How do I display search terms in report?

Hi,  I would like to know how to include my query parameters into my
report.  For example, if I search a flower database for "pink" and
"blue" I'd like a report which gives me all the corresponding flowers
and specifies which for search term each was found.  (ie. rose- pink;
lilac- blue; etc)  Thanks!

0
Reef81
6/4/2007 5:16:57 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On the form you use to open the report, create an unbound text box
called "txtParameters".  Set txtparameters.visible=false
Use code to fill in the value of txtparameters as the user chooses
what they want a report of.

Create a control in the header of your report.  Bind the control
source to: "=Forms!YOURCALLINGFORMNAME.txtParameters" (without the
quotes).

You'll have to work out the specifics of coding the programmatical
part of filling in txtParameters.

Good luck,

~J

On Jun 4, 1:16 pm, Ree...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,  I would like to know how to include my query parameters into my
> report.  For example, if I search a flower database for "pink" and
> "blue" I'd like a report which gives me all the corresponding flowers
> and specifies which for search term each was found.  (ie. rose- pink;
> lilac- blue; etc)  Thanks!

THANKS!!!

0
Reef81
6/4/2007 8:14:07 PM
You should try to base your query criteria off a form instead of typing the
criteria directly into your query.  Then, the criteria line of your query and
a text field on your report can be based off the same unbound field on a form.
Like:   Forms!frmReportMenu!Customer
(where Customer is an unbound field on the form frmReportMenu)(

Your form can then also include a button to preview the report so that the
query is not actually ever opened by the user.

"Reef81@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,  I would like to know how to include my query parameters into my
> report.  For example, if I search a flower database for "pink" and
> "blue" I'd like a report which gives me all the corresponding flowers
> and specifies which for search term each was found.  (ie. rose- pink;
> lilac- blue; etc)  Thanks!

How do I search and replace text in a textbox in Excel?
How do I search and replace text in a textbox in Excel? Try the replace function: Ctrl + H -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385050 It doesn't work for me when I am in an active textbox. Does it work for you? "Morrigan" wrote: > > Try the replace function: > > Ctrl + H > > > -- > Morrigan > ---------------------------------------...

Dual Displays

Non-Delivery Reports for External email senders
My Exchange 2003 Server only sends NDRs to internal email senders. External email senders who mis-type email addresses get nothing delivered back. My Bad mail folder is empty but the mail queue is full with stuff trying to leave the server. How can I make the external mail servers get their non-deliverable reports. I have Recipient policy set to check users in active directory and enabled in the SMTP virtual server. Make sure everything is enabled, use this article as a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294757 Nue "David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Folder could not be displayed

MO Traveler Report\Phantoms
GP 10 with Manufacturing I have a finished good BOM that contains a handful of components and 5 sub-assemblies. Of the 5 subs, 4 are phantom and one is a regular BOM. All of my components are set to issue from “Stock” and issue to “Assembly”. The primary routing for the FG has 3 labor sequences (WC: Assembly > Tune > Test). When I create a Manufacturing Order and then print the Traveler Report with Components, I am not getting everything I would expect to see on the report. I am not seeing the components of the Phantom Sub Assemblies. Shouldn’t I see these items? Also, one ...

crystal report error 07-14-04
when i try to open a built in reports witch come with CRM it gives an error "Object doesn't support this property or method " the page of the report is displayed and the tools above appear normaly but in the body of the report the page is blank and this massage appear "Object doesn't support this property or method " anyone have an idea or saw this before? thanks in advance ...

CRM 1.2 Reporting Tools Hell
Hi We have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on CRM 1.2. We worked fine for a couple of reports but then we received a memory instruction error. We checked many similar problems posted on Google and opther sites and it seems there is no solution As CRM 3.0 will use SQL Reporting Tools we decided to start using this tool with CRM 1.2. We Installed SQL Reporting Services as an alternative, but when the IIS web directory is activated CRM is giving an error. When we stop the SQL Web site CRM works fine This is frustrating ... Please advise -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant Di...

Searching sub folders in a Public folder
I have a user that wants to search through sub folders in a Public folder, but the option to search the sub folders is ghosted out. Can this check box be unghosted out? This check box is located under: Advanced Find, Browse. Thanks, John Though modern exchange servers seem to support recursive search folders, the option is disabled in exchange public folders and can not be enabled. There is no way for turning this on. Maybe it is disabled to prevent a few thousand users in a big Exchange installation to search through all folders at the same time. There are some applications which ...

Display Time in Outlook

Stapling Reports
Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj=F8rn A bit printer-specific, no? Most printers don't even do stapling. "Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185866091.590436.146060@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj�rn As Baz points out, stapling is a function of the printer....

How to select & display distinct values

Linking linked sub reports to a linked Report
I have a report, report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked report of Report A, located in folder B location. I have a sub report, sub report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked sub report of sub report A, located in folder location b. Linked Report A works to an extent when its in Location B, but all of its sub reports are not working. (Error: Subreport could not be shown.) When you go into sub report A in location B and run it as a "report" and it works just fine, so the report works, it just doesn't like being a linked sub report ...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Maximum of tables that allow to link a report in Report Writer?
Which is the I number maximum of tables that allow to link a report in Report Writer? 15 "Richard Padilla" wrote: > Which is the I number maximum of tables that allow to link a report in > Report Writer? > > > ...

Layaway report #4
I might just be missing it, but does RMS/HQ have a report which gives a date of payments a customer made on his layaways? They don't show up as purchases. Also, I'm looking for a report which would give me inventory valuation as of a certain date (like 12/31/07). A couple of taxing authorities need that information! Jennifer This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01C8C24B.D14142F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jennifer, http://tinyurl.com/42qqo for Layaway Payments includ...

GRNI report not balancing with GL
Anyone else had a problem with the GRNI anaylsis report not balancing? ...

Stop displaying a line

Money 2002 Monthly Reports
I am running win xp, money 2002 and whenever I go to run a monthly report I get a popup that states Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. It then has a checked box for Restart Microsoft Money and gives me options to Send Error Report or Don't Send. I have already tried the -s trick but still have the problem. Thanks for the help. Ryan Davis had this problem a couple of times - each event differant issue. First time: I recovered by going to the lastest backup I had available. Second time: I discovered when the report ...

Report Generator Recommendations
Hello, I have a VB6 DB Application which I distribute to customers that do not have Access on their machines. They are asking me for the ability to print reports of the data that our software shows them on the screen in various datagrids What would the group recommend? I need to be able to redistribute the reporting capability with my VB application and it must be able to run without the user having MS Access on their machine, and I would like an easy to use interface for my creating the reports. Crystal? or something else?? Thanks for your recommendations/tips/advice AK ...

Problem for generating Trial balance report (GP10 sp3- upgrded frm
When I am printing a Trial Balance report (Report > Financial>Trial Balance), getting an error “[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drover] [SQL Server] An explicit value for the identity column in table '##0185624' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.” Please help me to solve this prob. Stop and start your SQL Server service, then attempt to run the report again. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogs...