Forms and queries

I have a form with two subforms which are showing me the result of my
calculations.
subform 1 = yearly payment (the subform has always only one line)
subform 2 = Halfyear payment structute (this subform has always two lines)

I am using the form to write an offer (It's working perfect, but on the
offer the client sees the yearly payment and the halfyear payment structure).

I want to use the same queries to write the bill (on the bill should be
either the yearly payment or the halfyear payment)
So, I created two checkboxes Yes/No
One for yearly payment and one for halfyearpayment.

If I check for yearly payment, everything is perfect.
If I check for halfyear payment the query is not taking it (The checkboxes
in the query are not checked - I believe because there are two lines)

Does anyone have an idea how to solve that problem?
Thanks
Klaus
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You need to provide precise, concise detail of what you have and what you
are doing. Just for the record, "Queries" don't "write"... they retrieve or
manipulate data that is maintained in tables. "Forms" display to the screen
and accept input, but can be printed, though you probably don't want to
print forms; "Reports" can be previewed on-screen, but are primarily
intended for printing to hard copy (reports have additional capability in
the latest release of Access).

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

"Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form with two subforms which are showing me the result of my
> calculations.
> subform 1 = yearly payment (the subform has always only one line)
> subform 2 = Halfyear payment structute (this subform has always two lines)
>
> I am using the form to write an offer (It's working perfect, but on the
> offer the client sees the yearly payment and the halfyear payment
> structure).
>
> I want to use the same queries to write the bill (on the bill should be
> either the yearly payment or the halfyear payment)
> So, I created two checkboxes Yes/No
> One for yearly payment and one for halfyearpayment.
>
> If I check for yearly payment, everything is perfect.
> If I check for halfyear payment the query is not taking it (The checkboxes
> in the query are not checked - I believe because there are two lines)
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to solve that problem?
> Thanks
> Klaus

0
Larry

Query for latest salary
Hi, I have 2 tables with EmpID, Date and Salary. Can i make a query which will pick the salary with the latest date for each EmpID? Thanks in advance for any help Ramesh Thanks Maurice. How do i use the max function on both the tables? i need the latest considerign the union of the two tables. Ramesh "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9EB696E-0D13-4CCD-8B28-A0D73A593086@microsoft.com... > You could use MAX([Datefield]) in your query where datefield is the field > you > use for the date... > > Maurice > > &qu...

Open third-party form with VBA
Is it possible to use VBA to open a third-party form from a GP form? My specific example is I want to open a vendor cost inquiry screen that's in the Myridas dictionaries using a button on the GP Item Price List Maintenance screen. Is this possible? GP 9. Thanks in advance. -Joe Yes, it is possible. Add a reference to the Myridas project in your Dynamics GP project in VBA. Take a look at my 3-day VBA Workshop at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-week-free-visual-basic-for.html for the technique I used. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Glo...

Change Query Field Name
Hello, I have a query with the field name "LastName". When I pull a report and export it to excel at the top of the column it come out as "LastName". How can I change it in the query so when I export to excel the column heading says "Customer/Entity Name? Thanks!! Use an alias: SELECT LastName AS [Customer/Entity Name] FROM TableName; -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8C930C5-902F-415B-B3C9-F82BE6DF4FD9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a query...

web query on EXCEL does not work. Why?
In November 05 the link to the financial query in Excel stopped working. The error message says" ...unable to open http//investor.msn.com/external/excel....." I've tried it on several different computers. What am I missing? Not sure if it is just a typo but shouldn't > http//investor.msn.com/external/excel....." be > http://investor.msn.com/external/excel....." (ie a missing colon) -- JulieD julied at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au "jimf" wrote: > In November 05 the link to the financial query in Excel stopped working. The > error...

Creating a select query from multiple fields on the same table
Hi all, I've created a table for stores, the primary key is Store Name. I've created another table for input of deliveries to stores on an employee's shift. This is set up as Load 1,2 and 3 with Drop 1,2,3 and 4 in each load. Each drop is validated from the store name field in the store table. Each drop has an arrival and departure time. The relationship set up between the store and deliveries table is a one to many from store name in the stores table to the Load 1, drop 1 field in the deliveries table. The query i want to create is by store, summarising dura...

