Forms, tables, etc. open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar

Dear All

How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms,
tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista
taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise
Access 2003, regarding opening windows.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

0
Paul
6/13/2007 12:39:28 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Paul,

I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007.

You can have the objects open in separate windows within the object
workspace by doing this:
- Click the Office button
- Click Access Options (bottom left corner)
- Click Current Database category
- Under the Application Options section for the radio button called
Overlapping Windows under Document Window Options
- Close and reopen the database

This will, however, still only show one option the taskbar for the
application.

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni
SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft Corporation

Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

"Paul Smith" wrote in message:

> How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms,
> tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista
> taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise
> Access 2003, regarding opening windows.

0
Jeff
6/13/2007 3:13:23 PM
On Jun 13, 4:13 pm, "Jeff Conrad [MSFT]"
<UseContactF...@mywebsite.com> wrote:
> I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007.

Thanks, Jeff, for the information.

Paul

0
Paul

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Pivot Table question:
If I have a simple spreadsheet, with: acctNo Call Month Number of Calls 23142 Feb-2003 12 23142 Mar-2003 90 25943 Feb-2003 24 25943 Mar-2003 32 26044 Mar-2003 1 1260 Feb-2003 144 1260 Mar-2003 615 25828 Mar-2003 59 17688 Mar-2003 359 5235 Mar-2003 4 23042 Mar-2003 53 Then I can very easy generate a pivot table like this: Sum of Number of Calls Call Month acctNo 2003/02/01 2003/03/01 (blank) Grand Total 1260 144 615 759 5235 4 4 17688 359 359 23042 53 53 23142 12 90 ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

Calendar Access
I need to allow a user access to another users Calendar and Contacts in outlook. I only want to allow view only access. How would I do this? you can grant them "reviewer" on a per-folder basis... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:14A07F43-8D54-4F6E-B073-33624F36F30B@microsoft.com... >I need to allow a user access to another users Calendar and Contacts in > outlook. I only want to allow view only access. How would I do this? Hi, Thanks for posting here. Based on your description, I ...

i have problem code 646 windows update encountered an unknown erro
how to fix it ? Hello komang, > how to fix it ? Reading other posts, and searching Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. etc. When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed. Please do so next time. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> -=- Take a look at this post and see if it helps- <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Password not requestested for Exchange access
We have users that log onto one domain for most network access, but sometimes need to access their Exchjange data on a separate domain. For quite a while , when starting Outlook, it would require the user to enter their username, password, & domain - at this point they would enter the username information and alternate domain, and would then be authenticate. Now, some users (after supposedly changing nothing!!) are starting Outlook, and it is going to a blank inbox. When they click Send/Receive, it says they do not have access rights to the mail folders/messages. For example,...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Exchange 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain
Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to it http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.html. Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers? Thanks. On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server ru...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

opening csv file in regular excel format
i am using office 2003. i used to download csv files and open in regular excel formats...due to some problem i reinstalled windows xp and office 2003...now my csv files open with all values separated by commas and not as before... sould anyone highlight how to download csv files automatically in excel formats withouts commas? suresh babu,chennai,india -- sureshbabussb If the data has commas between each field and you want each field in a separate column, you'll have to make sure that your windows list separator is a comma. (Many places, this list separator is a semicolon.) windows...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Can I buy upgrade for works to get office etc
I was told by a local retailer that if I have a recent version of works all I need to do to get excel or office it to buy the upgrade. Is this true? tia Hi see: http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:07f401c4ac3c$dfc2d740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I was told by a local retailer that if I have a recent > version of works all I need to do to get excel or office > it to buy the upgrade. Is this true? > tia Most newer versions of Works and Wor...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

how do i find and open a template i developed?

removing windows multi boot.
for a while now my dads had his pc configured for multibooting by which i mean when he starts it up he gets a boot manager come up asking him whether he wants to boot into windows xp or windows 7, i have now just bought a new pc and he is going to have my old one so we need to remove the multiboot system, we ran windows 7 setup from the dvd and formatted the windows 7 drive yet windows 7 still appears in the boot list, how do i clear windows 7's entry from the boot manager so it just loads into xp without prompting the user to select an operating system? -- Stuart ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Windows Live Messenger-no send audio
Windows 7 installed, Windows Liv e Messenger 2009 (build 14) installed in Acer Netbook Aspire 751h-1948. After installing W-7 in this unit WLM worked fine for both video and audio. After a while it started clipping on both send and receive audio. I downloaded the recommended Realtek driver for the High Definition Audio Device which is 6.0.1.5854. After reinstalling it, there was no send audio. I see audio on the sound bar of the properties, I can record my voice and the far end will hear the recording, the mic level is set properly. To correct this problem, I have reinstalled WL...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

can not open excel file, too many different cell formats
can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message appears on my screen. the file contians about 85 work sheets Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Abdur wrote: > > can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message > appears on my screen. the ...