How do I get rid of blank pages between each page of reports

I am having a blank page put in between each of the pages of my reports and
it is throwing off the next page layout, how do I get rid of these blank
pages?
--
Allen
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Most likely the design width of your report slightly exceeds 8-1/2" minus
the left margin minus the right margin you have set in Page Setup. This will
cause a blank page between each of the pages of your report. Decrease the
design width of your report or set your left and right margins smaller.

Steve

"Allen G." <AllenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a blank page put in between each of the pages of my reports and
> it is throwing off the next page layout, how do I get rid of these blank
> pages?
> --
> Allen

0
Steve
4/8/2010 10:50:07 PM
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:33:01 -0700, Allen G. wrote:

> I am having a blank page put in between each of the pages of my reports and
> it is throwing off the next page layout, how do I get rid of these blank
> pages?

The usual cause of blank pages in a report is that the combined width
of the report plus the width of the left and right margins is greater
than the width of the paper.
Either make the width of the report shorter or decrease the width of
the left and right margins, or both.

If you can't drag the right edge of the report towards the left you
probably have a control (usually a line) extending to the current
right position. It can be just at the extreme top or bottom of a
section which means it is going to be hard to see in Design View.
Use the Object drop-down control to highlight each line in turn until
you find the culprit. Reposition it or make it shorter, then drag the
right edge to the wanted size.

Another possible cause is the length of the report is too long. Make
the Top and Bottom margins smaller and make the length of the report
shorter.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

INDIRECT function returns a zero instead of a blank
Hi, I'm using the INDIRECT function to allow me to plot a series that spans several worksheets, as suggested here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html My problem is that whereas some values are actually zero, others are blank; INDIRECT displays both as zero values. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? You could have something like: =IF(your_formula="","",your_formula) Hope this helps. Pete On May 14, 12:42 pm, Paul <paulmjk...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using the INDIRECT function to allow me to pl...

print the tracking page
Windows XP Office 2003 Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab when I shedule meetings? When I try to do this, the "Appointment" tab shows up as the page being printed...??? Any suggestions? Thanks, Lou Sanderson only with a screen print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

invoking outlook from web page
Is there any way to invoke outlook client from a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook client from an incon in it.Please help. thanks in advance vikrant singhai wrote: > Is there any way to invoke outlook client from > a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using > HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook > client from an incon in it.Please help. Ah, the famous Indian IT experts raising their towelly heads. No wonder I feel like trampling the phone everytime I'm getting transfer...

Crystal Report Writer Needed for Central Florida Assignment
A Central Florida client has about 300 Crystal reports that need to be modified in the next 3-4 weeks. We are looking for a consultant that can be onsite to work with the clients for testing and approval. If interested, email a brief resume on you, availability information, and rate requirements to me at rwhaley@ibgnet.com -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

Recurrence Report
I Want To Create a Report Based of a Query, That Automatically filters out projects for that week, So i thought i could use the "RecievedDate" Field. Is it Easy to do, The Report will be printed every Friday Afternoon and it shows all the projects from the Monday to that Friday? How can i do this with out having to type the dates in every week? Regards Dan <The Report will be printed every Friday Afternoon> If this is ALWAYS true, then use the following for your criteria: Between DateAdd("d",-4,Date()) And Date() PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource Fo...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

how can I find out trace dependents on other pages
I want to find out trace dependents, how can I find out trace dependents on other pages? -- PETER After clicking Tools > Formula Auditing > Trace Precedents/Dependents, if you were to double-click on the dotted arrow that points to a mini sheet icon, that'll bring up a "Go To" dialog to navigate to either the precedent(s) / dependent(s) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Peter" <peter.oellinger@t-online.de> wrote in message news:7280B569-F4B6-4EB4-A79A-6852BAF7949E@microsoft.com... >I want to find out trace depen...

Blank Pages in Benefit Self Service in Bus Portal 3
We have installed the Microsoft version of Benefit Self Service on BP 3 for GP 9. When we go to the setup windows on the HR center or try to access the existing benefits or open enrollment pages, we get the header data at the top but the page is blank. Has anybody encountered and, hopefully, solved this issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Poor quality printing report with photo
Access 2007 - I am using an attachment field to link to a photos. I have tried jpg, png and tif format. All are good quality in the Report View and Layout View, but in Print Preview they have jagged red streaks through the photo and print with those streaks on most printers. i have found one printe that for some reason seems to print the report ok, but it doesn't handle the paper we want to use. Anyone have any idea or have experience a similar occurance. If I embed the photo it works ok, but makes the database huge. "Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Get photos from a camera