How Best to Disable <ESC> Key on Form

My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In my
office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users at
any given time.
   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
        while they are entering data into this database.
        +  The users are using this database and another commercial database
            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC> key
            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these databases.

While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.

One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key is
hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.

What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?

MJ
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You could just enter the following code to your entry form:

Private EscapePressed As Boolean

Private Sub UserForm_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal
Shift As Integer)
    EscapePressed = (KeyCode = 27)
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
    If EscapePressed Then
        If MsgBox("Leave this form?", vbExclamation + vbOKCancel,
"Attention!!!") = vbCancel Then
            Cancel = 1
            EscapePressed = False
        End If
    End If
End Sub

Regards

JM

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> my
> office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> at
> any given time.
>   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
>   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
>        while they are entering data into this database.
>        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> database
>            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> key
>            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> databases.
>
> While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
>
> One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> is
> hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
>
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> --
>
> MJ

0
Joop
3/10/2010 9:58:53 AM
JM,

Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
defined".  What am I missing?

Thanks again for the inputs,

--

MJ

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:52:08 -0800, MJ <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>JM,
>
>Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
>debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
>defined".  What am I missing?
>
>Thanks again for the inputs,

Just use AS Integer - since you're using an Access Form rather than a
Microsoft Forms form (I presume).

You'll also need to set the form's KeyPreview property to Yes.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    If KeyCode = 27 Then
       'Debug.Print "Escape key pressed"
       KeyCode = 0  'Cancel the key stroke
    End If
End Sub

You will need to set the form's Key Preview property to True.

If you want the user to have options you need to insert something where I have
the commented out Debug.  Perhaps lines like the following

If MsgBox("Undo changes?",vbYesNo,"What?") = vbNo Then
    KeyCode = 0
End If

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

MJ wrote:
> JM,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
> debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
> defined".  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks again for the inputs,

0
John
3/10/2010 6:41:05 PM
John,

Thank you for your inputs, that fixed the compile error.

--

MJ

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:52:08 -0800, MJ <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >JM,
> >
> >Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
> >debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
> >defined".  What am I missing?
> >
> >Thanks again for the inputs,
>
> Just use AS Integer - since you're using an Access Form rather than a
> Microsoft Forms form (I presume).
>
> You'll also need to set the form's KeyPreview property to Yes.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

JM,

Changed the MSForms.ReturnInteger to Integer and fixed the compile error
(per John W. Vinson's suggestion) and set KeyPreview to Yes, but did not get
the results I was expecting.
1)  The KeyDown SP seems to have broken all movement from field to field on
the form.
2)  When <ESC> key was pressed, never got to the error message box.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thank you for your time and inputs.

--

MJ

"Joop Muis (@Home)" wrote:

> You could just enter the following code to your entry form:
>
> Private EscapePressed As Boolean
>
> Private Sub UserForm_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal
> Shift As Integer)
>     EscapePressed = (KeyCode = 27)
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
>     If EscapePressed Then
>         If MsgBox("Leave this form?", vbExclamation + vbOKCancel,
> "Attention!!!") = vbCancel Then
>             Cancel = 1
>             EscapePressed = False
>         End If
>     End If
> End Sub
>
> Regards
>
> JM
>
> "MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> > my
> > office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> > at
> > any given time.
> >   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
> >   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
> >        while they are entering data into this database.
> >        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> > database
> >            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> > key
> >            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> > databases.
> >
> > While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> > thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> > disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
> >
> > One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> > seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> > is
> > hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
> >
> > What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your assistance.
> >
> > --
> >
> > MJ
>

> .

John,

Your reply did get me "closer" to the the results I was looking for, but not
quite there yet.

1)  Your code for SR KeyUP with modification for msgbox...

     Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
         If KeyCode = 27 Then
            'Debug.Print "Escape key pressed"
             If MsgBox("     Do you want to CLEAR changes?", vbExclamation +
vbOKCancel, "<ESC> Key Hit...  What?") = vbCancel Then
                 KeyCode = 0  'Cancel the key stroke
             End If
         End If
     End Sub

     ... it recognized that <ESC> key was hit and got me to the msgbox
question, but it DID NOT prevent clearing of data already entered into the
form.

2)  Preventing the clearing of data entry is PARAMOUNT, so do you have any
suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks again for the help.