How do I set up a click "column title" and auto arrange data form.
Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to achieve. also post your question as body of the message and not as the subject title -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76EAD1F9-5D7E-4F7B-99C4-8B8991410FA9@microsoft.com... > ...

Exch2003: Query-based dist groups ?
Hi, I'm trying to set up query-based distribution groups on an Exchange 2003 server. So far no problems in collecting most of the data I need - but is it somehow possible to specify in the filter, that disabled accounts should be omitted from the distribution-group ?? /Brian ...

Auto fill form from a worksheet
Using Excel 2000 Professional for work I have a worksheet (Log) that has 7 columns, the first column is a list of pre-set numbers for reports. The second worksheet is an Incident report form. 6 of the 7 colums on the log are also on the report form. We open the log sheet which has pre set Report numbers, then fill in type of incident, location of incident, start date and time. Then open the report form and add the same information into the form plus more information not on the Log. Is there any way to link the 2 worksheets so as the information is added on the Log it will au...

Business Portal Query Security
I need to create payroll & HR queries for users, but I do not want them to have the ability to modify queries or to create new queries. Patti, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I wouldn't suggest tring to secure your data by not allowing users to create or modify queries. The best way to secure your data is through the data permissions. Only give users data permissions they should have. You can create new data permissions and take away properties if appropriate. Finally, BP has out of the box data permissions called "XXXX-Restricted Self". This means the user can...

"Query cannot be edited by the Query Wizard"
Hi. User gets the message, "Query cannot be edited by the Query Wizard" when editing a query. After clicking OK, MS Query appears and the query is editable. The switch that controls this option appears to be- Data Menu, Get External Data, New Database Query, checkbox "Use the Query Wizard to create/edit queries" at the bottom. This is checked. The problem follows the user to a different workstation as well. Thanks in advance for an advice. ...

Query
can excell make a query?please help me Look in Excel's On-line Help for the topic "Importing data with Microsoft Query" rindra99 wrote: > can excell make a query?please help me -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Form does not display all records in a table
2007 Up to date Recently inherited an Access database with 8 separate tables. A series of forms were developed to aid users to Add/Modify/Delete records. There is a table called "Utility Vendors" There is a form called "Utility Vendors" After activating the form, I have access to all the records in the table "Utility Vendors" except for one record. The fields in this record contain accurate data and the record is toggled "active". FYI, I did enter the data in the "missing" record directly into the table (not via the form) I do not bel...

Continuous Form Question
I have a continuous form that has HorseID,HorseName,ExpensesItem,ExpensesCost I have a combo box cmbsearch that shows HorseID,HorseName, that is queried to a query to only show unique Names How do I filter my Continuous form so as when I select a HorseID,HorseName it only shows those records below Thanks for any help..........Bob Hi Bob, Assuming that cmbSearch is on the main form and HorseID is its bound column, use the AfterUpdate event of the combo: Private Sub CboSearch_AfterUpdate() Form("SubFormNameHere").Form.Filter = _ "[HorseID]=" & Me.CboSe...

From Query to Table via Form?
Using:Access 2003 (I'm not even sure how to ask this, so patient people only probably need to proceed) Situation: Portion of my database deals with preventive maintenance performed to vessels. Originally I was instructed to utilize the database to create a library of sorts dealing with equipment on a fleet of vessels. Followed by a general table for entry that the maintenance had been completed, hours at time of service etc. To keep from having to repeat Prev.Maint items for each vessel I set up the following: tblfleet tblvesselCompartment(main engines, bow Thrusters, steering etc...

Open form to specific record quits working
I have a customer search form that opens a specific customer order. Sometimes when I add a field or make a minor change to the customer order form, the customer search pulls a blank or new record. I delete the change I made to the order form but a blank record is still pulled. What can I do to fix this? Thanks Sorry, I meant to post this to Access. "Ron Weaver" wrote: > I have a customer search form that opens a specific customer order. Sometimes > when I add a field or make a minor change to the customer order form, the > customer search pulls a blank or new record...

