finance code

I am writing a installment finance program for financing home products.

Does anyone know where I can get the formula or code for the "APR" (Annual
Percentage Rate) that must be listed on the finance contract.

I am have a lot of problem with this.

Thanks
--
becker
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Open any code window, and on the menu, chose Help, then type in "Rate". The
rate function is what you are looking for.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"becker" <becker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am writing a installment finance program for financing home products.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get the formula or code for the "APR" (Annual
> Percentage Rate) that must be listed on the finance contract.
>
> I am have a lot of problem with this.
>
> Thanks
> --
> becker

0
Arvin
2/11/2008 1:56:06 PM
Do a Google on the subject.
There are no shortage of websites that will do this function on line.
Whether or not you can download the function...I don't know.

"becker" wrote:

> I am writing a installment finance program for financing home products.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get the formula or code for the "APR" (Annual
> Percentage Rate) that must be listed on the finance contract.
>
> I am have a lot of problem with this.
>
> Thanks
> --
> becker
Olduke....

Thanks for replying.

Yes, several programs on line do the actual computations for you.  But there
is no underlying code or function available.

Thanks again.
--
becker

"Olduke" wrote:

> Do a Google on the subject.
> There are no shortage of websites that will do this function on line.
> Whether or not you can download the function...I don't know.
>
> "becker" wrote:
>
> > I am writing a installment finance program for financing home products.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can get the formula or code for the "APR" (Annual
> > Percentage Rate) that must be listed on the finance contract.
> >
> > I am have a lot of problem with this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > becker
i believe there is a template on the Excel page on microsoft.com that does
this.
If nothing else, you can download it and get the maths from that.

"becker" wrote:

> I am writing a installment finance program for financing home products.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get the formula or code for the "APR" (Annual
> Percentage Rate) that must be listed on the finance contract.
>
> I am have a lot of problem with this.
>
> Thanks
> --
> becker

Rent a Freelance Finance Consultant
Find freelance professionals worldwide for your business needs wheter you have small or large business .Freelance programmers, web designers, consultants,content writers, translators .Discover competitive providers market such as India,Ukraine,Bulgaria. Project outsourcing will save you at least 50%. Post your project free and let freelance professionals to bid your project. No Signup fee,no monthly payment. http://www.worldlancer.com ...

Formatting footer in VBA code
Hi all.... I have this bit of code in a macro that I would like formatted, but I do not know how....the code is to automatically insert the file path and the tab name of a spreadheet....I would like to format the code, so that every time it opens a document it will make the font Arial size 8. What I have now only makes the "&A" (which is the tab) size 8...... Here is the string.... .CenterFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName & Chr(10) & "&""Arial""&8&A" Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I foll...

Non-deliverable messages / Error Codes
Hello, I am attemtpint to setup Outlook 2000 for Internet-based email. When I attempt to send a message, I get NDR. Can anyone explain what error Code 5.1.8 is about? TIA, Rich Can you post the full text of the NDR? Michelle V. wrote: > Hello, > > I am attemtpint to setup Outlook 2000 for Internet-based email. When > I attempt to send a message, I get NDR. Can anyone explain what > error Code > 5.1.8 is about? > > TIA, > Rich ...

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."
Hi, I am getting this error error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post- Build Event..." Not sure how to get rid of it. Can anyone please help? I am not sure what more info you will need to help me? Please let me know Thanks TS On Aug 12, 10:33=A0pm, Trups <Samant.Tru...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > =A0 I am getting this error > =A0error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post- > Build Event..." > Not sure how to get rid of it. =A0 Can anyone please help? =A0I am not > sure what more info you will...

