How do I change the name of Access 2007 Database?

Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can
anyone help?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can
> anyone help?

What is the error message you are getting?

navin
0
navin
11/22/2007 11:33:38 AM

"navin" wrote:

> On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can
> > anyone help?
>
> What is the error message you are getting?
>
> navin
> Thanks for fast response...
I'm not getting any error messages because I don't know how to begin to
change the names or delete the databases and cant find any help file that
tells me how.

LeRoy
On Nov 23, 10:34 am, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> "navin" wrote:
> > On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can
> > > anyone help?
>
> > What is the error message you are getting?
>
> > navin
> > Thanks for fast response...
>
> I'm not getting any error messages because I don't know how to begin to
> change the names or delete the databases and cant find any help file that
> tells me how.
>
> LeRoy

if you need to delete the entire database then just simply select the
database file and press delete or right click on the database and
select rename.

if you want to delete tables within the database, then open the
database and select the table you want to delete and press the delete
key.

HTH,
Navin
0
navin

Invalid Argument Access 2003
I get an invalid argument when I open my database. The database is the front end for a split database. I was working with some large imports. The file has swelled to over 2 GB. It should be around 50MB. I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the command prompt. I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB and repair/compact. I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a blank DB. However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors. When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist. I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and...

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

Synchronize Desktop Outlook to Outlook Web Access?
Using Outlook 2003 with Win XP SP1, latest updates to both. I just got a new e-mail address from work, which uses Outlook Web Access (Exchange server) for its web mail. Since the folders look similar to the Outlook folders in my desktop Outlook, I wonder if there is a way to synchronize the data between my desktop Outlook, and that on the web. In other words, to import the contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. from my desktop Outlook into the folders on the web. My Inbox as well. (I have several e-mail accounts, all going into one Inbox in my desktop Outlook. Of course, I think I can only a...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Money 2007 and investments
I recently changed to Money 2007 Deluxe. I have some investments at a certain company. There are three different accounts with this company. When trying to set this up, I entered one under the "new investments" tab and used the drop-down list in Money to select the company name. Later, I changed the account's name to "XXX investment at "YYY" company (I intended to do the same with the other two accounts). No problem there. However, when I tried to enter the second account from this same company, I got a dialog box stating that I already had an investme...

How to change icon for my application

Excel Pivot Items Using C#
I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. I have done this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g., PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other than PivotItems? Code for PivotFields, that works: IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields) pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value); foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs) { Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no va...

How to change newsgroup message font

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

icon changes with change of extension