--

MJ

"MJ" wrote:

> JM,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
> debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
> defined".  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks again for the inputs,
>
> --
>
> MJ
>

> "Joop Muis (@Home)" wrote:
>
> > You could just enter the following code to your entry form:
> >
> > Private EscapePressed As Boolean
> >
> > Private Sub UserForm_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal
> > Shift As Integer)
> >     EscapePressed = (KeyCode = 27)
> > End Sub
> >
> > Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
> >     If EscapePressed Then
> >         If MsgBox("Leave this form?", vbExclamation + vbOKCancel,
> > "Attention!!!") = vbCancel Then
> >             Cancel = 1
> >             EscapePressed = False
> >         End If
> >     End If
> > End Sub
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > JM
> >
> > "MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > > My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> > > my
> > > office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> > > at
> > > any given time.
> > >   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
> > >   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
> > >        while they are entering data into this database.
> > >        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> > > database
> > >            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> > > key
> > >            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> > > databases.
> > >
> > > While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> > > thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> > > disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
> > >
> > > One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> > > seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> > > is
> > > hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
> > >
> > > What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for your assistance.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > MJ
> >

> > .

hi,

On 10.03.2010 06:52, MJ wrote:
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
I would take a look at the Form Undo event:

Private Sub Form_Undo(Cancel As Integer)

   Cancel = (MsgBox("Undo changes?", vbQuestion+vbYesNo) <> vbYes)

End Sub

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/11/2010 2:45:54 PM
Try moving the code to the KeyDown event instead of the KeyUp event.  Doing
that seems to work for me.  Evidently the undo takes place before the keyup
event occurs.

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)

MJ wrote:
> John,
>
> Your reply did get me "closer" to the the results I was looking for, but not
> quite there yet.
>
> 1)  Your code for SR KeyUP with modification for msgbox...
>
>      Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>          If KeyCode = 27 Then
>             'Debug.Print "Escape key pressed"
>              If MsgBox("     Do you want to CLEAR changes?", vbExclamation +
> vbOKCancel, "<ESC> Key Hit...  What?") = vbCancel Then
>                  KeyCode = 0  'Cancel the key stroke
>              End If
>          End If
>      End Sub
>
>      ... it recognized that <ESC> key was hit and got me to the msgbox
> question, but it DID NOT prevent clearing of data already entered into the
> form.
>
> 2)  Preventing the clearing of data entry is PARAMOUNT, so do you have any
> suggestions on how to do that?
>
> Thanks again for the help.

0
John
3/11/2010 2:53:56 PM
John,

That was it exactly!

I came to the same conclusion this morning after looking a little deeper
after reviewing your earlier inputs against JMs.  Already have the change in
place ready for release at COB this evening.

Thanks again for your inputs they helped out greatly!

--

MJ

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> my
> office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> at
> any given time.
>   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
>   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
>        while they are entering data into this database.
>        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> database
>            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> key
>            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> databases.
>
> While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
>
> One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> is
> hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
>
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> --
>
> MJ

0
De
3/13/2010 5:32:19 PM
hh,;,,,,ccc

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 17CABCBE-228A-4146-AD78-4D836D0A72FC@microsoft.com...
> My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> my
> office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> at
> any given time.
>   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
>   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
>        while they are entering data into this database.
>        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> database
>            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> key
>            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> databases.
>
> While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
>
> One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> is
> hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
>
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> --
>
> MJ

0
joelgeraldine

how disable msg: "Your files are attached & ready to send"
In Windows explorer when I want to e-mail a file, I right click on the file, select Send To and then Mail Recipient. In the resulting Outlook window, It always includes in the body of the e-mail: "Your files are attached and ready to send." How do I disable getting this message in the body of the e-mail. It really serves no purpose and gets in the way of any message I want to write. Thank you. Just delete the text & change the subject line - or instead of doing it this way, create a new message, and attach the file (browse to it). Andrew wrote: > In Windows explorer w...

Import New Table; Set Primary Key As AutoNumber
I've procrastinated long enough; I'm starting to learn Access now. I know a little actually, but not much. Anyway, I'm practicing with the NWind DB. I exported each table to an Excel sheet and then tried to import each Excel sheet to a new DB that I just created. A bit silly, but it's really helping me to learn. I though I had a handle on it, but when I tried to import the 'Orders' table, it comes in kind of weird. Under Field Name 'OrderID', the Data Type is Number, but I want it to be AutoNumber so I can create Relationships. I can't seem to ...

Please need help w/Form Code
I have a parameter form when I enter the data it puts the data in the first record it finds. How can I revise this to find the record I select and save the data to the specific records? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Private Sub cboMbr_AfterUpdate() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone rst.FindFirst "[ID] = '" & cboMb & "'" If Not rst.NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark End If End Sub Are the controls that you enter data into bound or unbound? -- Steve S -------------------------...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Move mailboxes
Hi all, I'm in the middle of migrating user mailboxes from e2k to e2k3. I have no problems moving mailboxes belonging to current users. I don't intend to (nor can I) move mailboxes belonging to disabled accounts to the new server. What I want to do if possible, it to move those mailboxes into .pst form. Is there a tool that can help accomplish this? and/or for those of you who have experience with this, what do you typically do with mailboxes that are disabled and you don't want to move to the new server? Thanks! use Exmerge, it should export the disabled account to .p...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Typing on Scanned Forms or Drawings
I've often wondered about this but have just now come on a need to do it. Is there anyway I can type information on a scanned form or drawing using Office. I don't seem to be able to make Word do it. Thank you. You can workaround in Publisher. Insert the form on the background (Master Page), use text boxes on the Publication page. You can do about the same in Word. Help will help. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jsquareg" <XXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:pu3lh5d9tamdj07k7d6ldormopktuoo9l5@4ax.com... > I've often wond...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Enable and Disable an USB port dynamically
Hello Group I'd like to enable and disable an USB port during operation of an application to prevent certain users to use the USB port for corrupting the system (USB sticks, viruses,...). Of course I don't want to reboot the system after a change. Is this possible? Regards Richie "Eunet Uhser" <eunet_uhser@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eboLu2sUIHA.4696@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello Group > > I'd like to enable and disable an USB port during operation of an > application to prevent certain users to use the USB port for corrupting > t...

