FindRecord Control Button

i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number
and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the
form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find
record function searches? thanks
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ryan,
usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for
searching.
There is a sample download with code of a search form at
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
If you need help to get it working, post back.

You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form.
On the form in design view, click the combo box tool, the wizard will open,
choose the 3rd option Find a record on my form . . . .

Jeanette Cunningham

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number
> and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the
> form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the
> find
> record function searches? thanks

0
Jeanette

Controller-Wayne PA
I'm recruiting for a Controller in Wayne, PA who has Great Plains experience. Anyone interested, contact jstewart@mlpers.com or call 610-822-1259. ...

Unbound Controls
Can I store a field that I calculate in a report in a table. More or less what I want to do is take a stored value on a report and put into a field in one of my tables. Is this possible? On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:25:00 -0800, Calvin wrote: > Can I store a field that I calculate in a report in a table. More or less > what I want to do is take a stored value on a report and put into a field in > one of my tables. Is this possible? You have asked a very wide open generic question. Why not take the time to be more specific as to what you wish to do. And why. Did you wish to Update an ...

Radio Button #3
Hi, I have 2 radio buttons. When a user double-click on a button I want to turn it OFF . In a double click message handler I used the code: pMyradio1->SetCheck(BST_UNCHECKED); pMyRadio1->UpdateWindow(); It doesn't work. How can I make all 2 buttons unchecked? Thanks. Lubomir ...

about activex control
I am created MFC's project with VS2002.net and Add activex control(windows media player)in this dialog but I cann't using this control's method Help me! ...

Refresh Subform2 Query when Subform1 Control Changes
I've got a "MainForm" with a tab control. On one page of the tab control I have "Subform1" which has a control named "txtBox' tied to a table. On another page I have another "Subform2" which has inside of it a "Subform3" that relies on that "txtBox" from "Subform1". I want to have that "Subform3" (which is based on a query of the table that "txtBox" updates) refresh when the "txtBox" changes. Here's a visual and some code that does *not* work. Help Please! MainForm --Subform1 > txtBo...

Custom Control and Control Panel Applets
Hi, I am attempting to use a custom control in a property page that is part of a control panel applet. Has anyone successfully done this? If a create the property page and just put the custom control on it (without adding any code for the custom control), the property page does not display. I have attempted to create a custom class for this control (one which registers itself with windows) but that isn't working either. From some of the articles that I have read, the control panel applet is control by a hidden window that I somehow need to make process the messages fo...

Message box with two custom buttons
I have a error message box that come up on my database thats sasy ' No Itesm have been packed' then a OK button. I would like a message box to apear to Say ' No Items have been packed' then two button ' Continue packing' and 'Unable to pack order' thent he unable to pack order button set fucus to txtREasonCanNotPack Thanks You'll need to use a custom message box. Here's one that uses an Access form that can be called: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/MsgBox2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.or...

Grouping Option Buttons ion a Group Box
I need to make four sets of three otion buttons. Xcel help is not very helpfull as to how to use the group box. Thanks Brujolito On a worksheet or a VBA form? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <brujolito@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160916462.383564.147390@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I need to make four sets of three otion buttons. Xcel help is not very > helpfull as to how to use the group box. > > Thanks Brujolito > In a workbook Bernard Liengme wrote: > On a worksheet or a VBA form? > -- > Bernard V Lie...

Currency Edit Control on custom Taskpanes
Hi, on my Formregion I have Editcontrols that display me the local Currency Symbol automatically with the content formated as currency. I would like to use the same controls on my Custom Task Pane. Is this possible? Which control do I have to use. Best Tom Hi, this might have got overlooked because I posted it just before X-Mas. I'm still looking for Help Best Tom "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF6EC406-D637-4575-8CEA-4AD8EDDE95F9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > on my Formregion I have Editcontrols that display me...

Controlling a program
Hi, I have seen some programs which, for example start a setup wizard and they control the program instead of the users, i.e. the next button does not need to be clicked the program does that. How is it done in MFC ? Maybe they use FindWindow to find the hWnd of the wizard and send it messages like BN_CLICKED. AliR. "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176420640.214067.109150@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have seen some programs which, for example start a setup wizard and > they control the program instead of the users, i.e. the ...

Editing Controls of Built-in Fields
I want to import an ACT database into Outlook. I can't import data into user-defind fields, so I want to edit built-in fields to accommodate my data. I don't find any way to change the controls or the data types of built-in fields. Mainly, I want several list (or drop-down) fields, and keyword fields. I even tried creating a new field using the listbox control, thinking I could then choose a different field in properties, but the "list type" in properties is inactive, regardless which field I choose. HELP You can't change the data types of *any* fields, custom...

Disable print from standard toolbar button
Hi Folks, I have a workbook where I want users to be able to print only from the print controls I have on the worksheets. I have disabled all the print controls using: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=4) 'print Ctrl.Enabled = False Next Ctrl End Sub However, the print button on the standard toolbar is still active. How do I disable this too? Thanks, Scott ...

Dragging to select multiple rows causes out of control scroll
When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll by too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? "ronlee67" <ronlee67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2940A38-DDA3-4E4B-B41A-FCEFAA3ADACA@microsoft.com... > When I select a number of rows by click and drag method, the rows scroll > by > too fast to control. Is there a way to slow down this scrolling? Hi Roplee67, You can change the scroll speed of your mouse: Start | Control Panel | Mouse | Wheel | Scrolling Depending on your OS version, access to ...

custom POS button #2
does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding Custom Button on POS Shoby, What specifically do you want this custom button to do? When you say 'query or small program' what do you mean? This can *probably* be done but more details are needed i think Kevin "Shoby" wrote: > does anybody know how can i call a query or small program by adding Custom > Button on POS if i want to write a query to see item history of a particular item that how many times a particular customer bought this item and in what price can i access this information t...

Help with FindRecord
Hello again and thanks in advance.. I've got an orders table with a primary key of OHID (autonum). Ideally the user could type the order they want to pull up in ctlOHID and have that record be called up. Since I'm using an autonumber, I can't have the user enter a value directly into that field, so I have another unbound text box set up called ctlOHGoToRec. In the afterupdate section of this I am trying to put this code: Dim varOHNewRec as Long varOHNewRec = Me.ctlOHGoToRec DoCmd.FindRecord varOHNewRec, , , , , acAll When this code runs I get the following error:...

Toolbar of different sizes of button
Hi All, I am trying to create a toolbar for IE using ATL+MFC. I want to create a toolbar just like google but without any combobox etc. simple buttons but I have to have different size of buttons on the toolbar. like the first button would be more in width the second and thrid one would be smaller. I tried using SetBitmapSize(); SetButtonSize(); for this but it doesnt seem working.(I am not using imagelist at the moment) if it is better to use imagelist in this situation? more over I put a button image extracting it from MSN toolbar it was a bitmap with pink back ground when I used it as im...

Text and Button
Hi, I created a button: CButton myBut; myBut. Create("Text", ...) I would like to change the default font for text on this button. I would like to know if it is neccessary for this purpose to develop my class derived from CButton and in that class to use DrawItem method. I thing it is too "much work (and classes)" for just changing the defalut font. Is there any simpler way? Thanks, Lubomir "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D223AB17-D9DA-426C-BF11-E0478D4FB5A0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I created a button: ...

FindRecord
Please help: I'm trying to create a FindRecord macro to find records from/within a Form. When I select a record from the combo box (search field), I get the following error: You can't use Find or Replace now. The fields are controls... The fields have no data. There are no fields to search. What I'm trying to do is create a searchable field in my Form. E.g., the user selects the records primary key from the combo box, and the record (in its entirety) appears on the Form (in Form format). A macro may not be the best way to do this...I'm open to sug...

How to control user configuration of Outlook?
I am using Exchange 2003 with the users operating on Office 2000 Premium. I have several settings that I want enforced in Outlook such as disabling the preview pane, not allowing changes to the background of email, and not allowing text and font changes. Is there a way to enforce this in a group policy type situation? I have looked in the System Manager in Exchange but cannont find anything allowing me to setup what a user can, and cannot change in Outlook. Help! Exchange Server has no way to control Outlook settings. However, different versions of Office have ADM templates (admi...

controls go dead
I have an application that goes into a loop and waits (using WaitCommEvent) for data to come into the serial port. My problem is that once I enter that loop, all my CButton's go stupid. The checkbox won't check, the OK and Cancel buttons don't work. Below is the code in question, post a note if this is not enough info. These Functions are all part of a CDialog class--PickOps.cpp while(m_PauseCheckBox.GetState() == BST_UNCHECKED){ controllerResponse = ""; //Tells controller to begin polling waitForAnswer(&controllerResponse); if(m_Pau...

Installing 3rd party controls (TreeViewAdv)
I'm new to VS/C# and am trying to install a 3rd party TreeView control that supports columns. I can compile the source application just fine. It shows the controls on the left, but when I switch to a new project they are gone. I'm sorry for such a noobish question but hopefully this might help others out. P.S. Yes, I have searched google but it's possible I'm using the wrong search terms. Oh, and the URL for the control in question is: https://sourceforge.net/projects/treeviewadv "Magus" <mr.magus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:23d0bcae-9c2...

Controls from dialogbox disappearing?
Hi In my MFC dialog based application, i am using a JPEG file as a background for my dialog box whose code i have given in the OnEraseBkgnd() in the dialog class. Also i have few static controls on my dialog box -- a static text, 2 buttons & a list control to be precise. In order to have the background of these controls as transparent i have written the neccessary code inside the OnCtlColor(). When the application is run, everything is perfect but as soon as i click on the column divider in the list control & drag it to decrease column size, the buttons & the static text disappe...

How do I make a button that is greyed out become available to me
I want to add a picture to an email but the button is greyed out. What do I do to get it to become available? Thanks! Probably you have to change the format of the message to HTML. The exact steps to do that depend a bit upon your version of Outlook, which you haven't told us. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Redsfuzzy" <Redsfuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

JAVA Control Panel
With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java Control Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some older versions of Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of fact I have no access to Java at all as there is also no shortcut on the start menu. I listed all the old versions of Java before they were uninstalled. I was able to get archived versions of the ones I uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling everything I had removed I still have no access to the application either through Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is t...

How to control the .edb .stm files to a certain size
How to control the .edb & .stm files to a certain size. It seems to growth each day... Would exchange stop function when they reach 16GB? Is there any process need to run or any option need to apply to clear the file size? thanks for advice. Hi, "lamlam" <lamlam@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:940DB421-B14C-42E1-BF06-D3FA26969697@microsoft.com... > How to control the .edb & .stm files to a certain size. It seems to growth > each day... you could define limits for the mailboxes via systemmanager on the store. > Would exchange st...