Form with combo box to set criteria for query and report

Using Access 2003 a form has been created with a combo box to select the name
of a practice. The criteria row in the query shows the form information. When
the command button in the form is clicked to run the report the report runs
with the labels appearing from the underlying query but does not show any of
the detail information. What am I missing in the setup of the form or
elsewhere?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Basenji -

It sounds like there are no records that match the criteria you are using.
Post your SQL statement, and maybe we can spot the issue.  To post the SQL,
go into Query Design, then choose to View SQL - copy this statement and post
it.

--
Daryl S

"Basenji" wrote:

> Using Access 2003 a form has been created with a combo box to select the name
> of a practice. The criteria row in the query shows the form information. When
> the command button in the form is clicked to run the report the report runs
> with the labels appearing from the underlying query but does not show any of
> the detail information. What am I missing in the setup of the form or
> elsewhere?
If you open the report while the form is closed, and you manually type
in the criteria, does the report show the data correctly?

You might want to post the SQL of the record source of the report.
0
ghetto_banjo

How do i set up outlook 7 with sky broadband?
I have been through the set up process hundreds of times and run up a huge phone bill with sky trying to set up my outlook since we changed from orange to sky as our ISP. I have gone through the help pages and gone onto sky eforum but it still doesnt work. Any help would be great. Cheers. Susie Which settings did you use? What exactly isn't working? Which error messages are being returned to you? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently pr...

Filter with criteria!
Hello! I have 2 woorksheet. One contains raw data one is a summary sheet. In the raw data shhet, under the "catergory" column, I need to count and filter out all the Apples" in this column. The challege is , the number of apples counted should be from Jan, Feb and Mar respectively. Results counted must be shown in the second worksheet in Column A, B and C respectively, representing Jan Feb and Mar. Can I have the formulae for this ?Thank you.. -- help me Post few examples to show how your raw data is arranged. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ernieta...

Email set up, DSL, Different outgoing and incoming servers
I just intalled DSL and now I cannot send email with outlook. The outgoing server and incoming server are different and I have set up the proper user names and passwords for both but I am not able to send email. The DSL provider has been unable to help me and I am able to log into the server over the web just not with outlook. I use outlook 2002 When you use the Test Account Settings, what error are you getting? Also, did you set your authentication on the server tab of your account properties per the DSL providers instructions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

Passing data from one form to another

how to query my web site from VBA and return a value to VBA
Hello All, From VBA I would like send a value to my web site, and have it return a value. I've learned how to use FollowHyperlink to send a value to an ASP script, but how can the ASP script send a value back to VBA?? Thanks, Brian Austin, TX You can use xmlhttp to make a request to your web page: '********************************************************* Sub Tester() MsgBox WebResponse("http://www.mydomain.com/myactualpage.asp? info=3Dblah") End Sub Private Function WebResponse(sURL As String) As String Dim XmlHttpRequest As Object Se...

Tax software report
I am unable to view any of my "Insurance : Health" category transactions when I run the "Tax software report" in the Reports section. To be sure, I confirmed that I previously check the tax form, Schedule A, and Doctors - medicine - etc. tax line in the tax manager. The error seems most perculiar given all of my "Healthcare" category transactions are viewable when I run the same report. Any suggestions? ...

Calling Set/GetDefaultPrinter
I am using the Windows SDK calls GetDefaultPrinter anmd SetDefaultPrinter. On my main development machine running WIndows Server 2000, I compiled without a problem. WHen I moved the project and tried to compile in my XP environment, I get a compilation error that it is not found. It also does not show up in my online help on the XP machine. The function is defined as being part of the Windows GDI API. I don't uunderstand why this would not be showing up under XP. Any ideas what I have to install or setup to be able to use these functions? Regards, -Rob >Any ideas what ...

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

email set up in publisher

Setting series values on Excel Chart

OWA authentication settings
My single Exchange 2003 SP1 installation requires OWA logins to use the domain\username method. At one point it only required the username. Not sure when/why it changed. I have checked the HTTP Protocol settings in ESM and in Exchange properties under the Exch VS, I have Basic... checked with the netbios domain name listed. I also have Integrated..... checked. Anon.... is not checked. From what I've read this is all I need. I shouldn't have to check the IIS settings on the Exchange server. What am I missing? Thanks. Yes, This probably changed after you installed an Exchange ser...

form and query problem. please help.

Pulling counts out of query results
I have a query that has one field Type which is set to Count The query results are used in a report. The report has the fields in the detail section as TYPE and CountOfType (1 line only in the detail section) The report looks like this when displayed AS 28 AV 17 OR 5 I need to be able to get the individual AS No (28) and add it to another number elswhere in the report. How can I do this? I have tried using a textbox with an if function (if [type]="AS",CountOfType,0 but that did not work. Any help appreciated. Ray I think you will need to do it in the query. But try addi...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

Setting Global Options
Is there a way to set global options within VBA. I'm particularly interested in setting the security level to low (to eliminate that annoying start up message), setting the status bar to false and "Behavior Entering Field" set to start of field. Is there some place that lists the options that can be set? Thanks for the help! On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:30:04 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: For the latter two check the SetOption keyword in the Help file. The first one requires a registry setting. You can google or bing for it. -Tom. ...

SetParameterFields in CCrystalCtrl Activex(Crystal Report)
Hi , I am trying to call a Crystal Report from my VC program.In that i am facing problem while trying to send a selection criteria for my report (the equivalant in VB is SelectionFormula) I want to make selection based on a Date feild and another extension filed (say date between '01/01/2003' and '01/01/2004' and extn_no = 100) How can i do that.Any idea???????????? Reny ...

Setting up my Outlook at home
How do I set up my Outlook 2003 to work from home, but leave the messages on the server (as I do at the office)? I right-click Outlook and choose Email accounts. I choose Microsoft Exchange Server. I put in our server and my user name. I also uncheck "Use Cached Exchange Mode", which is what I assumed was what would move the data to my machine (which I don't want). When I say click next, I get the Message: "Mail from this Microsoft Exchange Server account will be delivered to the existing Personal Folder on your local computer. If you wish to keep your mail on your server...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

Count Unique Items with Multiple Criteria
I am trying to get a list of how many lots a particular car model is on. For example, say we have a spreadsheet that looks like: Model License Lot Ford xjd-394 1 Chevy gwg-394 2 Ford sdf-333 1 Ford lkj-111 3 Toyota skd-333 4 Toyota shk-584 4 I am loking for a way to get data that says how many unique lots each car is on, so for example: Ford: 2 Chevy: 1 Toyota: 1 I was trying to do this with Pivot tables and the count functionality, but it isn't quite getting me the results I want. I can get the results with a pivot table ...

zz report date truncation
We run only z reports at end of day. We will be running cashier shifts soon and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended. Is there any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper? Thanks in advance! This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off your printer before 'printing' the zz report. Then manually delete all print tasks for that printer before turning it back on. The report won't print, but RMS will think it did. "TV hardwa...

Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!
Good day all, I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data. I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found. Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they both cover the same surface of existence. i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ? Thank you I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter cha...