How do I make a column be my default column in Access

I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right
not it defaults to my items field.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

me.controlname.setfocus

or in macro

GoToControl "controlname"

Bonnie
http://www.dataplus-svc.com

michelle wrote:
>I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right
>not it defaults to my items field.

bhicks11
12/6/2009 9:15:52 PM
Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form
design view.
--
Frank H
Rockford, IL

"michelle" wrote:

> I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right
> not it defaults to my items field.

Make Default

Sharepoint 2.0 Access Request error
Out of the blue about 3 weeks ago my Sharepoint server on SBS 2003 started throwing an Error page: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource. Access requests are not enabled. I have searched for a solution and have tried the steps in KB 823278, as I cannot access any pages with any user ID. The page http://server/_layouts/1033/user.aspx, returns a page not found error. I am totally stumped and have absolutely no idea where to go at this point. Can any point me in the right direction? Thanks, Greg ------=_NextPart_0001_9F5...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Rename the a column title
Hello, I want to rename the title of the "Task Name" column. I looked in the help and the provided solution was that I have to hide the column, then insert it again, and in the "Column definition" dialog box enter the desired title in the Title field. This works, however I noticed something funny. In the Field name list of the Column definition dialog box there is no "Task name" column, but only "Name". As the latter contains the same information as the first one this is not a big deal, but what should I do if I want to insert the same old &q...

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 03-02-04
Hi everyone, I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM 1.2 - all the prereqs are installed, the installation wizard runs smoothly but at the very end it fails due to the following (from the log file): [16:53:11] ===========>Database Creation Step [16:53:13] Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases. [16:53:15] ===========> Microsoft CRM Server setup completed: 3/1/2004 16:53:15 : 0x80004005 I've checked all the postings as well as the knowledge base and it seems that noone has ever had this exact error. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Sarah ...

"Access is denied" error in Outlook 2007
Hi, I get an error message when trying to open web-links contained in any message in my outlook 2007. I have just upgraded from OL2003 and previously had no issues. I cannot find anywhere to modify the security options for this. If I click on the link a second time, I am prompted to choose a program to open the file with, and if I choose my web browser it's OK, but this happens with every link I get. I am running WinXPPro SP2, no google desptop installed, C.A. 2008 FW/AV/AS. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Bubba what exactly does the error say? (many dialogs can be copied as text) ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

redirecting OWA default website
Can anyone tell me of any possible drawbacks in the future of configuring the default website for OWA to automatically redirect to the /exchange virtual directory? for some reason typing /exchange to the OWA url was an issue, so I was asked to make http://mail.mydomain.com automatically redirect so OWA would load normally then. I did this a while ago and it works fine, but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any headaches in the future. Todd "Todd Seagraves" <nospam_todd.seagraves@gbe.com> wrote in message news:i3f%c.17652$8X2.13382@newssvr22.news.pro...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Resequence Columns ?
I have some speadsheets that are pretty big. Lots of sheets, lots of VBA macros that manipulate the data, etc. The thing is that after using the spreadsheet for several months, and gradually adding more VBA subroutines to get it to do more and more, I'm now somewhat smarter about how I should have structured the individual sheets to start with. Too late smart... I would like to add a new column at the left edge say. All the reprogramming and debugging that would require is just too ugly to contemplate however. So my question is whether it is somehow possible to add a new column at th...

Stacked Column Chart Challenge
I need to creat a stacked column chart, but need the columns to be one in front of another, vs either stacked next to one another on top of one another. The closest I have come is to do the chart in 3D and pivot the corners of the area so the columns are mostly one in front of another. Have run out of ideas and not coming up with a good solution - any suggestions? Thanks If they are one in front of the other, they are not stacked. Make a clustered column chart, then format one of the series and play with the Overlap setting. 100 means they overlap 100% and thy are perfectly aligned....

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Align Clustered Column Chart Category Axis Labels
I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series. Instead of the category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark? In other words, I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column when the gap width is set to zero. Thanks for your help. Stephanie, You can do so by setting up a dummy X axis. This example explains how to put a colored quadrant together. You will specifically want to use the X axis techniques that are described in the example. http://www.pel...

Automatic column deletion
In a nutshell, is there any way to have a column delete itself automatically based on established parameters...specifics follow. I am running Excel 2002 SP2 I receive an excel spreadsheet feed from an external source. The feed consists of everything shipped out of a distribution warehouse to all locations it ships to in the world. The material is supposed to be segregated by destination. That is; the contents of each container is supposed to be destined for only one location. The contents and its destination are burned onto a Radio Frequency (RF) tag, which is used for tracking the shipm...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

Trying to sort data into multiple columns on the report.
Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the columns: 1 7 13 2 8 14 3 9 15 4 10 16 5 11 17 6 12 18 The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple pages is unacceptable. The list will be printed. Thank You. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201003/1 Hoardling1 via Ac...