Grayed-out printing on report (preview and print)

I have a new user with a Dell Pentium 4, XP, Dell all-in-one 922 printer.
When she previews or prints any report from my program, it shows as though
there were a "greyed-out" option in effect, and the width of the report is
chopped on both sides.  She says that other printing (Word, Quicken reports)
does not do this.  She is using Access Runtime 2002.  Does anyone have any
thoughts on where to look for the source of the problem?  Is it a function
that is normally controlled by the printer driver?
--
Gordon Jones
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The default margins may be wider than your report. Likewise she may not have
the default printer installed in Access. Normally, the runtime should do
this for you, so you might suggest a reinstall.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Gordon Jones" <GordonJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new user with a Dell Pentium 4, XP, Dell all-in-one 922 printer.
> When she previews or prints any report from my program, it shows as though
> there were a "greyed-out" option in effect, and the width of the report is
> chopped on both sides.  She says that other printing (Word, Quicken
> reports)
> does not do this.  She is using Access Runtime 2002.  Does anyone have any
> thoughts on where to look for the source of the problem?  Is it a function
> that is normally controlled by the printer driver?
> --
> Gordon Jones

0
Arvin

Grayed out!
Hi: Everytime we open an excel file, the whole spreadsheet is Gray. Open a new doc, and it is visable. You can see that you are moving around the sheet in the name box on the formula toolbar, but for all intents and purposes, we can't see diddly. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements It is possible that all columns or rows are hidden. It is pos...

Movement Report Question
Is it possible to produce a report that shows when items were purchased and how much we paid for them without having to open up each individual purchase order? Prices in my industry change all the time and this would be very helpful. Any ideas? Our reporting add-in has that as part of the purchase orders report. http://www.savitas.net/pages/software/rmsreports/default.aspx You can see all purchase orders for the date range you choose, and then drill down to each line item to see the price paid. Please contact us if you have any questions. Best Regards Jamieson Gill www.savitas.net ...

A97
Hi Folks - on a specific report that has been running fine for a good long period, I have obviously made some change that has resulted in it printing a single blank page 'occasionally (and nothing else). Weird behaviour since its doesn't happen every time, and if I use print - and select Page 1 in the print driver - it prints fine. This behaviour is demonstrated on 3 different printers today so its obviously some change in the report that accounts for it. Any suggestions on where to check (I haven't made any format changes recently that might account for it - though there h...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

modify selection grayed out for all items in Customize dialog
Excel XP - can't change keyboard shortcut, name, etc. for any menu or button item in Excel. "Modify Selection" is grayed out without exceptions. Recent activity: Reinstalled Office XP and Downloaded Office XP service pack 3. Thanks for any input. ...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Running Reports
Hello all, I've created a report that has the information that I've selected in it and everything is fine. But there are times I need to print out one persons statement instead of printing the entire report over. I know that I could do a query, but I would like to use the format of my creadted report. Is there a way I can access my created report and have it give me the information I want and not have to run the entire report? If you can help me. I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you. Using a query will not change the format of report. Create the query. Open the re...

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

New columns on Purchase Order print
Hi All, I am trying to get the columns item.replacementcost & item.weight to appear on the Purchase Order printout for each line on the Purchase Order. Is this possible and what would be best way to do it? Many Thanks Matt HI Matty, you can use the following variable for printing the weight of item: Purchaseorder.Entry.UnitWeight Regarding the replacement cost I am trying to find and update you shourtly. "matty102" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am trying to get the columns item.replacementcost & > item.weight to appear on the Purchase Order printout for each...

Printing only selected records
Version: Access 2000 My company issues an updated telephone list monthly with hundreds of employees. So far I copy the original telephone list into a "clean" excel sheet. Then I create a linked table in my database so that my table is always updated. Table Name "TelephoneList" Goal: Create and print a report for the employees that I want. I don't need a 5 page telephone sheet. I want to be able to just check a box besides the names that I want. And of course every time the table is updated I don't want to recheck the same employees But I'm having trouble fin...

Hyphenation Grayed out
When selecting tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, unavailable for my use. Why? First click on the text box then go to the hyphen option. -- Don Vancouver, USA "ksf" <ksf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6BA233-578A-497D-9A04-A1B704141505@microsoft.com... > When selecting tools, language and hyphenation are grayed-out, unavailable > for my use. Why? > So simple, thank you. -- ksf "Don Schmidt" wrote: > First click on the text box then go to the hyphen option. > > > -- > Don > Vancouver, USA &...

Problems with printing

Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports
Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) - TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention. price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the report...

Gaps between Rows when printing
Hi. This may be an easy, easy fix, but I can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with rows that line up perfectly inside the worksheet, but when I print preview or print, there are gaps of space between the bottom of one row, and the top of the next one. I don't want that gap. Can anyone tell me why the gap is there and how to get rid of it? TIA I have no idea, but I'd try to rule out the printer as the cause first. If you use a different printer (or just a different printer driver with Print|Preview), do you still get that gap? If yes, then sorry. But if no, maybe...

Axes Location On Printed Page: Changeable ?
Hello: A bit new with this. Is there any way to move the axes (further to the left for the Y, and further down for the X) so that the graph uses more of the paper when I print out ? Seems that there is a lot of white, unused, space on the page. I would like the axes to be closer to the actual page margins. Thanks, Bob Hi Bob - We were all new once. Click on the plot area of the chart, so it is bordered by eight small black squares, or handles. Drag these handles until the plot area uses more of the space within the chart area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://...