Help for a Beginner Among Beginners

Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
to ask)?

I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
dept.
We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
database
which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
populate
with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
server, and
all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
setup
a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
road.
However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
connection,
even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
connections, in
which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
the last few
sentences that we typed.

Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
the internet?
Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
just troll through
the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
way)?

Thank you very much for any help you can give!

0
NYA
4/18/2007 1:03:54 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If you think about it, the internet is waaaayyyy slower then the slowest LAN.
Even if you have high speed BroadBand.  LAN's these days run at 100Mb rates
and HS Internet is maybe 1.5Mb if it is a full T1.  The only way I know to
get acceptable performance over the Internet is to use a product like Citrix
http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/home.asp

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
4/18/2007 2:18:42 PM
if you're a newbie then I reccomend this:

a) avoid MDB like the plague
b) learn SQL Server
c) learn Access Data Projects
d) spit on anyone using MDB for anything

On Apr 18, 6:03 am, NYA Joe <ums...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
> a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
> to ask)?
>
> I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
> dept.
> We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
> database
> which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
> populate
> with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
> server, and
> all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
> setup
> a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
> road.
> However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
> connection,
> even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
> connections, in
> which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
> the last few
> sentences that we typed.
>
> Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
> the internet?
> Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
> just troll through
> the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
> way)?
>
> Thank you very much for any help you can give!

0
aaron
4/18/2007 2:18:57 PM
MDB doesn't work over VPN
use Access Data Projects, it works like a charm

On Apr 18, 6:03 am, NYA Joe <ums...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
> a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
> to ask)?
>
> I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
> dept.
> We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
> database
> which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
> populate
> with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
> server, and
> all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
> setup
> a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
> road.
> However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
> connection,
> even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
> connections, in
> which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
> the last few
> sentences that we typed.
>
> Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
> the internet?
> Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
> just troll through
> the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
> way)?
>
> Thank you very much for any help you can give!

0
aaron
4/18/2007 2:19:25 PM
I reccomend CraigsList.org for finding people.
concepts like 'the yellow pages' are 12 years obsolete

On Apr 18, 6:03 am, NYA Joe <ums...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
> a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
> to ask)?
>
> I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
> dept.
> We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
> database
> which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
> populate
> with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
> server, and
> all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
> setup
> a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
> road.
> However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
> connection,
> even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
> connections, in
> which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
> the last few
> sentences that we typed.
>
> Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
> the internet?
> Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
> just troll through
> the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
> way)?
>
> Thank you very much for any help you can give!

0
aaron
4/18/2007 2:20:26 PM
I explain why you can't use a vpn the way you descripte here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal//Wan/Wans.html

The above also expalins some of your possible solutions....

Just keep in mind that a high speed t1 line is 100 times slower then your
cheap-o office LAN...

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
4/18/2007 2:43:44 PM
you're full of crap kid, ADP works like a charm over VPN, WAN,
Wireless and the godddamn public internet

only fucking retards require people to use terminal server

seriously

MDB is crap
just move to ADP and your life would be much much much simpler

On Apr 18, 7:18 am, "ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" <u12102@uwe>
wrote:
> If you think about it, the internet is waaaayyyy slower then the slowest LAN.
> Even if you have high speed BroadBand.  LAN's these days run at 100Mb rates
> and HS Internet is maybe 1.5Mb if it is a full T1.  The only way I know to
> get acceptable performance over the Internet is to use a product like Citrixhttp://www.citrix.com/lang/English/home.asp
>

> NYA Joe wrote:
> >Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
> >a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
> >to ask)?
>
> >I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
> >dept.
> >We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
> >database
> >which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
> >populate
> >with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
> >server, and
> >all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
> >setup
> >a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
> >road.
> >However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
> >connection,
> >even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
> >connections, in
> >which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
> >the last few
> >sentences that we typed.
>
> >Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
> >the internet?
> >Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
> >just troll through
> >the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
> >way)?
>
> >Thank you very much for any help you can give!
>
> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

aaron
4/18/2007 4:45:52 PM

On Apr 18, 7:43 am, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com>
wrote:
> I explain why you can't use a vpn the way you descripte here:
>
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal//Wan/Wans.html
>
> The above also expalins some of your possible solutions....
>
> Just keep in mind that a high speed t1 line is 100 times slower then your
> cheap-o office LAN...
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com

