HELP MATCHING PHONE NUMBERS ON VOTER LIST [combining lists from different sources] - 16146

I have two lists.

one list is a contact list of voters that voted in all the past 5
elections.  there are no phone numbers on this list (2226 records).

the other list a list of voters in general in the area.  this list
includes telephone numbers (23,214 records).

I got these lists from different people so 'John Smith' in list 1
doesn't have the same primary key as 'John Smith' in list 2.

What I'd like to do is have a list with all the records from list one
with the corresponding phone number from list 2.

i can manually look up people's names and addresses and cross
reference the data so i'm assuming there's an automated way to do it.

i'm trying to call only the voters in list 1..

is there a way to do this?

please help me... i have such limited time.  school board races are in
full swing..

thanks in advance

0
ciphersankofa
5/1/2007 4:33:01 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Between the two tables, how many fields contain identical information?
Does one have the name like "John Smith" and other other "Smith, John"?
Do they both have a lastname and a first name field with the exact same
info?  i.e. not "John R." and "John"

If the info in these fields is identical, create a simple query selecting
the fields you want from each table in your result, and matching the
identical fields, e.g.

SELECT RecentVoters.[Last Name], RecentVoters.[First Name],
RecentVoters.MoreInfo, AllVoters.Street, AllVoters.City,
AllVoters.PhoneNumber FROM AllVoters LEFT JOIN RecentVoters ON
(AllVoters.FIRST_NAME = RecentVoters.[First Name]) AND (AllVoters.LAST_NAME
= RecentVoters.[Last Name]);

If the Full name is used in one field:

SELECT RecentVoters.[Full Name], RecentVoters.MoreInfo, AllVoters.Street,
AllVoters.City, AllVoters.PhoneNumber FROM AllVoters LEFT JOIN RecentVoters
ON (AllVoters.FULL_NAME = RecentVoters.[Full Name]);

If you don't get about 2226 records in your result, then the names are
probably recorded differently in each table, have left the area, etc.  If
you get more you have duplicate names in your Voter lists.

Mich

<ciphersankofa@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two lists.
>
> one list is a contact list of voters that voted in all the past 5
> elections.  there are no phone numbers on this list (2226 records).
>
> the other list a list of voters in general in the area.  this list
> includes telephone numbers (23,214 records).
>
> I got these lists from different people so 'John Smith' in list 1
> doesn't have the same primary key as 'John Smith' in list 2.
>
> What I'd like to do is have a list with all the records from list one
> with the corresponding phone number from list 2.
>
> i can manually look up people's names and addresses and cross
> reference the data so i'm assuming there's an automated way to do it.
>
> i'm trying to call only the voters in list 1..
>
> is there a way to do this?
>
> please help me... i have such limited time.  school board races are in
> full swing..
>
> thanks in advance

sumifs help

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

Help !

Record auto numbering
I suppose I shouldn't be concerned, but my record autonumbering jumped from 135 to 432,233 when I was trying to copy and paste common info. Any way to reset? Access Rookie If the numbers don't have "meaning" nor need to be sequential, no problem. Actually if they needed to be sequential or have meaing, there would be a problem as autonumbers often aren't as you just found out. Still that is quite a jump. Copying and pasting can be a problem. It's better to import instead. You could empty the table, like exporting to Excel, then do a compact and ...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Restart existing page numbers in each section
I have a document that I have broken into 8 sections. It's a quick reference guide. Each section describes a difference procedure. I already have the headers and footers set up the way I want them, but I would like to restart the page numbers at 1 in each section. The online help suggests using Insert | Page numbers, but that repalces my existing footers. How can I leave my footers as they but only restart the numbering? Can I automatically cause page numbering to restart at 1 in all sections, including ones I might add later? Insert | Page Numbers is one way to g...

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

Suzanne's Page Number Scheme
I posted an issue several weeks ago and got a response from Suzanne re getting each odd page numbered sequentially as 1,2,3,4...... and not numbering the even pages. The field was {=({page}+1)/2} Next thing to try, how can I get a PageRef field to recognize the page number created from this scheme rather that the global (not sure if this is the correct term) page number, which includes the title page (it is not numbered). Basicall the third page is numbered 1, the fifth page is numbered 2, etc So if I insert a PageRef field in the thirteenth page and refer to the fifth page,...

CRM integration with MOSS: tracking emails in CRM stored in a MOSS list
Hello, I have a question concerning integration of MOSS and CRM, and I would like to ask your opinions on best ways of doing it: In my company, we are currently using Exchange public folders to receive emails with attachments from clients. We are planning to deploy both CRM and MOSS in our organisation. However, we would like to make use of MOSS libraries to store emails (in the same way we're doing with Exchange public folders at the moment), but ALSO make use of CRM to tag these emails with a tracking ID. Question: Can we combine these features? If so, what would be the best pr...

total number of characters in a cell
Is there a function that can count the total number of characters in a cell? Thanks The LEN function will return the total number of characters in a cell. E.g., =LEN(A1) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F6D1E31-CF16-4167-8F1A-B1F5152FD515@microsoft.com... > Is there a function that can count the total number of characters in a cell? > Thanks LEN() Note that this includes space and other non-printing characters. In article ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help