Find and replace new line character

I would like to find and replace a return character (or new line, or \n, or
chr(10) -- take your pick) at the beginning of a field with an empty string
"".

I would really rather not have to write an update query or a script. Is
there a way to enter special characters into the find & replace dialogue box?

I would expect to be able to find "\n" and replace with "", matching "Start
of Field" but that doesn't work.

I'm using Access 2003.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:50:00 -0800, mmapes
<mmapes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

The F&R dialog can't do that. Write an Update query, using the Replace
function.

-Tom.

>I would like to find and replace a return character (or new line, or \n, or
>chr(10) -- take your pick) at the beginning of a field with an empty string
>"".
>
>I would really rather not have to write an update query or a script. Is
>there a way to enter special characters into the find & replace dialogue box?
>
>I would expect to be able to find "\n" and replace with "", matching "Start
>of Field" but that doesn't work.
>
>I'm using Access 2003.

0
Tom

Comment Line Length
Is there a way to length the comment lines on a packing slip, invoice, order or vendor purchase order? Some of our items have a very detailed description as a part many have hundreds of uses/description code Thank you Line item comments are stored in the SOP_LINE_CMT_WORK_HIST table (SOP10202). The comment field is an array of 4 strings each restricted to 50 characters. I am not sure you have any options here, other than a customization. Here is an idea: 1) Create a VBA customization on your Line Item Detail Entry window in SOP that will store the comment in a custom SQL table. At ...

unable to poll for new messages.......
anyone know what to do w/ theses errors? Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp' , Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'pop- server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Code Line to Empty Clipboard
Temporary memory loss: There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the Clipboard. Entering the statement = False performs. what is it? ???????? = FALSE Tks in advance,, Application.CutCopyMode = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:tXwLb.70607$hf1.60972@lakeread06... > Temporary memory loss: > There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the > Clipboard. > Entering the stateme...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Find (but not find)

Installing a new HD in a Dell that doesn't have a HD. Was: Who has the license for XP, he or I?
As I said in a previous thread, a friend gave me a DELL Inspiron 9600 without the hard drive. It has the Product Key on the side, and it came with XP Pro** SP1, but so far my friend hasn't found the original OEM Dell reinstallation CD. I found one that is for XP Pro, but it's SP2, not SP1. Will it still work? Thanks for your help. **For some reason I thought it had had XP Home on it. BTW, I learned a lot in the previous thread about the ease and difficulties of taking a Dell Ccomputer without a hard drive and fixing it up. New questions and possible proble...

Removing Special Characters
Hello, I exported to Excel 2003 my Outlook Calendar and now I have a lot of odd little square characters that I cannot remove. Any suggestions please? Thank you! Cathy "Cathy Landry" wrote: > I exported to Excel 2003 my Outlook Calendar > and now I have a lot of odd little square characters > that I cannot remove. Any suggestions please? Refer to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP030561311033.aspx. Basically, you can use CLEAN to remove nonprinting characters with ASCII codes 0-31. But I suspect the nonprinting characters you are seeing (hm...

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

How do I set the default to "Open" or "New" for a template
Somehow I have changed a default setting that I cannot figure out how to change back. I have various templates setup in a "Forms" folder. Normally I go to My Documents, find the template file and double click on it, and the appropiate program (usually either Excel or Word) starts and opens a copy of the template as a document. What happens now is that the program starts and the template itself opens. I have tried going to My Documents and right clicking on the file and what appears to be happening is that the default (highlighted) option is "Open" instead of &quo...

Finding an event

Using in Bookshop
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone is using Retail Manager in a Bookshop and if so how they went about importing new items that were supplied in ONIX or BISAC format. We get over 600 titles every month that we would want to import and would love to think that someone has already writtena script or something to import into the database the new items.? Regards ...

cannot find database

Restore ability to enter 20 character PO Numbers
With the 1.3R release, RMS will not allow PO Numbers longer than 14 characters. Before the 1.3R release, RMS allowed PO Numbers up to 20 characters. After installing the 1.3R release I reported this defect. The support team responded that this change was by design. They claimed that the change was made to work around a defect - "we had a bug with inter-store inventory transfers erroring out when the PO number is greater than 14 characters". This type of quick and easy fix (crippling the UI to work around a defect) is just plain wrong for at least a couple of reasons. 1) C...

Adding a new Entity in MSCRM
Hello How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM. Any help is appreciated Thanks In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be able to "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61839A6-57CA-474D-9D3D-BFB6F8C1543E@microsoft.com... > Hello > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in > MSCRM. > Any help is appreciated &g...

Make Publisher default font and line spacing preferences availabl.
When bringing a mixture of text and graphics (in an ad for example) into one publisher file from another publisher file, publisher automatically changes the font of the imported box to Perpetua and changes the line spacing to 5.96 or something. I am assuming there is a way for this NOT to happen but I can't find it and it's not obvious in any of the help menus. ...

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

using new List<String>();
Hello, I wonder do I create a memory leak by using private void myFunc() { List<String> joblist = new List<string>(); // ... add a alot of string into the joblist } and then call myFunc "repeatedly" from the main program It feels like I should return the memory somehow, but how? // Anders -- English is not my first language so any error, insults or strangeness has happend during the translation. Please correct my English so that I may become better at it! On 5/26/2010 11:02, Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello, > > I wonder do I crea...