0
aaron
4/18/2007 4:46:03 PM
Hello, for future reference, I went with a zero-cost workaround:
Use XPpro Remote Desktop to log in and run Access on the host
machine at the office, while the client works out of the office. You
might have thought, "duh...is that what you were asking?" Sorry
if I was not clear. I don't know if this will work at any great
distance,
but within the same town, it works great. The other minus is that
you need a host machine not doing anything else for the guys
logging in. This is definitely not a final solution, but should keep
us
going until the slow part of the season when we have the luxury
of upgrading to SQL server, or get someone to setup Windows Terminal
Services for us.

Thank you all on this site for your kind and generous attention!

On Apr 18, 9:03 am, NYA Joe <ums...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
> a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
> to ask)?
>
> I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
> dept.
> We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
> database
> which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
> populate
> with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
> server, and
> all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
> setup
> a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
> road.
> However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
> connection,
> even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
> connections, in
> which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
> the last few
> sentences that we typed.
>
> Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
> the internet?
> Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
> just troll through
> the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
> way)?
>
> Thank you very much for any help you can give!

0
NYA
4/24/2007 8:10:12 PM
NYA Joe <umster@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, for future reference, I went with a zero-cost workaround:
>Use XPpro Remote Desktop to log in and run Access on the host
>machine at the office, while the client works out of the office. You
>might have thought, "duh...is that what you were asking?" Sorry
>if I was not clear. I don't know if this will work at any great
>distance,
>but within the same town, it works great.

That's how I hit my servers in various locations even when a thousand miles away.
I've done it on dialup but it's definitely sluggish.

And there's no reason why, in the future, you couldn't add a second el cheapo system
and hit it.   You'd have to open different port numbers at the firewall and do a few
other similar adjustments.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

and I'll choose SQL Server Replication--- MSDE has _AWESOME_
replication capabilities-- over terminal session any day of the week

is terminal session going to work when your client is out at the job
site?

NYA Joe wrote:
> Hello, for future reference, I went with a zero-cost workaround:
> Use XPpro Remote Desktop to log in and run Access on the host
> machine at the office, while the client works out of the office. You
> might have thought, "duh...is that what you were asking?" Sorry
> if I was not clear. I don't know if this will work at any great
> distance,
> but within the same town, it works great. The other minus is that
> you need a host machine not doing anything else for the guys
> logging in. This is definitely not a final solution, but should keep
> us
> going until the slow part of the season when we have the luxury
> of upgrading to SQL server, or get someone to setup Windows Terminal
> Services for us.
>
> Thank you all on this site for your kind and generous attention!
>
> On Apr 18, 9:03 am, NYA Joe <ums...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, would anyone kindly point me in the general direction of
> > a solution to a very basic database question (I'm not even sure where
> > to ask)?
> >
> > I have a small consulting company of a dozen employees, with no IT
> > dept.
> > We have info from approx 1000 clients stored in an Access 2000
> > database
> > which is 10MB in size. A former employee made a simple form, which we
> > populate
> > with client info, and we just add records. The file is on a file
> > server, and
> > all 12 of us access it simultaneously. Recently, I hired a guy to
> > setup
> > a VPN, so that employees can add data to the database while on the
> > road.
> > However, it's very slow accessing the database through an internet
> > connection,
> > even through so-called high-speed broadband. Plus, we get "dropped"
> > connections, in
> > which we need to restart Access, or reconnect VPN, and usually lose
> > the last few
> > sentences that we typed.
> >
> > Question: Where do I go to get a database faithfully accessible over
> > the internet?
> > Is this an Access question? Is this a networking question? Should I
> > just troll through
> > the yellow pages (I've hired some really incompetent IT people this
> > way)?
> >
> > Thank you very much for any help you can give!

