Having trouble with an Access 2007 Report showing monthly totals with names.

I have a report that lists names and various items that were given to
them.  As well as any money given to them.

In my report, I have 2 group items:
   1. Client_Name
   2. Date_Given

The trouble with this scheme is there is no group totaling of the
Date_Given.  But when I change the first group "Client_Name" to
"Date_Given" then the monthly totals show correctly.  The problem now is
that the Client_Name doesn't show up for each of the line items.

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks so much for your help on this.
0
Dick
4/24/2010 6:35:22 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you are grouping on client name, you need to add a group footer for the
date and total the values for each client. If you want group totals for the
date, broken don by client, reverse these 2 groups.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Dick" <gpadick@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a report that lists names and various items that were given to them.
>As well as any money given to them.
>
> In my report, I have 2 group items:
>   1. Client_Name
>   2. Date_Given
>
> The trouble with this scheme is there is no group totaling of the
> Date_Given.  But when I change the first group "Client_Name" to
> "Date_Given" then the monthly totals show correctly.  The problem now is
> that the Client_Name doesn't show up for each of the line items.
>
> How do I fix this issue?
>
> Thanks so much for your help on this.

0
Arvin
4/24/2010 6:57:46 PM
Arvin Meyer [MVP] wrote:
> If you are grouping on client name, you need to add a group footer for the
> date and total the values for each client. If you want group totals for the
> date, broken don by client, reverse these 2 groups.
Thanks!  I will give it a try.
0
Dick
4/24/2010 7:31:28 PM
Arvin Meyer [MVP] wrote:
> If you are grouping on client name, you need to add a group footer for the
> date and total the values for each client. If you want group totals for the
> date, broken don by client, reverse these 2 groups.
Thanks Arvin.

That worked!

0
Dick

popularity of Access?
Team; has anyone done any serious reviews on the uptake of Access 2007? It seems dreadfully slow-- conversions; etc-- but I've got a dozen clients that insist on diving into it for the new Excel functionality. Do you guys believe that Access 2007 is 'a success'? Is it as popular as Excel 2007? Is it going to stick around- in it's current shape in the next release? It is an Access 2000 or an Access 2002? (in quality). Have you guys heard- in the real world- with what is happening with the next release? I've heard a lot of good stuff about Access 14... I've been wo...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Default view is set to show Reading Pane
This is set on all folders. At the moment I have been going to each individual folder and turning the reading pane off. Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders? Thank you. Kylie B Kylie B <KylieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This is set on all folders. At the moment I have been going to each > individual folder and turning the reading pane off. > > Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders? Use the techniques described here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

MS Access and using the Average function in a report
Help pleaes. i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please help me if you can -- Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare In any report or group (not page) header or footer, you can use a text box with a control source like: =Avg(DateDiff("d",[StartDate], [EndDate]) If you can't figure this out, then come b...

Question Z Report
What does "Debit Surcharge", "Deposit Made", "Deposit Redeeme" referrs to in the Z Report? Debit Surcharge: Amount of debit surcharge, Customers can receive cash back from debit card transactions. However, they may be charged an additional fee for this service. There can also be a surcharge for using the debit card. Deposit Made: Amount of deposits for layaways and work orders Deposit Redeemed: Amount for returned deposit "RicoTowers" wrote: > What does "Debit Surcharge", "Deposit Made", "Deposit Redeeme" ref...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

outlook.pst access denied
I am on a stand alone PC runing Windows 98. Outlook was running slow and hanging up trying to open a MS Word attachment. I shut down the system. It shut down cleanly and rebooted cleanly. However, when trying to open Outlook after the reboot, I receive an error message stating that the file Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/outlook.pst can not be opened. Access denied. Using Explorer, I am able to look at the properties for outlook.pst. It is a 90MB file and all appears to be normal. Any ideas? ...

Need value to show from a different table...
I have a form that has a data source of qry_login.I want to display a value from a table qry_SQLConnect called "SQLServerDB"I used the expression builder and came up with this, =qry_SQLConnect.SQLServerDB, but when I view the form I just get #Name?Can I have the form based on one source and a test box display a value from a different source?Any help would be appreciated!!!Kelvin Use the DLookup function:=DLookup("SQLServerDB", "qry_SQLConnect")-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no private e-mails, please)"Kelvin Beaton" <kelvi...

How do I set up a supply demand chart in Excel 2007?
I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart in excel 2007? http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ "Smiles" <Smiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26370E3F-915E-4757-A71E-CA1E9B393BBE@microsoft.com... >I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart >in > excel 2007? ...

Subform freezing i Access 2003
I have a client info table linked to about 20+ tables. One of linked tables stores sales data. I have a main form for the client info with about 20 linked tabbed subforms to the linked tables. The subform for the sales data table hangs when editing / entering the data. I tried placing a command button to save the data but everything still hangs. When I deleted it and replaced it on the form I got the message "The DOMENU option was cancelled" (or something to that effect) I cannot use a drop down button on the main form to search for another record. Is there a way t...

Outlook 2007 stops screensaver from running.
Hi Everyone, We currently deploy our screensaver policy via GPO. Some clients do not run the screensaver when, - Outlook 2007 is running or when the reminder window is open. However, this is only for a select few of clients (20) out of 150. I have been unable to find any similarities with the systems or config. Any suggestions? Thanks. I would look at the add-ins that have been installed. Some use "send keys" for certain functionality which emulates user interaction and thus prevents the screensaver from coming up. You can disable the add-ins via Tools->...

