Help needed with adding a record in a subform

I have created a stock control database and have a form with which to
view/add/amend/delete single stock items. On another tab of the form, I have
a subform which displays an audit table. What I am trying to do is create an
entry in the audit table every time the stock record is updated, bearing in
mind that several changes may be made to the stock item without leaving the
form. What is the best way to do this?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See:
    Audit Trail - Log changes at the record level
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html

"Rich Stone" <RichStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a stock control database and have a form with which to
> view/add/amend/delete single stock items. On another tab of the form, I
> have
> a subform which displays an audit table. What I am trying to do is create
> an
> entry in the audit table every time the stock record is updated, bearing
> in
> mind that several changes may be made to the stock item without leaving
> the
> form. What is the best way to do this?

0
Allen

sumifs help

Help !

Record auto numbering
I suppose I shouldn't be concerned, but my record autonumbering jumped from 135 to 432,233 when I was trying to copy and paste common info. Any way to reset? Access Rookie If the numbers don't have "meaning" nor need to be sequential, no problem. Actually if they needed to be sequential or have meaing, there would be a problem as autonumbers often aren't as you just found out. Still that is quite a jump. Copying and pasting can be a problem. It's better to import instead. You could empty the table, like exporting to Excel, then do a compact and ...

Help with this thing

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Form records has only 1 but should have many
I have a main form with a button when click will execute: Private Sub btnCreateEmployee_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, acWindowNormal End Sub Most of the time when the frmEmployee opens up will show only 1 record on the record selector. I need to return to the main form and click the button again to open up the frmEmployee again to see there are many records on the record selector, any idea? Alan, Try leaving out some of the arguments. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal This should do the trick. Also make sure there is not...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Money 2004 Deluxe/Recording Spin-Off
Hello, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? Many thanks, Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: >Hello, > >Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- >off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? > >Many thanks, > Go to the Merck investment details and choose "Record a spinoff" on the left. The details as to how much basis should be allocated to each is available on the web. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: > >>Hello, &...

adding combo to toolbar
Hi, I want to put a combo box on a toolbar. The following is my code. The combobox showed, but the size is not enlarged, it still the same size as other toolbar button. Can any one tell me how to fix this? Thanks int nToolBtnCnt = pToolBar->GetToolBarCtrl().GetButtonCount(); //convert last button to a seperator and get its position RECT lastBtnRect; UINT nID, nStyle; int nImage; pToolBar->GetButtonInfo( nToolBtnCnt-1, nID, nStyle, nImage ); pToolBar->SetButtonInfo( nToolBtnCnt-1, nID, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 160 ); pToolBar->GetItemRect( nToolBtnCnt-1, &lastBtnRect ); //expand the...

bcc help

Macro Recording Error
Word 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3 I have run into a (apparently) random, but recurring error while recording macros: The macro records without a Sub line, displays fine in the editor, but crashes Word when I click inside the editor window. Any thoughts? Error Info: AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 11.0.8313.0 AppStamp:4a793d83 ModName: vbe6.dll ModVer: 6.5.10.40 ModStamp:48a4b5d6 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00075b00 ...