0
aaron
4/27/2007 5:35:32 AM
you should be using ADP

ADP works great over a VPN

terminal doesn't allow you to cut and paste from your desktop for example

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> NYA Joe <umster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello, for future reference, I went with a zero-cost workaround:
> >Use XPpro Remote Desktop to log in and run Access on the host
> >machine at the office, while the client works out of the office. You
> >might have thought, "duh...is that what you were asking?" Sorry
> >if I was not clear. I don't know if this will work at any great
> >distance,
> >but within the same town, it works great.
>
> That's how I hit my servers in various locations even when a thousand
miles away.
> I've done it on dialup but it's definitely sluggish.
>
> And there's no reason why, in the future, you couldn't add a second el
cheapo system
> and hit it.   You'd have to open different port numbers at the firewall
and do a few
> other similar adjustments.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
Aaron
5/7/2007 11:41:46 PM
Albert

you're mother fucking wrong kid

stay the fuck in the corner bitch until you learn ADP

wrote:
> I explain why you can't use a vpn the way you descripte here:
>
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal//Wan/Wans.html
>
> The above also expalins some of your possible solutions....
>
> Just keep in mind that a high speed t1 line is 100 times slower then your
> cheap-o office LAN...
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com

0
aaron

Charts, Help!
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to set the font size for the axis ticklabels to 6 for every chart in the active sheet. Sub SetFontSizeAllCharts() Dim myCht As ChartObject For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects myCht.Chart.TickLabels.Font.Size = 6 Next End Sub I get errors! Help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, The problem is that you are not including the Axes object. Explanation extracted from the help file: expression.Axes(Type, AxisGroup) Type Optional Variant. Specifies the axis to return. Can be one of the follo...

Displaying MailBox Help
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. Other people in my organization can access this mailbox just as d...

HELP: how to turn 1 DCOM service into cluster/replicated services
I have a massive DCOM service written in Visual C++ 6.0 + MFC that manages user logins & their sessions. When the service is running live, how does one upgrade it, without kicking the currently logged in users? Is it possible to replicate the service to implement resiliency & failsafe/faileover mechanisms? Would it have been better to implement a REAL client/server approach for multiple servers for resiliency & failsafe/failover mechanisms? >I have a massive DCOM service written in Visual C++ 6.0 + MFC that manages >user logins & their sessions. When the servic...

summing duplicate data (<--help a rookie please)
Hello - I have a table which looks like the following: PLU ITEM DATE SOLD 12345 BALL 3/7/08 6 56789 ROPE 3/7/08 8 12345 BALL 3/14/08 2 12345 BALL 3/14/08 9 67900 GAME 3/14/08 4 I am trying to create a query which will summarize each week, plu, sold; like this: PLU ITEM DATE SOLD 12345 BALL 3/7/08 6 56789 ROPE 3/7/08 8 12345 BALL 3/14/08 11 67900 GAME 3/14/08 4 However, I can't figure out how to SUM the SOLD column when the DATE is the same. The example above shows PLU 12345 on 3/14/08. Any suggestions? Thanks! Dan Dan wrote: > Hello - > > I have a table which looks like ...

Vlookup and Hlookup help
I have a situation where I need to lookup Product A but then lookup Company A in a column that changes. vlookup("Product A",A1:T25,hlookup("Company A",A1:T25,0)) but can't seem to get this to work. The vlookup area has Product A listed 5 times but Company A (horizontally is only listed 1 time). I hope this makes sense but I can't seem to get it to work. Example - my total for Product A and Company A should be $500 Company A Company B Company C Product A 0 100 0 Product A 0 100 0 Product A 0 100 0 Product A 100 100 0 Product A 100 100 100 ...

Help with Chart of Accounts
We are using GP 7.50 and have two questions: If I want to add one new natural code for each of my facilities. What is the easiest way to do this??? I have 500 locations that I need to create this one code for...I am finding myself just creating one at a time because mass modify is not helpful. Does anyone have any ideas of some shortcuts??? The second question is we have two databases created in GP. One is the test version and one is our live. I want to copy the chart of accounts built in the test version to be copied to the live version. Can someone tell me how to do this so that...

look up help
I have two sheet, one having part no and description and other having part no and quantity on hand. How can I bring quantity on hand to my sheet which have part no and description ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Say your part number and quantity are in Sheet2, columns A and B. Assume your part number and description are in Sheet1, columns C & D, and you want quantity on hand in column E. Then: E2: =VLOOKUP(C2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,FALSE)...

