Filtering in Access 97

HiI was wondering if some kind person could answer this question for me orgive me a leader in help for it.I have to filter out from a database all the Client codes from a field thatlooks like thisCodes for ClientsANCD                 #AMRU             ANRD           ADNIACRI                  *EVER                #ASTI*AMRI               ASST                 *FROT             ASSUADDU               -ADCB                -MNOP          ACRUThis is just to give you the idea.I need to filter out all the codes that do not have-*#in them, leaving me with the plain codes on their own.  I have tried a fewcombinations andend up just deleting the #  -  * ones, and then not saving the database as Iwould loose all theother codes.Hope this makes sense, and would truly appreciate any help that may be giveto help mebetter understand this sort of filter.Thanks heapsNod
0
Noddie
3/16/2007 3:35:11 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

> Hope this makes sense....Not really. When you say> I need to filter out all the codes that do not have> -> *> #> in them, leaving me with the plain codes on their owndo you want to see the ones with the symbols or without?> end up just deleting the #  -  * ones, and then not saving the database as I> would loose all the> other codes.Are you trying to delete one set or the other from the table or justnot view them?
0
storrboy
3/16/2007 3:40:18 AM
Hi and thankyou for taking the time to answer my email.I am trying to filter 'out' all the records which have #, *, or - in themand only leavethe records which do no have this in them.Does that make sense?I want to see only the ones 'without' the symbols.Thanks heaps for your help.RegardsNod"storrboy" <storrboy@sympatico.ca> wrote in messagenews:1174016418.161379.229600@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...> Hope this makes sense....Not really. When you say> I need to filter out all the codes that do not have> -> *> #> in them, leaving me with the plain codes on their owndo you want to see the ones with the symbols or without?> end up just deleting the #  -  * ones, and then not saving the database asI> would loose all the> other codes.Are you trying to delete one set or the other from the table or justnot view them?
0
Noddie

Quick Campaign
Hey, When i try to send a E-mail via a Quick Campaign, I get the message that I don't have access on the CRM object, contact your administrator. But I have the CRM role Systemadministrator... Any suggestions? Philippe, Can you check and see if you have any other roles currently assigned to your user other than "system Administrator"? If so remove all the other roles except system admin and try again. If this succeeds, then please reply with your results and what roles you initially had when the quick campaign failed. Thank you -- This posting is provided "AS I...

Open other program .exe from access
Can I open other program .exe ( not msOffice ) from msAccess ? Just click the button maybe. "Deen" <Deen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C584A1-3AB8-4AA5-BF88-135A94667C56@microsoft.com... > Can I open other program .exe ( not msOffice ) from msAccess ? Just click > the > button maybe. Check out the Shell function in the online help (in the VB Editor environment), or the RunApp macro action. -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html (please reply to the newsgroup) Thanks to Dirk Goldgar, ...

Excel Front End with Access Back End
Does anyone have any coding samples / tips on the following: I have an Excel form-based data collection tool. The tool collects set of data points, performs some calculations and currently stores th data on an excel worksheet. Ultimately, the tool will need to be used b multiple people and it would be great if the data be stored centrally s that people can access and make modifications at the same time. My ide is that people will have multiple copies of the excel tool which woul read data for a single entry from the database and when they ente data, it will either update or add new informat...

Windows XP and Office 97 Outlook
I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? Outlook 97 should work the same way it worked under your old operating system... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Danny Chamrad" <djc2@tisd.net> wrote in message news:0f6b01c358fb$c0790ca0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I > configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? > > ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

When I restart the CRM server , I can not access http://crm
Only the left frame show,the detail can not show up. Is there anyone know what happen? try http://crm/loader.aspx are you seeing errors on your browsers status bar? also I assume you are using IE -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "kyle" <kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCD40AC-8E95-497A-9133-BA66D13B6CE8@microsoft.com... > Only the left frame show,the detail can not show up. Is there anyone know > what happen? ...

Employee Filters

Citrix MetaFrame and Great Plains Client Access Requirements
I have a client who wishes to access an existing Great Plains server setup by creating a Citrix MetaFrame Server on Windows 2000 Server and having the Great Plains client installed for using on the MFS system. I already know the sizing requirements for the MFS and OS. My question is: what is the amount of RAM required by the Great Plains client software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Joshua Cook joshua.cook@magma.ca Hi What version of Great Plains is the client currently using? It is recomended to have 128MB RAM for both v7.50 and v8.0 I am not sure what a MFS is,...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Sybari Antigen ASM Junk Mail Folder
We have just turned on the Sybrari Antigen ASM Junk Mail filter for our Outlook clients on our Exchange 2000 server (Sybari is version 8.0) running on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. We are running IIS 5.0 on the same server in the default location of C:\Inetpub\wwwroot for OWA. When you try to access the new folder in Outlook you get the following message. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...

Memory access violation with TextOut
The following statement in a View Class function is giving rise to a memory access violation: pDC->TextOut(0,0, "try it"); The cursor popup window shows : int__thiscall CDC: :TextOut(int,int,unsigned short*,int). Clues and a solution will be much appreciated. Eddie Probably your 'pDC' pointer is invalid. Try if ( pDC ) pDC->TextOut(0,0, "try it"); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Eddie Swift" <eamons@eircom.net> wrote in message news:urQqlzvqDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > The ...

Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form
I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite some time and has run without errors. A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the following line that references a listbox value on a sub form. If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = "" Then .. .. .. I changed the code to If Nz(Forms! frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = ""...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Ho do I shift empty cells up in an access report
In my contact data base, I have an unequal number of data for each contact, some have 3 phone numbers some have up to 8 etc. I would like to print out a directory (phone book) in which records do only show fields that are populated. In other words, one record may only include 3 lines others may include 9 lines but I do not want to display and print a fixed number of lines, only the ones that are populated. GBA wrote: >In my contact data base, I have an unequal number of data for each contact, >some have 3 phone numbers some have up to 8 etc. I would like to print out a...

RFID Use with Access
I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. I would appreciate anyone in the group sharing this how-to with me. Zachry1 <Zachry1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface >RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. You should really be looking to the vendor of the RFID capture devices. They should have DLLs/OCXs which you can install and sample code. VB 6 code usually works just fine in Access. Tony -- Tony Toews...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Problem writing to an "ini" file in Access 2007
I have been trying to use Access 2007 VBA to write values to an ini file. Here is my code: System.PrivateProfileString("OurInformation.ini", TypeOfData, VariableName) = VariableValue This works fine in Word 2007 but I keep getting a 429 error in Access ("ActiveX component can't create object"). Why can't I write and read from an ini file in Access when I can in Word? Should I be using some other code to write/read to an ini file? "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote in message news:%23Mw9TQ21KHA.3868@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl......

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...

accessing another users mailbox from administrator account.
How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators account throug OWA. i have no problem to accesss this from out look. thanks in advance. When going to OWA specify the mailbox you want to get into in the URL, for instance http://<servername>/exchange/<mailbox alias>. Then put your admin account and password in the logon screen. -Peter "thushya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9e8201c486e5$97ed4a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators > account throug OWA. > i have no problem t...

Accessing Document class from CPropertySheet
How do I access the document from a Property Sheet/Property Page or Dialog? William, > How do I access the document from a Property Sheet/Property Page or Dialog? Pass document's pointer in your property sheet class's constructor. -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ufVxpphgDHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I access the document from a Property Sheet/Property Page or Dialog? > > ...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...