Checkboxes in Excel to Access
Hi All, I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated Thank -- rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table? -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Office/Access MVP> "rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > Hi All, > > I need to convert an Excel table in...

Access denied to 'c:\NewWeb\web.config'. when accessing OMA thru b
Pretty much out of the box 2003 exchange 2003 sp2; enabled global oma access and get the following .net error ?? Server Error in '/OMA' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access denied to 'c:\NewWeb\web.config'. Failed to start monitoring file changes. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Access denied to ...

Eployee Reviews Reporting
Im Looking for some help with printing a reoprt conserning employee reviews in the hr/payroll module. Completeing the entire window for both Employee mainanence and reviews the system isnt updating the employee status on the most recent review. However in the review window after bringing up the employee ID the review information is complete and up to date. In saying this while in the review window i want to pull a report of all the employees who have a due review in a months time. in creating the report GP will bring up some but not others causing peoples reviews to slip through the ...

Access between property pages
I have a property sheet with a bunch of property pages on. On some of them I have a TreeList control derived from CListCtrl. What I want to accomplish is this: When a user right-mouse-button-click's on a row in one of the TreeList's, he should have an option to create a new row in a TreeList located on another property page. Some information from the current row should also be passed to the newly created one. How should this be done? All my attempts so far has only resulted in "Fatal Error", "Illegal use..." and so on. Urban Olars wrote: > I have a pro...

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Printing a Report on a command button
Hello all, I am needing some help with a piece of code I have. The code prints a report on a printer that is not the default printer set on the PC. The issue I have is the database window is hidden and when they click the button to run this code is appears. How do I get it to not appear? Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers("DOWNSTAIRS BIZ HUB") DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptEntry", True DoCmd.PrintOut Set Application.Printer = Nothing Thanks in Advance, Aaron Try this: Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers(...

Access 2000 Help vs Access 97
I've finally upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2000. Lots of new features made it well worthwhile except for the Help in Access 2000. What happened to it? I've read the blurb on the MS KB but there is nothing like as much help as on 97 whether or not you try to read the Help article with a Module . I wanted to look up the sytax for using the Between (with two dates) operator in a module rather than digging out my notes. Although the title came up in the wizard (it didn't appear in the Index at all) with the title Between...And (Microsoft Jet) when I clicked on it, I was told that t...

Weird characters and missing Calculated Fields
Could you please advice me how to fix the 2 problems in GP10 Report Writer. I have 2 modified reports -- one of them the Calculated Fields are missing, and the other modified report where the Calculated fields' name have weird characters. Please find the below links show the 2 screenshots of the 2 problem issues. http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4149/20091005missingcalculat.png http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6564/20091002specialcharacte.png Did this happen as part of an update? If you export the report(s) to a package file and then open it up in Notepad, are the fields still missing...

Need help on accessing attributes from AD
Hi, We are using the EMDS provider, a third party provider, to read attributes from Quest Active Roles Server(ARS) in our application. And one amongst the attributes in ARS is a milti valued virtual attribute. We have the vb script for accessing the same. but we are unable to convert into ..net equivalent code. Has anyone tried reading the multi valued virtual attributes in .net? Vb Script set objUser = getObject("EDMS://" & user) objUser.GetInfoEx Array("edsvaMDMRole"),0 arrRoles = objUser.getEx("edsvaMDMRole") for each rolevalue in a...

Form coding access 2003 to 2007
Hello comm I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I open the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field CodSigCat This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007? Many thanks Option Compare Database Option Explicit Function CodSigCat() As String CodSigCat = Me!Prov & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Cant & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Dist & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Bloq & "" CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Sect & "" CodSigCat = CodSi...

Excel 2007 files not opening properly..
I have Office 2007 installed.. the one that doesn't come with Outlook. So, I'm still using Outlook 2003. When I double click an XLS file to open it, Excel opens and the file never opens. I have to goto FILE, OPEN, then hit CANCEL and the file will display. This only happens for Excel. Word 2007 works fine. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it did not fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? We have Office 2007 on a few computers and I'm the only one with this problem. I found a fix for the problem, which seemed to...

"554 <name1-name2@bluewin.ch> Relay access denied." Email didn't.
I attempted to email a friend in Switzerland at: "name1-name2@bluewin.ch" (I actually used a hyphenated name rather than name1-name2.) This is a new computer and new email address for my friend. The email was returned as undeliverable with this notation: "554 <name1-name2@bluewin.ch> Relay access denied." What does this mean, and, more importantly, what must I do to successfully transmit email to this address? Thank you. Jim A relay is often presented by an SMTP Gateway that is trying to pass on the message to another Gateway/Mail server. What you want to ...

Flash on Access form
I need some help with flash actvex When I put a swf on access form the animation dont play seamless. The animation runs slow-slow-slow-normal-normal-fast-slow-fast- normal... Like if the fps was inconstant. *Forgive my english On 19 mar, 11:17, Neviton <nevito...@gmail.com> wrote: > I need some help with flash actvex > When I put a swf on access form the animation dont play seamless. > The animation runs slow-slow-slow-normal-normal-fast-slow-fast- > normal... > Like if the fps was inconstant. > > *Forgive my english If Im in a really wrong newsgroup... sorry but....