Please Help!!!
BARE WITH ME!!!! How can I block only the cell that contains the Formula but make it s they can keep inputting the daily numbers (I am sharing a spreadshee that multiple people input daily numbers into. The thing is tha sometimes they type over the cell that contains the formula that run the whole sheet) -- lucifug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lucifuge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3730 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57016 Highlight the whole sheet by clicking th...

Help needed with IF Function
Hi Can anyone help me with this function: I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of my truck inventory, as i add and remove Items i log it in my Palm and it updates various cells, In Stock, Used, Rec'd. I have a min value set in col E and if the value in col I is <= then he work ORDER pops in Order column. This work fine but i want to be able to see a different color for the OK or ORDER text: =IF(I28<=E28,"ORDER","OK") What I need to have happen is when the result that is generated is "ORDER" then the text "ORDER" will be red, BOLD wou...

Help with some logistics
I am trying to put together a worksheet to track properties that a company purchases. I use excel and do simple formulas and layout and have a few questions: The properties go through "flow" of processes and, at any given point, are in a "stage". In that stage there is some data that needs to be viewed but other data is irrelevant at that time (but still needs to be present). I want to be able to print out an "update sheet" that will print the properties out by stage and, in any given stage has the pertinent data in the print area. As i have only worked ...

NEW MS Office 2008 for Mac on NEW MacBook crashes on launch
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every application on my new Office:Mac 2008 Home/Student edition on a brand new MacBook is not working. It had a few days going strong then ceased launching and entered an error reporting loop. Everything I've researched says its probably due to older Office files, but there are none. Since I'm new to using Macs (unfortunately, not Microsoft) I'm hoping there is someone to help me out there. Strategies I've Tried: - Remove Office & reinstall, with & without restarts - Locate any word docs & d...

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...

Combo help?
I have put combo box control (from Forms toolbar) on worksheet. I have selected Input range from H11 to H15 and Drop down lines = 5. How can I make that starting index in combo is allways 0, so that none value is selected before I click combo? It would be nice to set this on workbook open, but I don't know how. Thank you. One way: Put something like this in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).DropDowns(1).Value = 0 End Sub In article <d4nl50$ito$1@ss405.t-com.hr>, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: > I hav...

Help with forwarders!! :(
Hey people... Two quick questions :( 1 - Our domain name is abc.com. If I need to setup an address "resumes@abc.com" to forward email to "chris@abc.com", how can I accomplish this without creating RESUMES as a user in AD?? THANKS!!! 2 - We are about to use Exch. '03 Standard. We have approx 40 employees who will be storing their email on their computers, NOT on the server. Should we worry about reaching the 16GB limit?? THANKS AGAIN!!! - Daniel 1. Create a Mail Enabled Public Folder with an Address of resumes@abc.com or create a secondary SMTP Address for re...

Help from mvps
I request all mvps please look into my question posted 2 days back named " macro to automise the task".Please help me to solve that problem with a detailed code. Send me a workbook with the download sheet and 2 or 3 data sheets and I will take a crack at it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FCEF782-BCD9-4514-932D-75DA1B57379D@microsoft.com... > I request all mvps please look into my question posted 2 days back named " > macro ...

Can someone PLEASE help me fix this
Somehow mostbody must have sent me something that has been taking my hotmail ( windows live mail ) contacts and sending spam to people on my contact list. How can I get rid of whatever it is? Download Malewarebytes and run it you have a Trojan or virus. http://www.malwarebytes.org/ -- Frank P. "Shep" <my@isp.com> wrote in message news:OJViZlswKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Somehow mostbody must have sent me something that has been taking my > hotmail ( windows live mail ) contacts and sending spam to people on my > contact list. Ho...

