Form question 08-17-07

I am working with Access 2000-2003.  I have approximately 255 records in my
table, and on the form, if I use my mouse wheel it moves down through all the
records.  Is there some way I can stop that from happening?  I would like a
blank form to appear every time I open it so I can input the information, and
if I want to look up a previous record I want to have to put in the NCR # to
bring it up.  Eventually I will have a switchboard that takes me to this
input form and it should be blank when it opens and only be accessible to
previous records through input of the number.  Thank you in advance for any
help.

Owl Lover
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Tricky Freeze Panes question
Hi all Excel Wiz's out there! This is what I want to do: I would like to have cells A1-A22 static, always visible, and still be able to scroll horizontally and vertically. I have tried to do this with freeze panes but can't get it to work. Thankful for any help! Martin Martin To freeze A1:A22 select B23 and Window>Freeze Panes. Note: you cannot freeze just a column without freezing the rows also. Rows 1 through 22 will also be frozen. Which is maybe why you state "can't get it to work". Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On 31 Jul 2003 19:40:04 ...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

Crosstab query 02-07-08
I have a base query (qselDEQExport2_Test) with the following SQL statement SELECT qselChemDetail_W_Const.autWellChemDetailID, qselChemDetail_W_Const.autWellChemID, qselChemDetail_W_Const.autConstID, qselChemDetail_W_Const.txtConstituent, IIf([ysnNotDetected]=-1,"ND",[sglValue]) AS [Value], qselChemDetail_W_Const.sglValue, qselChemDetail_W_Const.autUnitID, qselChemDetail_W_Const.ysnNotDetected FROM qselChemDetail_W_Const; All basic stuff, except for the one Iif statement that creates a column called "Value" When I try to build the crosstab query, it will not let me...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Pivot Table question:
If I have a simple spreadsheet, with: acctNo Call Month Number of Calls 23142 Feb-2003 12 23142 Mar-2003 90 25943 Feb-2003 24 25943 Mar-2003 32 26044 Mar-2003 1 1260 Feb-2003 144 1260 Mar-2003 615 25828 Mar-2003 59 17688 Mar-2003 359 5235 Mar-2003 4 23042 Mar-2003 53 Then I can very easy generate a pivot table like this: Sum of Number of Calls Call Month acctNo 2003/02/01 2003/03/01 (blank) Grand Total 1260 144 615 759 5235 4 4 17688 359 359 23042 53 53 23142 12 90 ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Protecting a worksheet question
I have a question for Excel 98. I tried to do a simple worksheet protection and provided a password. However, I found that not ALL cell in that particular worksheet was protected. Most of the cell would give you a message telling you the worksheet is protected and you need to unprotect the worksheet to modify the cell content. However, some cells you can still change its content. What are the reasons these things happen? Thank you! Each cell has a locked property that you can toggle. But the "lockedness" doesn't really do anything until the worksheet is protected. Then l...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Outlook 2003 Live questions
With an Outlook Live subscription, will I be able to keep my desktop and notebook synchronized? I am monitoring up to 16 e-mail accounts related to our website (webmaster, newsletter, unsubscribe, subscribe etc.) in addition to my business e-mail and my personal e-mail. These are all POP3 accounts hosted on 3 different servers. a) can I choose to monitor some accounts via Outlook Live and some through regular Outlook 2003 (which will not be synchronized between the 2 pc's)? b) is there a limit to how many POP3 accounts I can use in Outlook Live? c) can I send e-mail from an...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Question -Problem

2 questions about CreateProcess(...)
Hi, How would I start an application hidden or minimized? PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; STARTUPINFO si; memset( &pi, 0, sizeof(PROCESS_INFORMATION) ); memset(&si, 0, sizeof(STARTUPINFO)); si.cb= sizeof(STARTUPINFO); si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW; si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOW; si.lpDesktop = ""; CreateProcess( NULL, (char*)"C:\\WinNT\\System32\\Calc.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi ); If I add "si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOW;", the application doe...

emails lost with compression error. Restore question.
I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail files and Recovered File Fragments. Since I have...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

general questions.. please help
can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? how can we do to convert data from text files to xml? is it possible? to generate xml from jsp is it done automatically or manually? thanks in advance! appreciate if there are any links helpful... thanks all of u! jeremy *-----------------------* Posted at: www.GroupSrv.com *-----------------------* Hello Jeremy, > can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? not normally by hand, but it can be done. Doing it with a program is better. > how can we do to convert data from text files to x...