users associated to more than one email address; when i try to send a new email, it always is sent by default user email address, but i need to send mail from all user email account, how can i do ? thanks Nathan You could create additional mailboxes for that user, and get them to use the From field in Outlook. There's also an event sink called 'ChooseFrom' here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.html that will do this on the server side. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "nathan&quo...