Form coding access 2003 to 2007

Hello comm

I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I open
the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field CodSigCat

This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007?

Many thanks

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Function CodSigCat() As String
CodSigCat = Me!Prov & ""
CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Cant & ""
CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Dist & ""
CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Bloq & ""
CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Sect & ""
CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!NumParc & ""
End Function

Private Sub Bloq_AfterUpdate()
Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
End Sub

Private Sub Cant_AfterUpdate()
Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
End Sub

Private Sub Dist_AfterUpdate()
Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
End Sub

Private Sub NumParc_AfterUpdate()
Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
End Sub

Private Sub Prov_AfterUpdate()
Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
End Sub

Private Sub Sect_AfterUpdate()
Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
End Sub

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You may have a problem with references:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

You may need to tell Access 2007 that your database is in a trusted
location. Add your folder under:
    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings

If it compiles fine, and is in a trusted location, it may need a decompile.
Here's a standard sequence for rescuing a problem database:

1. Uncheck the boxes under:
    Office Button | Access Options | Current Database | Name AutoCorrect
Explanation of why:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk:
    Office Button | Manage | Compact/Repair

3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by
entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not
running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"

4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code),
and compact again.

5. Open a code window.
Choose References from the Tools menu.
Uncheck any references you do not need.
For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

6. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.

7. Still in the code window, choose Options on the Tools menu. On the
General tab, make sure Error Trapping is set to:
    Break on Unhandled Errors
and the Compile on Demand is unchecked.

At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect errors
are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the text- and
compiled-versions of the code are fixed, reference ambiguities are resolved,
the code syntax is compilable, and the VBA options are set to show errors
and avoid this kind of corruption.

If it is still a problem, the next step would be to get Access to rebuild
the database for you. Follow the steps for the first symptom in this
article:
    Recovering from Corruption
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

"sebastico" <sebastico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello comm
>
> I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I
> open
> the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field
> CodSigCat
>
> This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Option Compare Database
> Option Explicit
> Function CodSigCat() As String
> CodSigCat = Me!Prov & ""
> CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Cant & ""
> CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Dist & ""
> CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Bloq & ""
> CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!Sect & ""
> CodSigCat = CodSigCat & Me!NumParc & ""
> End Function
>
> Private Sub Bloq_AfterUpdate()
> Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Cant_AfterUpdate()
> Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Dist_AfterUpdate()
> Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub NumParc_AfterUpdate()
> Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Prov_AfterUpdate()
> Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Sect_AfterUpdate()
> Me!CodSig = CodSigCat()
> End Sub

0
Allen
> [...]
> resolved,
> the code syntax is compilable, and the VBA options are set to show errors
> and avoid this kind of corruption.
>
> If it is still a problem, the next step would be to get Access to rebuild
> the database for you. Follow the steps for the first symptom in this
> article:
>    Recovering from Corruption
> at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

> "sebastico" <sebastico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello comm
>>
>> I have a code in a form (MS Accees 2003)working perfect. However, if I
>> open
>> the form in Access 2007 the concatenation does not work in the field
>> CodSigCat
>>
>> This the code. Could you tell me what is wrong or new in Access 2007?

0
netys49

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Worksheet_Calculate code in same module as Worksheet Change event goes astray
Hi, I'm trying to get some code to fire, based on a formula in cell E2 changing value to equal 1. Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Cells(5, 2) = 1 Then MsgBox "Fires ok" 'Application.EnableEvents = False End Sub I can get it to work properly on a blank spreadsheet. However I need to use it on a worksheet that already has a Worksheet Change code. Since it seems like each worksheet can only have one module (page? not sure of the right name) for code, the above code is in the same module as the Change code. Thus, when the entry is made that chang...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

AutoText / Quick Parts in Office 2007
In Office 2003, Outlook used the autotext from Word. You create an autotext entry in Word and it was available in Outlook. I have now migrated to Office 2007, however the autotext from 2007 (now in a tab called “Quick Parts”) does appear in Outlook. Upon further investigation, saving anything in the various “Quick Parts” locations still does not make them available to Outlook. My question is: How do I tell Outlook to go look in the Word Quick Parts locations for the autotext features I need? -- Thank you, John Gregory ...

