How do i create a Function procedure that calls the Sub procedure

I have a working sub procedure, it is called: Sub SendMessage()

I do not know to much about VB so details would be appreicated.

I am trying to create a macro that kicks off this sub code (procedure) when
the DB is opened from a Windows Scheduled Task.

Thanks,

Raymond
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Change the Sub into a Function.

You can then use RunCode in your macro to fire it off.

"Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a working sub procedure, it is called: Sub SendMessage()
>
> I do not know to much about VB so details would be appreicated.
>
> I am trying to create a macro that kicks off this sub code (procedure)
> when
> the DB is opened from a Windows Scheduled Task.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raymond

0
Allen
10/18/2007 4:42:26 PM
Specifically, you use the RunCode action in the macro (let's call it
AutoRun) to run the function.  In the command line, you use the /X switch to
run the macro:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE C:\My
Documents\RemoteMacro.mdb /xAutoRun

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

> Change the Sub into a Function.
>
> You can then use RunCode in your macro to fire it off.

> "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a working sub procedure, it is called: Sub SendMessage()
>>
>> I do not know to much about VB so details would be appreicated.
>>
>> I am trying to create a macro that kicks off this sub code (procedure)
>> when
>> the DB is opened from a Windows Scheduled Task.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Raymond

0
Roger
10/18/2007 6:37:18 PM
Thank you. That worked

"Roger Carlson" wrote:

> Specifically, you use the RunCode action in the macro (let's call it
> AutoRun) to run the function.  In the command line, you use the /X switch to
> run the macro:
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE C:\My
> Documents\RemoteMacro.mdb /xAutoRun
>
> --
> --Roger Carlson
>   MS Access MVP
>   Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>   Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
> > Change the Sub into a Function.
> >
> > You can then use RunCode in your macro to fire it off.
> >
> > --
> > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> > Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >
> > "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have a working sub procedure, it is called: Sub SendMessage()
> >>
> >> I do not know to much about VB so details would be appreicated.
> >>
> >> I am trying to create a macro that kicks off this sub code (procedure)
> >> when
> >> the DB is opened from a Windows Scheduled Task.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Raymond

calling a public function correctly
I can’t figure out how to run this for the life of me. Trying to run a function that updates the combo boxes for all open forms. Here is what I have with asterisks marked on what I think is the problem line. Have tried many permutations and gotten all sorts of new and exciting errors but none that has worked right yet. Sub AllForms() Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject ' Search for open AccessObject objects in AllForms collection. For Each obj In dbs.AllForms If obj.IsLoaded = True Then *******What goes here to call the r...

create a roster

how to call drawitem() function in ower draw Clistbox
Another question about ower-draw listbox: I created an ower-draw Listbox and override the drawitem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) function. Is there any way to refresh the listbox by calling DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) after the user click on a button? Thanks, Eileen > Another question about ower-draw listbox: I created an ower-draw > Listbox and override the drawitem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) > function. Is there any way to refresh the listbox by calling > DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) after the user click on a > button? > Ca...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

simple yet nagging issue with functions and "format cells"
i'm sure this is a really simple issue...my knowledge of excel is not comprehensive, it's all self-taught and very specific (i.e. i have a great deal of knowledge on some stuff and other stuff i've never used). i have a spreadsheet with five worksheets in it, and it's not letting me type in any functions or alter the formatting of cells. essentially the sticking point is there is a column of zip codes that has lost its leading zero, and i'm trying to either concatenate it with a leading zero or change the box format to zip code. no luck on either. if i type in any formula,...

How to create pie chart with %

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

when form created

MULTICONF-08 Final call for papers
MULTICONF-08 Final call for papers The 2008 MULTICONF (website: www.PromoteResearch.org ) will be held during July 7-10 2008 in Orlando, FL, USA. We invite draft paper submissions and the deadline for paper submission is very close. The event consists of the following conferences. * International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognition (AIPR-08) * International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Control Systems (ARCS-08) * International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics and Chemoinformatics (BCBGC-08) * International Conference on Enterpris...

Set Function Keys
Hello All! I'm trying to set the function keys with me.KeyPrewiew and on KeyDown. I realized that it doesn't work all the time, because of the default settings. for example F1 key will display Help many times, even I set it to something else. Is there a way to set the vbKeyF1 or the rest of the keys, and disable the default setting? Thanks in advance Abe The KeyDown event of the *form* should work (with KeyPreview on.) To suppress the normal use of the key, destroy the keystroke with: KeyCode = 0 If you wanted something application-wide (not just for one form), you could...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

need opposite of MODE function in Excel
How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of numbers? This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds the most common occurrence. For example, a column of numbers contains; 2 4 5 2 4 2 MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence. I want to know that "5" is the least common occurence. Obviously, my column contains many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count them. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks. Hi Kevin, You can do that with the Frequency function. data freq bins 2 0 1 ...

functional level
Do I have to raise my functional level to 2003 in my domain in order to install exchange 2003! Or could I do that after? What is the best approach? Thanks in Advance "Juan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Do I have to raise my functional level to 2003 in my >domain in order to install exchange 2003! Or could I do >that after? > >What is the best approach? > > >Thanks in Advance You can run E2K3 in W2K Mixed mode if you want. The Windows mode doesn't have much of a functional bearing on the operation of Exchange. If you'v...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...