Thanks Jon for your Jan 2001 post......it helped me today!
Thanks for this Jon....... I found it doing a Google Search.....used it 21 times today. It works super. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 1. Robin Blackwell Jan 30 2001, 4:23 pm Hi all, I have a large number of Excel 97 Charts that are regularly updated from their corresponding Worksheets. I would like to include on the charts a text title from the Worksheet at cell A1. Is their anyway to link the cell to a text box on each Chart? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Robin 2. Jon Peltier Jan 31 2001, 12:27 am Hi Robin - Easy. Click on the title. Click in the formula bar, press ...

Help, linking doesn't copy over the text format???
I have a cell in excel that is linked to another cell in the worksheet. Though the value in the linked cell changes with any changes in the source cell, the text formatting isn't carried over. Does anyone know why or how to do this? To illustrate this, open a blank excel sheet and type "Microsoft Excel" in the first cell. Now underline just the word Excel in that cell. Now, link to this cell from any other cell on the worksheet and you'll see that the linked cell also shows "Microsoft Excel", but the word Excel is not underlined. Why does this formatting not carry ...

if then help please
I have three columns, B, C and D. In B I would have ranges such as 1-5 6-10 and so on. In D I would have yes or now, paid or not paid. I would kind of like it to be checked or not checked if possible. C must be something like "if B is 1,2,3,4 or 5, then xxx and if D is yes or checked it is a positive and if it is empty then it is a negative." I kind of have an idea how to do this, but nothing I try works. How do I accomplish this? TIA Steven "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the othe...

CountIf Function Help #3
Hi all, I'm been trying to figure this out for days... I need to take the following sales lead information and plug some data from it into the summary page as shown below... DATA EXAMPLE (Sales Leads): LEAD DATE SOURCE HOMEBUILDER ... APPT SET (Column A) (Column B) (Column C) ... (Column Y) 3/28/05 Homebuilder ASH N 3/28/05 Homebuilder ASH Y SUMMARY EXAMPLE: Builder YTD Leads YTD Appts ASH 43 CAC 33 CAL 8 COR 0 So basically, if the Homebuilder "ASH" has had a total of 6 Appts Set ("Y"), I'd ...

Help with Server network Layout!
Hi. Ive been having this on my mind for quite some time and I could really need some pointers. I built a network setup for a company. It consisted of two offices, both with high-speed internet connections (100Mbit fiber). A SBS2003 server was plaed at the main office. Remote office was connected to main office with VPN routers. It worked excellent! Now, some time later the company has be reorganized and geographical locations has changed. The server is now standing at a web host. Both offices has moved to new locations with poor internet connections (7Mbit) and BOTH offi...

Help
I have Exchanger server 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0, my clients are Outlook 2000, in a some mailbox there is a message that i can't delete, how can i delete this messages from the server? Thanks ...

CRM Customization help (grid display page menubar)
Hi all, What i need is to store a date value taken from user and pass it to all crm built pages and use it there. This needs to be done for a custom added entity. In detail i added an entity to handle payments for different clients. What i need is to add a button in the crm menu bar on the default grid display page for payments that would prompt the user for date and then set that date in the session or any place from where i can access it later in the input pages for pyaments. If there is an option available to add simple text field in the mebu bar that would be far better. any idea h...

Can someone help with a formula to calculate dates?
Can someone help with a formula to calculate ending dates? For example, I have a beginning date of 01/01/2006 and need to determine an ending date. I need to figure an input variable that has been selected - 12 months or 15 months. ie. if beginning date is 01/01/2006 - it needs to calculate 12 months from that date for an ending date of 12/31/2006. Is this a table and vlookup situation or a formula? On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:56:08 -0700, "SharonP." <SharonP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone help with a formula to calculate ending dates? > >For e...

percentage help
Hi Guys. I am trying to calculate a percentage increase based solely on previous and expected percentages. Out of 100% of all orders 20% of them are in system 1 and 80% in system 2. We currently have delays with a total of 13% of all orders within the systems. 4% of the delays are in system 2 and 9% of the delays are in system 1. In 4 months time we will be moving from having 20% of all orders in system 2 to having 60% of all orders in system 2. Based on this what % of orders will have delays and what will the split be. ---- Current usage delays Total % 100% 13% System 1 20% ...