how do I convert an Access 2000 file format .mdb file to

How can I convert an Access 2000 database file format (I have Access 2003 and
Access 2007 on my IBM laptops) to be able to be read on a Macintosh computer?
 Is there Access for the macintosh?

thank you!

Craig

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/Office2004andAccess.doc

Here is your answer. Sorry you should return your mac and get a good PC.

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:36:01 -0700, Craig <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How can I convert an Access 2000 database file format (I have Access 2003 and
>Access 2007 on my IBM laptops) to be able to be read on a Macintosh computer?
> Is there Access for the macintosh?

You can't, and there isn't.

You can export the *DATA* from Access tables into 4th Dimension or FileMaker
Pro or another database program available on the Mac, but the forms, reports,
and other application features will need to be redone from scratch.

Or, you can use Windows emulation on the Mac machine (at some cost in
performance).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Help with programming Access 2003
I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like to have a feature like an autonumber for sorting the movies in their cases. I have the movies broken up into A(dult) and K(id) I would like to have the autonumber have either the a for adult or k for kid then the number. However I have no idea on how to achieve this....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help On Dec 18, 7:22 pm, samurai71 <samura...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like > to have a feature like an a...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Convert Access97 to 2000

ADSL - WIFI
NETWORK: Conexant ADSL SOHO Router 4 Port Switch. DHCP=10.0.0.3 to 6, Fixed IP of 10.0.0.2 3Com WiFi 11b & 54g Fixed IP of 10.0.0.1, Currently No DHCP, No WEP, MAC Address selection SET to Users. ESSID not broadcasted. PC(1) Toshiba Satellite Pro - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Fixed PROXY set & WiFi 54g PCMCIA (Home Only) Currently IP=10.0.0.5,DNS=10.0.0.2 PC(2) Toshiba Portege - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Auto & Built in 11b WiFi = IP Auto, DNS Auto. Both XP Pro PCs belong to professionals set up on different Domains who only want to get wireless internet access not local network. DI...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

Excel not detecting that a file is currently being edited
I am having a problem with Excel files located on our NetWare 6 server. I am not sure if it is a NetWare issue or an Excel issue. If a user opens an Excel file with the edit password and then a second user open the same file, Excel does not detect that the file is already being edited by another. It allows the second user to enter the edit password and does not give the "locked for editing" dialog box. When either user trys to save changes to the file, there is a sharing violation. We are use both Excel 2000 and 2002 to edit the file. This problem has just started in the last few ...

Access DAO vs ADO Recordsets
I'm trying to optimize some Access 2002 code, and I've hit a stumbling block. We use Access as our frontend, and SQL Server as our backend. Here's a code fragment from the old implementation of a search for a specific record: ================================= ' Set focus to NdvID and search API_Sleep 200 'MsgBox "DoCmd.FindRecord " & vNdvID & "," & acEntire & "," & False & ", ," & False & ", ," & True Me.txtNdvID.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord vNdvID, acEntire, False, , ...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Hyperlinks in 2000
I am having a problem with hyperlinks in publisher 2000. I have check the help and it says to go to insert and then hyperlink only that option does not exist? Any ideas how I can create a hyperlink using 2000...Any help would be greatly appreciated. J That only applies in a web publication not a print publication. Either create a web publication or convert to web the print publication. And for future reference visit http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx &qu...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert