Help Needed Badly - Database Crashed

I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and
am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am
getting the following errors

ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE

and another error I get is

PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE

Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.

Help needed extreemly urgent

Thank You
aamer
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Please Also Note Am Using Access 2007

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:08:02 -0800, Aamer <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
>my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and
>am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am
>getting the following errors
>
>ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>
>and another error I get is
>
>PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>

>Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.
>
>Help needed extreemly urgent
>
>Thank You
>aamer

eeeeuuuuwwwwwww... I've seen that error message. It's not good.

See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm for information and links.

If you don't have backups... well, now you know why it's essential to have
your databases securely backed up. I hope you'll be able to salvage something
but I'm not very hopeful.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

I exported this file in excel format and following is in excel file

"You do not have the necessary permissions to use the
'~sq_c~TMPCLP604171~sq_cTrans ID' object.  Have your system administrator or
the person who created "

"Aamer" wrote:

> Please Also Note Am Using Access 2007
>

> "Aamer" wrote:
>
> > I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
> > my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and
> > am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am
> > getting the following errors
> >
> > ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
> >
> > and another error I get is
> >
> > PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
> >

> > Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.
> >
> > Help needed extreemly urgent
> >
> > Thank You
> > aamer
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:08:02 -0800, Aamer
<Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You have piled error upon error. After a crash you NEVER operate on
the remaining files, only on copies thereof.
You might be able to open a copy of that file in Notepad and salvage
some data.
For the best data recovery service bar none go to www.pksolutions.com

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
>my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and
>am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am
>getting the following errors
>
>ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>
>and another error I get is
>
>PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>

>Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.
>
>Help needed extreemly urgent
>
>Thank You
>aamer
0
Tom
1/5/2010 1:49:04 AM
First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.

Decompile your database:
http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp

Download a copy of JetComp.exe:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956

Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
LoadFromText functions:

http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt

Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137

Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed - you
may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and recreate
the rest.

Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of saving
corrupt databases. Try this URL:

http://www.pksolutions.com
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
> my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and
> am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am
> getting the following errors
>
> ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>
> and another error I get is
>
> PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>

> Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.
>
> Help needed extreemly urgent
>
> Thank You
> aamer

0
Arvin
1/5/2010 2:08:00 AM
i geuess i am doomed
nothing worked

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
> make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.
>
> Decompile your database:
> http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp
>
> Download a copy of JetComp.exe:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956
>
> Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
> LoadFromText functions:
>
> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt
>
> Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137
>
> Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:
>
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>
> for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed - you
> may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and recreate
> the rest.
>
> Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of saving
> corrupt databases. Try this URL:
>
> http://www.pksolutions.com
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>

> "Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
> > my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and
> > am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am
> > getting the following errors
> >
> > ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
> >
> > and another error I get is
> >
> > PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
> >

> > Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.
> >
> > Help needed extreemly urgent
> >
> > Thank You
> > aamer
>

> .

That's why backups are so important. Very large files, like database files
are more prone to corruption because of their size. There are several
services that may be able to help you for a fee. Try using Bing to enter
"Access database recovery"
--

>i geuess i am doomed
> nothing worked
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
>> make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.
>>
>> Decompile your database:
>> http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp
>>
>> Download a copy of JetComp.exe:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956
>>
>> Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
>> LoadFromText functions:
>>
>> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt
>>
>> Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137
>>
>> Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:
>>
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>>
>> for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed -
>> you
>> may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and
>> recreate
>> the rest.
>>
>> Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of
>> saving
>> corrupt databases. Try this URL:
>>
>> http://www.pksolutions.com
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>

>> "Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have idea either it was virus or the power failure.
>> > my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone
>> > and
>> > am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and
>> > am
>> > getting the following errors
>> >
>> > ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>> >
>> > and another error I get is
>> >
>> > PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE
>> >

>> > Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data.
>> >
>> > Help needed extreemly urgent
>> >
>> > Thank You
>> > aamer
>>

>> .

0
Arvin

sumifs help

Help !

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Help with this thing

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...