How do I fix this?

I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar
and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't
get the Tool menu back.
Help Please.
Thanks
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hold down the Shift key when you open your database.

Rob

"Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu
>Bar
> and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I
> can't
> get the Tool menu back.
> Help Please.
> Thanks

0
Rob
1/27/2008 6:52:17 AM
Hi Ayo,

Close Access. Then hold down the Shift key and re-open your application.
Keep holding down on the Shift key the entire time, until your application is
fully opened. Unless you previously disabled the Shift bypass key, which I
doubt, this should work for you.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html

"Ayo" wrote:

> I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar
> and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't
> get the Tool menu back.
> Help Please.
> Thanks
Even if the Database has User and Group protection setup?
"Tom Wickerath" wrote:

> Hi Ayo,
>
> Close Access. Then hold down the Shift key and re-open your application.
> Keep holding down on the Shift key the entire time, until your application is
> fully opened. Unless you previously disabled the Shift bypass key, which I
> doubt, this should work for you.
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar
> > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't
> > get the Tool menu back.
> > Help Please.
> > Thanks
Yes....unless you, or someone else, has specifically run code to disable the
Shift Bypass key in the past. In this case, hold down the Shift key after
entering your correct Username and Password. Keep it held down while the
database opens. You must, of course, have design permissions for your
username.

"Ayo" wrote:

> Even if the Database has User and Group protection setup?

Yes, hold down the Shift key after entering the username and password.  As
Tom says, this will work unless you have disabled the Shift bypass (you
would have had to do that via code, probably from an external database
application set up to do that).

> Even if the Database has User and Group protection setup?
> "Tom Wickerath" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ayo,
>>
>> Close Access. Then hold down the Shift key and re-open your application.
>> Keep holding down on the Shift key the entire time, until your
>> application is
>> fully opened. Unless you previously disabled the Shift bypass key, which
>> doubt, this should work for you.
>>

>> Tom Wickerath
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
>> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>>
>> "Ayo" wrote:
>>
>> > I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the
>> > Menu Bar
>> > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I
>> > can't
>> > get the Tool menu back.
>> > Help Please.
>> > Thanks

0
Rob
1/27/2008 7:20:55 AM
Thanks Rob.

"Rob Parker" wrote:

> Hold down the Shift key when you open your database.
>
> Rob
>
> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu
> >Bar
> > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I
> > can't
> > get the Tool menu back.
> > Help Please.
> > Thanks

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

Duration fixed and Work fixed
Hello, I need to do one taks with "duration fixed AND Work Fied" is this possible ? I need that dont move duration and work but units be variable.. I cant. Sorry my english and thanks in advance, Christian W Christian W -- No, you CANNOT fix both Duration and Work. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03...

Fixed Asset addition cost in Financial
Hi, I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after this i run gl posting to refelect the cost in gl. but its in not doing. Regards asad Asad, Drill down on the asset cost amount in the book window. Check the period for which the cost was added. Make sure you specify that period when you run the interface to the gl. "Asad" <Asad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5036E88C-012D-4BD6-9301-67F8A7B7FCFE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after > th...

Field Services Hot Fixes
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a place within GP 7.5 which lists the last Field Service hot fix installed? -- Thank you, Jessie I have passed your question on to two of our members who are the most knowledgable about hot fixes. I have asked that either they repsond to you directly or get back to me if they have an answer. Meanwhile, as a fellow user of Great Plains and the Field Service modules, we are putting together a list of other users who might be willing to share their expertise, experiences, ideas, problems, etc. with other Field Service users. For those of you who m...

Fixed width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? The data I would like to parse is in the following format: INTEGER HEXADECIMAL_NUMBER DATE TIME TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT The first 4 fields are fixed width and the subsequent fields are different length but comma delimited (with space after the coma). I n...

copy a fixed asset
We would like to copy a fixed asset, with all of its history, from one company in GP to another. Is there a utility I could use to do this? I don't think there is a utility to do it. You could copy the data using SQL, but it is risky. There are a lot of fields that will not contain the same linked data. There are only a couple tables that contain the asset and the transactions. You would likely be better off entering the new asset and then running depreciation on it to a current status. Make sure that all records are interfaced to the GL before you run the depreciation. Then...