Calendar Access
I need to allow a user access to another users Calendar and Contacts in outlook. I only want to allow view only access. How would I do this? you can grant them "reviewer" on a per-folder basis... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:14A07F43-8D54-4F6E-B073-33624F36F30B@microsoft.com... >I need to allow a user access to another users Calendar and Contacts in > outlook. I only want to allow view only access. How would I do this? Hi, Thanks for posting here. Based on your description, I ...

i have problem code 646 windows update encountered an unknown erro
how to fix it ? Hello komang, > how to fix it ? Reading other posts, and searching Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. etc. When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed. Please do so next time. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> -=- Take a look at this post and see if it helps- <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

publisher 2003 NO printer is installed
For 5 hours we have NOT been able to get a fix for this Publisher 2003 NO printer is installed PADutchman wrote: > For 5 hours we have NOT been able to get a fix for this > > Publisher 2003 NO printer is installed So install a printer! -- -- If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get just what you asked for, but maybe not what you wanted! Do not say it cannot be done, rather what you need to do it! Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site and looked around for an updated driver? It might be you need to re-install your p...

Excel 2007 lock-up
In Excel 2007, while saving a spreadsheet; selecting, deleting or inserting columns; etc, an hourglass appears on my monitor and I can hear the local hard disk spinning (the sound is more noticeable than when the hard disk is not being accessed). But, after the process ends, the hard disk repeatedly speeds up and slows down and I can't work on the spreadsheet (the hourglass remains on my monitor). Task Manager's "Application" page shows that "Microsoft Excel" is "Not Responding". And, the "Processes" page shows that the "Mem Usage" fo...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Create hyperlink via macro? Word 2007
Having a problem creating a macro to insert a hyperlink in Word 2007. Here's exactly what I want it to do: 1. AFTER I highlight a few words or so in the document, I press the button/hotkeys that kicks off the macro 2. The Insert Hyperlink box comes up 3. The address bar gets prefilled with EXACTLY the same text (a lengthy, unchanging path to a file) EVERY TIME, then the macro STOPS or PAUSES running so that the user can enter a specific file name, which will change each time, thus completing the full path. 4. I click on OK and the hyperlink is created correctly. 5. We only...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Password not requestested for Exchange access
We have users that log onto one domain for most network access, but sometimes need to access their Exchjange data on a separate domain. For quite a while , when starting Outlook, it would require the user to enter their username, password, & domain - at this point they would enter the username information and alternate domain, and would then be authenticate. Now, some users (after supposedly changing nothing!!) are starting Outlook, and it is going to a blank inbox. When they click Send/Receive, it says they do not have access rights to the mail folders/messages. For example,...

Exchange 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain
Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to it http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.html. Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers? Thanks. On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server ru...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

print preview in money 2007
i'm unable to find print preview option in Money 2007. it is there in earlier version of Money. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, haveaquestion wrote: >i'm unable to find print preview option in Money 2007. it is there in earlier >version of Money. Please help. It's under File, but it is grayed-out except for web pages. You might want to install software that lets you print to a PDF file (such as pdf995.com or cutepdf.com). "print" to a PDF file by File-Printing to that "printer". That way you can save a tree by viewing the PDF file. ...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Outlook 2003 e-mail folders no longer exist after synching with ho
In the last three weeks I was forced by Microsoft to download the Outlook Connector. This worked for a small amount of time untill I noticed I was receiving "Blank e-mails" When I checked e-mail in the browser, all of the e-mail was still there. I have linked to hotmail e-mail accounts. This shouldn't have any impact with Outlook 2003. Today, 18 February 2010, I hit send/receive in Outlook 2003 and let it synch up with the hotmail account. To my dismay when I checked my inbox this evening, I found that the default inbox had been changed to the hotmail inbox. I...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

twain support in publisher 2003
Can someone tell me if publisher 2003 supports twain for cameras and scanners. I am currently using publisher 2002 and this does not have twain support. This was available in earlier versions of publisher. I have no need to upgrade if this support is not included. There is a hotfix for the TWAIN issue for Office 2002. Description of the Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for MSO.DLL: May 9, 2004 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829349 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "R. C. Kelle...

Please verify Exchange 2003 Move
Background: ------------- - Server 1 - DC / Exchange 2003 (All Windows 2003/Exch 2003 Native) - Server 2 - Member Server - MX record at ISP, points to our internal mail server (Server 2) - We do not use Public Folders Goal: ----- Move Exchange 2003 and all mailboxes to Server 2 Plan: ----- (1) Install a second Exchange 2003 on Server 2 (2) Move all mailboxes to Server 2 with new Exchange install (3) Wait to all users Outlook 2003 profiles / settings have been recognized for Server 2 (4) Ask ISP to move MX record to point to Server 2 (5) Remove Exchange 2003 from Server 1 Questions (# ...