Finding files that don't match

I have two excel files that I've imported into Access.  One has titles that
the other doesn't.  How do I create a query that shows the non-matches?

Thanks,

Josh Axelrad
joshua.axelrad@tvguide.com
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Titles of fields do not have to match do run an unmatched query, just make
sure they are the same datatype.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Josh" wrote:

> I have two excel files that I've imported into Access.  One has titles that
> the other doesn't.  How do I create a query that shows the non-matches?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh Axelrad
> joshua.axelrad@tvguide.com

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Publisher cuts off text from word file that I am pasting into tex.
What does "Type your message here" mean to you? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Let me guess the question... You paste Word text into a Publisher text box and it doesn't fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahKB" <DeborahKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29CD723-545B-4A7C-8ACA-DD5092DCE101@microsoft.com... > Ooooooooh, Mary...

Exporting to a text file
How to export an Access query to a text file without the column heading? The query consists of single column and is used to import to an accounting system. Thanks. Cannot be done with the built-in TransferText action / method. You'd need to open a text file via VBA code and write the query's records (one at a time) into that file. If interested, post back and I'll provide some sample code. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:O$MxJCPlHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to export an Access quer...

Excel files reporting read only
I have an issue where a user I provide support for is being told that a file that has not been opened for a couple of months is reporting as being locked for editing by the last user to save the file (in some cases these users no longer exist on our network). When you check the open files on the server, these files are not showing as open. If teh user clicks to close, and then immediatley re-opens the file it opens as normal. There are no temporary files in the folder that the files are located in and I have cleared the temp folders on the client and on the server. The user has full control...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

where to write temporary files?
hello experts, I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files when the program is running. I need a piece of advice regarding the best place to put them: - Windows\temp directory - User directory - Program directory - ?? Needless to say, the directory must exist and the user must have the appropriate permissions. What are the good practices regarding this question ? Thanks Phil On Mon, 5 May 2008 08:43:18 -0700 (PDT), Phil <pbruyant@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello experts, >I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files >when >the pr...

link .pub files
I have produced a series of .pub files [Publisher 2003] for a book - each has illustrations, footnotes etc as separate text or picture boxes. I now want to put all the chapters into a new .pub file so that I can take the complete book to a printer - but I can't find a way to do this! Best 'fix' so far has been to save each chapter as a Word file and import that into a new .pub file. But that does not deal with the pictures, which all have to be re-inserted in the precisely correct position. there MUST be a better way! Or is it another problem with Publisher, like the inabi...

Looking for a basic "duplicate file name finder" app.
Does anyone use a free duplicate file finder that they like? I know there are lots out there but when I went to download.com and searched, I got 800 hits. When I tried the "most popular" according to it's ratings, they turned out to be trial-ware. The most popular tool seems to do everything *but* find duplicate filenames. It wanted to "clean up my system". Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail http://www.softpedia.com/get/S...

Opening a form with cursor in a control filed
I have a form with a subform as reference. I only do data entry in 3 fields. I have set the tab control for field 1, 2 and 3, but when I click on add new record the cursor goes to the subform and and cannot tab out to the first field of the main form. I would like to set this up that on got focus the cursor is on the selected field and then tabs or move on enter to the next selected field in the tab order. The tab order in the main for is resetting to zero. Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 ...

Finding an event

MRU file crashes
In my MDI CRichEditDoc/View app, if I try to open a Most Recently Used file from the menu and it has been deleted then my program crashes! I've spent hours tonight trying to see what is going wrong and I don't seem to be able to remedy the problem. I've been stepping through CWinApp::OpenDocumentFile() and thought that overriding my OnOpenDocument() might fix it but it doesn't: BOOL CMyRichEdDoc::OnOpenDocument(LPCTSTR lpszPathName) { if(!GetFile(lpszPathName, CFile::modeRead, NULL) return FALSE; if(!CRichEditDoc::OnOpenDocument(lpszPathName)) return FALSE; ...

cannot find database

Unable to log into file
I read that I could not sign up for Experian if I updated a 2004 file. So I created a new 2005 with my current passport login/password. After I created my Experian account, I then went and removed online access to that file (2005). However when I try to log back into my original file, I enter the password and it begins to log in and then the password just goes blank with no error message. I have verified that no accounts are online, I have removed the passport login using Password Manager from my new 2005 account, but I still can not log back into my updated 2004 original money f...

SBS 2008 File Transfer
Greetings, I am running SBS2008 on an HP ML370 G6 server. I have a total of 6 Hard drives (2 SAS drives, and 4 SATA drives). The 2 SAS drives are raided together with Raid 0 and SBS2008 is running off that raid. The 4 SATA drives are are raided into 2 drives with Raid 0 as well (2 sata drives / drive). The server now has 3 seperate drives (C,D,E). My problem is that when copying large files from C to D drive or anywhere D to E drive or any drive combination, speeds are fast, no problem. When copying files to an external USB drive, it takes hours, 16 hours for 175GIG of...

File Importing
Hello I am creating a spreadsheet in which I need to import 5 data files onto separate pages. I am able to import them as text files using the following commands I found on the Excel help site. My question is: is there a way to reference a specific cell containing the entire filename, thus automating the entire process, instead of just opening the "open dialog" window and having to manually select the file to open? I am using Excel 2002 on an XP-Pro system. Thanks for any help you can offer. Dim DestBook As Workbook, SourceBook As Workbook Dim DestCell As Range ...