Woried about this fix
Could a hacker simulate what MS has done with this fix to purposely lock users out of their money data? It was an inside job. Can a hacker get inside. Of course, but why worry about it. Let microsoft worry about it. They have the burden of security. It could just as easily be a disgruntled employee as a hacker, but again, you can only worry about that over which you have some control. Make your backups, take your chances. -- William L. Oppenheim, M.D. woppenhe@ucla.edu "shawn" <shawn at att dot com> wrote in message news:u1NTwkldEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Co...

Using mousewheel to scroll through non-fixed part of sheet
Hi all, I have fixed the first 30 rows of my sheet and would like to use m mousewheel to scroll through the non-fixed part of my sheet but Exce won't let me. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance -- Pantryma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pantryman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32012 How did you "fix" the first 30 rows? Selected A31 and Window>Freeze Panes? The general Freeze Panes rule is..........

Easy fix for KB863109 / TechKnowledge Doc 36846
The problem occurs when a user accidentally enters a payables invoice date that is way into the future or past (such as 1/1/1805). When you attempt to post the check batch the difference between the document date and system date exceeds the integer datatype and you get an error. The document date field does give a wayning that a date is not in an open year, but it allows you to continue. The system should further check if a date would result in > 32767 (integer max?), and not allow such dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Fixed Asset Class Report
Does anyone know how to run a report that will show all of my fixed assets classes and associated lifes, etc? I appreciate the help. Go to the Book Class Setup screen and click on the printer icon. "Todd" wrote: > Does anyone know how to run a report that will show all of my fixed assets > classes and associated lifes, etc? > > I appreciate the help. > > Thank you. I was actually looking for one report that would have everything on it. If anyone know, please let me know. Thanks "Steve Chapman" wrote: > Go to the Book Class Setup screen ...

Two other Money "issues" I'd like to see fixed before I die
Env: M03 on WinXP Pro After I enter my paycheck, the Forecast Cash Flow reflects two, three, four, five, sometimes maybe even six, times the regular transfer from my paycheck to savings for all future paychecks. Looking in the forecast transactions, there they are: multiple instances of this transfer on the receiving side each week. For some reason, it doesn't reflect multiple occurrences on the sending side. If I edit the scheduled paycheck, retype the exact same amount for this transfer, then save the "updated" scheduled paycheck, Forecast Cash Flow sanity returns. So, every w...

Are fixed units really fixed?
Hi all, Our shop uses MSPS which is integrated with MOSS. If I set a task to Fixed Units (a % of total resource utilization across all PM's), then the resource updates their time in MOSS and then I accept the time against the schedule, the resources utilization on the task moves from the original % designation. Shouldn't the other variables change and leave the Units fixed, as designated? Also, using server is there a way to set the resource allocation at the project level instead of the task level? When I go to enter at the project level I get a message saying someth...

Uppercase only fix and prevent
I have an Access 2003 database. There is one field which must always be all uppercase. I have just discovered that about 3500 records have been entered in mixed case. Is there a way to automatically change the case without the need to retype manually? And is there a way to prevent this from happening so that no matter what is typed only uppercase will be entered into the field? Thank you One complete fool wrote in news:i7f4b390p911inq30i82m5vbigsid7l1lv@4ax.com: > > I have an Access 2003 database. > > There is one field which must always be all uppercase. > > I h...

Employer Maximum Benefit based on % of Deduction that is fixed amo
If you have a benefit that is a % of a deduction and that deduction is a fixed amount, the benefit's employer maximum is grayed out. It would be helpful to have the benefit's employer maximum available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:/...

DST Fix for SP1?
I'm in an environment with Server 2003 Enterprise & Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1. My store version is 6.5.7226.6. I've seen a 'hotfix' for SP2 that addresses the Database mount failure due to event ID's 9518/9519. Does this affect SP1? Also, I thought I saw this somewhere but can't find it now. After you apply the Windows 2003 DST patch, does it restart the store? Or is the store only restarted when the Exchange 2003 DST patch is applied? Thanks, Matt On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:23:53 GMT, "exx" <exx@telus.net> wrote: >I'm in an environ...

fix site
I created my web site using FrontPage from Microsoft's Office2000 Premium pack.It's a site that doesn't have any bells or whistles and I'm happy about that. The problem I've got is I've added some new stuff and the heading is just showing a small red cross when you check it out on the internet, but it's perfectly alright when I use the internet browser and look at the actual FrontPage document. How do I fix this problem? The site address is www.thelyrics.dabsol.co.uk This is a newsgroup for the Outlook product -- you'll want to repost your question in a F...