VBA to run all checkbox code
I would like to create code to put on a push button that will look at all of the check box options I have and run the code that is assigned to each check box. The code that is currently assigned to each checkbox is similar to the following: Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Sheets("Form").Activate ActiveSheet.Range("AddingEquipment").Select If Selection.Interior.Pattern = xlNone Then With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With Else With Selection.Interior .Pattern = xlNone End With End If End Sub I would like for ...

changing account code
the present accounts format is xxx-xxxxx-xx and there is a need to change it to xxx-NN-xxxxx-xx where NN is a new segment. will it work if I use SQL Script to change GL00100 and then run check link for Financial Series? any potential harm ? any advice is much appreciated. thks HFLo: Well after increasing the account framework in your company setup to add this new segment you can do that if you haven't entered anything but accounts. If you have entered data - then you also have to take a look at the following tables and perhaps do the same type of change in these tables: AF00100,...

Finance Charge
We want to "charge" our customers with finanace charges on the statement. However, we don't want these charges to appear on the aged TB or financial TB. Is this possible in GP? I believe in PeachTree we had the option show finance charges on statement without applying. Thanks! Finance charges are debit memos. Unless you modified the aged trial balance report to exclude them, they're going to show up. I don't understand why you wouldn't want them to show up because they will be on the customer's account. You'll have an inaccurate trial balance. -- Cha...

Code to add wroksheets to a workbook
Hi I have a 2 sheet workbook, and 2 questions about it. :) 1) If I input a (whole) number into cell C3 on Sheet1 ("Main"), I want Excel to create that number of copies of sheet 2. EG, input 2, and I end up with one "Main" sheet and identical sheets which are the original sheet 2 and 2 copies. I've played around some code, but just keep getting errors. 2) The other question is that I have the following code in the 'This Workbook' module: Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Name = Range("AD...

Code and Creation 60240
This is a free and informational site I created for application development and application development source on the net. Enjoy, and it's free, nothing to register oir sign up for just an informational site. http://codeandcreation.com l%Y)S+lP$*WKUy*dXX/efx/c( ...

EXCEL: Finance: Computation of Finance Charges Using Simple Interest
How do I calculate the monthly payments using the "Add-On" method? Thanks! "capricornbelle@gmail.com" wrote: > How do I calculate the monthly payments using the "Add-On" > method? Consider a 5-year loan of $10,000 with an nominal annual interest rate of 10%. The total interest is $5,000 = $10,000 * 10% * 5. The total payment is $15,000 = $10,000 + $5,000. The monthly payment is simply $250 = $15,000 / (5 * 12). In the US, you should look at the loan agreement to learn the method of apportioning the monthly payment to interest and outstanding balan...

I want a AnimationExtender to run only once but this code produces a complier error
This works OK: <ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender ID="AnimationExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="TableTopQQ"> But if the user returns to this page I don't want the animation to run a second time. So in the Load event I placed: CType(FindControlRecursive(Me, "AnimationExtender1"), System.Web.UI.Control).Enabled = False This got me a "not a member" error so I changed to Visible and ran debug with a break point. Looking at: FindControlRecursive(Me, "AnimationExtender1") I see that it does fi...

Error Code 0x80070001
I had a virus on my computer (Windows XP). I performed a Full System Recovery. I reloaded MS Office 2003. I had NOrton AV already installed. I have been trying to reinstall NAV, but it tells me that I need to download WinXP SP2. I have WinXP SP1 (yes my computer is old) I tried downloading SP2, but I keep getting error codes, i.e., the one listed above and 0x87ff0004. It also tells me that it can't copy the file - printuit or something like that. Please help if you can Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point...

finance.yahoo historical data
Hey, Is there someone who can help me get started with some code, ideas links (so vba code) how I can use a userform with a list from where I select a ticker symbol to extract historical data (where I can choose the range in time) into an excel-sheet (or databank access)? I searched the internet and only found one site (yahoo finance group) where there was a file, but the code is password protected ... . So I'm stuck for now, and have no idea how or where to start. thx in advance Dieter Furniere ...

mcro coding
how do i select through using macros the highest ranging numbers with 2 specific numbers? Example $400 $600 how do i get the macro to select the $700 $800 highest number in each row? (Row= --> ) $500 $200 Hi in a macro to get the row numbers try dim rng set rng = activesheet.range("A1:A1000") with application.worksheetfunction msgbox .match(.max(rng),rng,0) end with -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany flyer wrote: > how do i select through using macros the highest ranging > numbers with 2 specific numbers? > Example > $400 $6...