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

Prompting for a parameter in a query when one isnt present
I am trying to use an Iif statement in a query, using a calculated field as one of the result paramets: Exp1: Iif([code]="9002,[tothrs],0) [code] is a field in the query being drawn from a table, while [tothrs] is a calculated field in the same query. But for some reason it prompts me for [tothrs] when I run the query. This seems to happen anytime I use a calculated field in a query in another calculation? Is this not allowed in Access and if so how do I get around this? Any suggestions You need to redo the calculation that is TotHrs in the expression. Your ot...

Printing current record on a report from a form
I am trying to print the information from a current form to a report. I have searched the web and tried using the different suggestions of code which, begins with DoCmd.Open Report...but when I use that I am getting a message that says this Macro has not been set up and I was under the impression that I did not need a Macro...maybe I am putting this in the wrong place. I have put the code below that I am using in the Properties of the button on the form...on the "on click"...Please Help Me! DoCmd.OpenReport "PrintCustomerReport",acViewPreview,, "[OrderID]=Forms! frm...

union query 11-28-07
Hi all, I'm trying to create a database that contain electrical performance of my companiy's product.As the objective, at last I have a report look like below: Model: OSC30TDS1 Prod.code: 71102 ------------------------------------------- Specification ------------------------------ Ampere Power Airflow SampleNo 3 10 100 ------------------------------------------- 1 2.4 8.7 89 2 2.6 8.8 90 : 5 ...

Create controls on form through VBA
I want to auto-create a form based on input in a table, so I am looking for sample code showing: - How to place a control on a form through VBA Hi as starting point: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip76.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JJ wrote: > I want to auto-create a form based on input in a table, so > I am looking for sample code showing: > > - How to place a control on a form through VBA Here is an example based upon selecting from a checkbox Private Sub CreateControl() Dim newButton As msforms.Control Select Case True Case chkText.Value ...

Error 'Invalid object ##Options' while running Multilevel query in
I created a company in GP9.0 with Analytical Accounting + Service Pack 1, created a transaction dimension and some codes, posted transactions in POP, GL and Inventory. When I ran the Multi level query wizard, i got the error '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name "##Options" when I gave all the values and the system started to run the report. What could be the problem? Thanks - Murali The options you are selected in MQW are stored in temp table and using that "##Options" table is created in run time.It might be because the temp ta...

Creating a form with twosubforms and multiple records
I have 3 tables called tblmonth, tblcompany and tblhivalue. tblmonth has a date field txtmonth tblcompany has a text field txtcompany tblhivalue has a date field txtmonth and a text field txtcompany. All the date fields are formatted mmmm yyyy tblhivalue also includes a number of other fields which are a mixture of text and number fields let’s say, txtnbr1,txtnbr2, txtnbr3, txttext1, txttext2, txttext3. The records for tblhivalue look like this: txtmonth txtcompany txtnbr1 txtnbr2 txtnbr3 txttext1 txttext2 txttext3. June 2009 ABC Ltd ...

Automatically track appointments form Outlook to CRM 3.0
With the sync add-on in Outlook, the 'Track item' is default set on when creating a new E-mail message. All other items, like appointments, are all set off by default. A user has to take action and click on every new appointment when he wants to sync it with CRM. Not handy and a big chance to miss appointments. Does anybody knows how to set the Track-button 'on' by default when creating a new appointment/task etc.? THX! The product out of the box does not support this. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue ha...

Make-table query...
Hi everyone, Quick run-down of the problem. We are trying to export tables from Access to SPSS for analysis. We have tons of variables so had to break the data up into about 100 different tables within Access. We're looking for a good way to recompile these into several giant tables in SPSS. Basically, what we are doing is using queries to compile the data to the extent that Access allows us (think the limit is 255 variables). Then we use a program called Stat Transfer to export the data straight to SPSS. The problem is that when we run the query, it rips out the description field, wh...

Query Problem
I have 3 tables, 06-07 projects, 07-09 projects, project construction. All three I set School District Name as the primary key. When I go to relationships, I pop up the three tables and hook them up with School District Name, no problem. When I build a query with two or three of the tables, no matter what I do it acts like I don't have good relationships set because I get 10,000 - 100,000 records which is 9500 - 95,500 more than I need the query to produce and there will be 30-50 copies of the same record of each all the way through. It acts like my relationship is not ok but I am ...