How to execute macros from tool menu? Hot key or short cuts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to use tableinsertcolumnright many times Fortunately, "tableinsertcolumnright" isn't a macro, it's a command. (Macros can't be used in Office 2008 apps because there is no VBA.) You can add it to a toolbar in the Customize Menus & Toolbars dialog. I believe the info in Word Help should give you all you need to know. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <tonylanda@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb37c5.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... &...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

How to move to next cell by entering data-not using Enter key.
I am using ms excel to enter data, 1 for Yes and 2 for No, for 30 items/questions listed successively in column A. The data is the tallied on another excel page. However, I would like to have the entr of 1 or 2 provide the jump to the next cell down ( each time1 or 2 i entered) rather than have to always press enter key to go to the nex cell. Any ideas how to proceed -- johnexce ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Disable hard delete in Outlook
we need to recover some of the emails (from a particular date) from one of our users. The items that he sent to another user in our company. We took the following steps. 1. gave ourselves permissions to the users mailbox. went through deleted items. Nothing 2. since retention is set on the server to 30 days tried undeleting items. Again nothing found from that day. but previous and following days yes. 3. If we assume that the user was smart enought to hard delete his items so that they wont be able to be undeleted what steps to we take to prevent this from happening in the future I've...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

Disabling Word 2007 startup box
Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:46:02 -0800, Abi <Abi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow >box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. Edit the desktop shortcut to add a space and the characters /q at the end, after the closing quote mark: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" /q For more things you c...

How do I retrieve a lost product key number.
I lost my product key code number and I want install my microsoft office publisher into my lap top, how would I go about recovering my product key code number? All positive consideration will be appreciated. mhaighirtis wrote: > I lost my product key code number and I want install my microsoft > office publisher into my lap top, how would I go about recovering my > product key code number? > > All positive consideration will be appreciated. ================================= Belarc Advisor will create a system profile that may include the key. (doesn't work for all versi...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

calculate in form
work with Xp and Access2003 I want to do following In an Input form I want to check if some data aore correct. based on invoices I introduce the BasicAmount, the txes and the total of the invoice i.e. the sum of Basic + Taxes say i.e. 100 + 21 = 121 I intorduce the 100, the 21 and the 121. As matter of contol I compare the calculated sum of 100+21 and compare with the inputed 121. If there is a difference I show an error message. My problem is now that for SOME records the message appears although the 3 inputs are correct. As futher detail, all nummers are "single". I...

creating forms
Subject: creating forms looking to create a custom form See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Ruben.Torres" <Ruben.Torres@SupportX.com> wrote in message = news:C5DA9EFD2148@123456789.spx.com... > Subject: creating forms >=20 > looking to create a custom form >=20 >=20 > ...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...

best fit line
I have a line graph with 6 series plotted (I.e. 6 different lines--sales on y, months of x). How do i add a best fit line to the chart? When i select Add Treanline, it only lets you select one series (and I'm assuming the result you get is a linear y=mx+b line....i 'm looking for the best fit line for serveral series... Thanks. jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com since it is a line chart, there are several things you could try. If it is justified, you could generate an average of the data points for each x point and plot it. Make a trend line of the average th...

Excel e-mail hyperlink-how can I disable this auto feature
Using Excel 2000 (yeah, I know, get an update, but this is a government agency and is not an option at my level), is there anyway to disable the automatic creation of a hyperlink when entering an e-mail address. I know I can individually remove the hyperlink once the address is entered, but I'd like to universally turn off this feature. Can this be done. I saw a solution posted for Excel 2002, but that solution doesn't appear to be an option for autocorrect in Excel 2000. TIA, Rob ...

Disable Auto correction when replacing text
I trying to replace RAL with gRAL, but word automatically corrects to GRAL. I want to keep the first letter of the word smaller case rest Uppercase in Find and replace.How do I do it? Thanks Do you have "Match case" checked? If even that doesn't work, then type gRAL, copy it, and use ^c (Clipboard contents) as your "Replace with" text (you may want to enter "gRAL" as an exception in AutoCorrect first). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Raj" <Raj@discussion...