Help with a code
I have these code and it works find: but i also want to use it for different culumn within the same sheet. how do i add Column D with different target? meaning "S" for Study and "B" for books and s on... and maybe adding a Msg box to it that will only allow the Letters specify.. thank you in advance.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target = "" Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Target, Range("c6:c50")) Is Nothing Then If UCase(Target) = "C" Then Target = "Contribution" El...

Item Lookup Code #2
Does the item lookup code have a maximum number of characters it should be? If it is too long, does the bar code become unreadable? What would be max number of characters to have for the item lookup code? Thanks 25 Maybe, see next Depends on your barcode scanner's readable field width. Most lasers read longer/wider barcodes than CCDs. If you will ever need to remember the ILC, then like the telephone company used to say, 7 digits max. -- * "Nick @ REAL" <NickREAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8D06C1-6DE5-47BB-B3E8-8ABEC1C79148@microsoft.com...

Simple code question
I have a beginners code question. My Sheet1 has a large table with 15 columns. If I delete an entry in any cell in Column A, I'd like the any entries in columns C, D, G and I of the same row to also be deleted. What's the best way to do this? thanks -- cinnie Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the right blank portion. Get back to to workbook and try out. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False If ...

Financing Package
Does anyone know of a Windows-based Consumer Finance software package that includes both installment sales and revolving credit? If so, we would appreciate the name and phone number of the company that produces it. Thank you. ...

zip code with x miles of another zip code
Hi, there. My db lists Members with their city, state and zip. Often a Member will call the office and ask if there are other Members near them. If the caller is from a large State we have to read the list of Cities and ask if any are close to Member who is calling. I'm wondering if anyone is using any programs where you can enter a zip code and find another zip code within x miles. Is this program tied into your Access db? I'd appreciate any suggestions to streamline finding Members who are close to each other. Thanks. I would try googling for zip code databases. I haven&#...

VB code to Access 2000 code
I have a vb project which sends emails. [This is on the site http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5 Ref Email Sending UserControl] The Project has a form (Form1) which provides the relevant info eg. recipient, sender, content, smtp provider etc This data is processed by a "User Control" Module (MailUC) The control consists of a simple form with one textbox on it and a good deal of code. The control is on Form1 and named MUC The code for Form1 can reference the control like:- ThisVariable = MUC.SomeFunction() or MUC.some_MUCvariable = "this" ...

Hard Coding an FRx report
I'm trying to create a FRx Balance Sheet for the years 2009 & 2008 that match our audited reports. Sorry to say but some year end adjustments to the year 2008 were made in the year 2009. Any thoughts on how to "hard code" some adjustments in the reports as if the entries were made in the correct year? Or maybe there would be another way to do this? This would be a (2) column reprot when presented. Thanks ...

Payout reason codes
Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are stored? thanks, Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout "Jason" wrote: > Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are > stored? > > thanks, Thanks. What I meant (and asked poorly) was if I wanted to design a custom report to show that info where would I need to look? Thanks, "Wendy_I" wrote: > Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout > > > > "Jason" wrote: > > > Can someo...

Sort several workbooks using code
I am looking to run code that will sort several workbooks even when they are closed. The code would be executed via a master workbook which will also be sorted. Is this possible? I'm not aware of sorting records in a CLOSED workbook, but what you can do is this. Create some button on the master workbook and let it open the other workbook, sort the other workbook and close the other workbook. Accompanied with Application.ScreenUpdating (but also depending on the amount of records) you will hardly notice the sorting actions. Does this help ? -- Regards; Mark ...

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...