Form printing problem

Hi all,
I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out
for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and
this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on
plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has
started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the
properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way
round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray.
We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my default but
the form still tries to print to the old printer. I can get it to print by
going to File, Print setting the printer to the new printer and remembering
to select Selected record(s).
All my other forms on Access work perfectly with the command button are
using the new default printer.
Any theories as to what may be going on I would prefer not to have to make a
new form.
Many thanks in advance

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

James,
    Chris is correct.  Printing forms is a "take it or leave it" process.
Even saving a form as a report is not a reliable process.

    You wrote...
>> > We have now a new printer in the office...
    While you might have been able to print acceptable looking forms on your
old printer, there are no guarantees on other printers.

    You might try getting the very latest printer driver for the new
printer.
    Often, printer drivers that come with the new printer are not the latest
version.
    Check the web for your printer make and model driver....

    If that doesn't work, then you'll really have to create a report (from
scratch, not save form as report), designed to looks just like your form.
--
hth
    Al Campagna

    "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Even when I saved the form as a report I had the same problems.
>
> As mentioned I have been using and printing this form for 4 years without
> problem and this was the only form that I was having problems with.
>
> I've managed to find the problem it was a simple Page set up problem. I
> can
> only presume that someone had gone in and changed the settings.
>

> "Chris Reveille" wrote:
>
>> Forms are for adding, editing and viewing data.  They are not designed to
>> be
>> printed.  Create a report based on the form and print that selecting the
>> current record.  You can even save a from as a report as a shortcut to
>> desingning a new report.
>> --
>> Chris
>>

>> "James" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> > I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing
>> > out
>> > for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form
>> > and
>> > this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years
>> > printing on
>> > plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form
>> > record has
>> > started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change
>> > the
>> > properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the
>> > only way
>> > round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray.
>> > We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my
>> > default but
>> > the form still tries to print to the old printer. I can get it to print
>> > by
>> > going to File, Print setting the printer to the new printer and
>> > remembering
>> > to select Selected record(s).
>> > All my other forms on Access work perfectly with the command button are
>> > using the new default printer.
>> > Any theories as to what may be going on I would prefer not to have to
>> > make a
>> > new form.
>> > Many thanks in advance

0
Al

Program crashes during exit. Possible CThreadLocal problem (ugh!).
I'm wondering if some wise people here can give me some insight as to why my program is crashing during startup, or some tips on how to find out. I'm using VS.NET 2003. Here is my stack trace at the point of impact: {afxtls.cpp,line 403}mfc71d.dll!CThreadLocalObject::GetData(CNoTrackObject * (void)* pfnCreateObject=0x7c29dc40) Line 403 + 0x3 C++ {afxtls_.h,line177}mfc71d.dll!CThreadLocal<AFX_MODULE_THREAD_STATE>::GetData () Line 177 + 0xd C++ {afxstate.cpp,line242}mfc71d.dll!AfxGetModuleThreadState() Line 243 C++ {appterm.cpp,line48}mfc71d.dll!AfxWinTerm() Line 48 + 0x5 C++...

Ordered Printing
Do you know if there is a way to do ordered printing of an entire workbook? bess wrote: > Do you know if there is a way to do ordered printing of > an entire workbook? Not sure what you mean. Doesn't the following work for you? File >> Print And click on "Entire workbook" ...

Problem with Downloaded statements in Money 2006 identified
Based on the traffic in this group, many of you are struggling with the issue of downloaded statements since upgrading to Money 2006. I have had this problem since upgrading from 2005 to 2006 in October. I had tried every solution identified from both Microsoft and others that were lucky enough to get things to work, but was not able to get anywhere. After a significant investment in time, I was finally able to isolate the issue to downloaded statements that have a specific character in them. In my case, these are always part of a credit voucher where the dowloaded file has a <br> in...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

Problems with pasting
I recently installed Publisher 2000. When I copy a picture and then paste it into a Publisher 2000 document, instead of the copied picture appearing a white box with a large black cross appears. Is there a solution to this problem so I can actually paste the picture that I copied? View, picture, detailed display -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "njj200" <njj200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3478031A-01CE-4260-8680-DCC3EF0AA6AF@microsoft.com... >I recently installed Publisher 20...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

i have problem code 646 windows update encountered an unknown erro
how to fix it ? Hello komang, > how to fix it ? Reading other posts, and searching Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. etc. When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed. Please do so next time. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> -=- Take a look at this post and see if it helps- <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Printing Invoices in Japanese and Chinese
We are interested in printing invoices from SOP in Japanese and Chinese. Does anyone know of a method or thrid party that could help us out? Thanks What sort of problem are you having? I suppose if REport Writer is not able to handle this alphabet then you can use Crystal REports to print your invoices. Products like Crystal Integration/Crystallizer/FormsPrinter will integrate with GP to substitute GP so that won't be terribly hard. HS "Drew Snook" <DrewSnook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C67255C-0BB6-44E0-900E-FF5363F26023@microsoft.com... &g...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Suppressing printing when values are zero
I have a report where some of the values are blank. Is there a way to not print the values and their associated titles is the fields are blank? Thanks, Joan Joan: The subject of your post says 'zero', the body text says 'blank'?? Whichever is the case you put code in the Format event procedure of whichever section the controls are in. If it's zero: Me.YourLabel.Visible = Me.YourControl <> 0 Me.YourControl.Visible = Me.YourControl <> 0 If its Null: Me.YourLabel.Visible = Not IsNull(Me.YourControl) Me.YourControl.Visible = Not IsNull(Me.YourControl) S...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > Everything visible on the page should print. ...

Look up problem
Part 1 I have this look up in cell H18. =LOOKUP(RIGHT(I18,2),$G$68:$H$75) Cell I18 is formated as text but contains numbers like 123405. The RIGHT(I18,2) takes the last 2 digits (the 05) and does the lookup. This works except when a number that is not in the lookup range is entered in I18. For example, if 95 is entered the lookup returns the lookup for 05. My first question is how can I return only valid input in the LU range. Part2 If nothing is in Cell I18 then #N/A appears in H18. The #N/A looks awful. The second question is how can I show nothing in H18 when I18 is blank. I have Exc...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

print preview in money 2007
i'm unable to find print preview option in Money 2007. it is there in earlier version of Money. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, haveaquestion wrote: >i'm unable to find print preview option in Money 2007. it is there in earlier >version of Money. Please help. It's under File, but it is grayed-out except for web pages. You might want to install software that lets you print to a PDF file (such as pdf995.com or cutepdf.com). "print" to a PDF file by File-Printing to that "printer". That way you can save a tree by viewing the PDF file. ...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Cant Print in Outlook 2002
Hello, Any input would be appreciated for the following issue. While looking in preview pane, I am able to select an email and then go to file and print and it prints. If I open an email, then go to either file and print or the print icon shortcut, nothing happens. The printer dialog box doesnt open, nothing prints, and nothing happens. Ran a repair on the office suite. No help. Uninstalled and reinstalled office, no help. Running WinXP SP1 with all windows updates available at the time of this posting. Running Office XP with all the office updates available at the tim...

Problem with OpenFile in VC++
Hi all, when i clicked into menu\File\Open in VC++, then VC++ die, it exit automatical itself. I am finding some info in registry to clean, so OpenDialog of VC++ will get default path. If it were me I'd uninstall VS and reinstall it again. Any number of things could be wrong and you'll probably take more time figuring it out then you would reinstalling it. Tom "Duy Trinh" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:eI1AWHNdHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > when i clicked into menu\File\Open in VC++, then VC++ die, it exit > autom...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...