Help with printing one name on a report

On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner]
that has a row source
SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM
qryHorseNameActive;
And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I
only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box
My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I
can change selections to print a Report!
Thanks for any Help...........Bob

0
Bob
1/26/2008 12:38:39 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Bob,

What is the Record Source of the report.  Assuming your report is based
on a query, then I think all you will need to do is put a reference to
the combobox in the query, in the Criteria of the HorseID field,
something like this:
[Forms]![NameOfYourForm]![cmbHorsePlanner]

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

Bob V wrote:
> On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner]
> that has a row source
> SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM
> qryHorseNameActive;
> And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I
> only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box
> My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I
> can change selections to print a Report!
> Thanks for any Help...........Bob

0
Steve
1/26/2008 2:54:41 AM
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:38:39 +1300, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner]
>that has a row source
>SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM
>qryHorseNameActive;
>And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I
>only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box
>My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I
>can change selections to print a Report!
>Thanks for any Help...........Bob

Are you printing a Report (good) or a Form (less good)?
Is the "Print control" a command button or something else?
If it's a command button please post the VBA code in its Click event - it's
easy to include a WhereCondition to print just the selected ID.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/26/2008 5:01:12 AM
Thanks figured it out
Private Sub cmdHorsePlanner_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command12_Click

 Dim stDocName As String
Me.Dirty = False

    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptMonthPlanner", acViewPreview, ,
"[qryHorseNameActive.HorseID]=Forms!frmHorseCentre!HorseID"

Exit_Command12_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Command12_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Command12_Click

End Sub

Thanks Bob

> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:38:39 +1300, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner]
>>that has a row source
>>SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM
>>qryHorseNameActive;
>>And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that
>>only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box
>>My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so
>>can change selections to print a Report!
>>Thanks for any Help...........Bob
>>

> Are you printing a Report (good) or a Form (less good)?
> Is the "Print control" a command button or something else?
> If it's a command button please post the VBA code in its Click event -
> it's
> easy to include a WhereCondition to print just the selected ID.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob

sumifs help

Reports problem 04-11-05
I have run into this occasionaly where the reports seem to take a while to initaly load, sometimes they dont load at all. For example I will click on an activity report and sometimes after about 2 minutes it will load the inital unfiltered reports. Sometimes that same report may not load at all. It seems to happen too often to just be a little glitch. Is this normal? I've seen this problem too,.....its probably why Crystal is being dropped as CRM's reporting service. Its just very resource instensive...........anytime that happens, go into the CRM server, load the Crystal M...

two users on one computer
I have Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. I really want to separate my husbands emails from mine, so I created a new email account for him. How can I have his emails sent to a different location within Outlook? You need to create his personal username in Windows 7 so that he can manage his own emails and documents; and you can manage your own emails and documents. If you don't know how to create his own username then I suggest post your query here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads hth "karen" <karen@discussions.micro...

Help !

Help with this thing

Budget item not showing as 'budgeted' in Monthly Budget Report
When I run my "Monthly Budget" report, it is showing "Bills:Electricity" actual dollars of $212, and budgeted is $0. However, when I go to the budget, my regularly scheduled utility bill is clearly shown as budgeted at $225/month under the Bills:Electricity category, under the "Utilities" budget group. Why isn't the $225 showing up on the budget report in the budgeted column?? -mdb Not sure if this is the same thing, but in an earlier version of money, I had to go to the account setting (from which the bill was paid) and check some box that reference...

How do I display search terms in report?
Hi, I would like to know how to include my query parameters into my report. For example, if I search a flower database for "pink" and "blue" I'd like a report which gives me all the corresponding flowers and specifies which for search term each was found. (ie. rose- pink; lilac- blue; etc) Thanks! On the form you use to open the report, create an unbound text box called "txtParameters". Set txtparameters.visible=false Use code to fill in the value of txtparameters as the user chooses what they want a report of. Create a control in the header of your re...

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

How do give each datapoint a separate name/label in a scatter char
I am attempting to graph job growth and absolute employment (x and y axis respectively) for 64 cities. How do I put the city name next to that data point. For example, Atlanta has averaged 1.6% job growth and 37,000 new jobs per year. 1.6% is the x axis value, 37,000 is the Y axis value, but I would like to label the data point "Atlanta". This allows me to compare Atlanta's growth with the other 63 cities. Please let me know if this is possible. Check out Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). -- Reg...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Named Range
I'm creating a template in which a user can copy & paste their records and format it a certain way w/a macro button. One portion of the macro should create a named range for all records that appear in column J, starting at J4. However, as you can see from my code the marco is always going to name whatever is in between J4:J748 (this is how many records are in the document I am working with). I can't figure out how to fix it - any suggestions appreciated. Range("J4").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveWorkbook.Names.Ad...

Sorting Payables Cheques when Printing
In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to Number (the second choice). Is there a way to permanently set this without having to manually update it each time I enter the screen? Thanks Yes, you need to use VBA. Do you own Modifier? "Adam" wrote: > In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance > by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to > Number (the second choice...