filer by form: help please

Hi,I have this filter form thing. I have a few questions on it1. is there any command for filter-by-form, like Docmd.runcommand accmdfilter sort? or this is command is same for filter-by-form as well? not sure on this2. and if my filter by form results no data from the databse, than how can I have user friendly meesage.I will be thankful if some one can help me on thisThanking in advanceRathi
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can enter Filter By Form mode with:    RunCommand acCmdFilterByFormHowever, you cannot use a command button on the form to return to normal view, since the buttons (and all code) are disabled in FBF. It might therefore be better to teach the user to use the toolbar instead.After applying a filter, you can test if the form has any records with:    Me.Recordset.RecordCountFBF has some limitations. It is not very user-friendly, and doesn't work in the runtime/mde. If you are interested in programming an alternative, see:    Search form - Handle many optional criteriaat:    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."Chetan I. Rathi" <ChetanIRathi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:721FC6D9-978A-4514-989E-3B393C940F6A@microsoft.com...>> I have this filter form thing. I have a few questions on it>> 1. is there any command for filter-by-form, like Docmd.runcommand> accmdfilter sort? or this is command is same for filter-by-form as well? > not> sure on this>> 2. and if my filter by form results no data from the databse, than how can > I> have user friendly meesage.>> I will be thankful if some one can help me on this>> Thanking in advance> Rathi
0
Allen

Footnote in a form
I need to add footnotes in a locked form. The sections where I need footnotes are unprotected when I tyr to include a footnote the footnote is greyed out. I am using Office 2002 and 2003 Thank you Footnotes are just another feature that is unavailable in protected documents (even in unprotected sections). In order to insert a footnote, you will have to unprotect the form. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "FMini" <FMini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E62C2081-7B07-4D75-8114-A1A754FE7CDB@microsoft.com... >I need to add footnotes in ...

How to send form data to tables programatically
Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? What I mean is... As a user types into a form, Access doesn't seem to actually send that data to the table (and thereby create autonumbers) until user moves on to another record. Is there a way to force that data to the tables (ie make the new records) while the user is still on the form? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:33:02 -0800, markmarko <markmarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? > >What I mean is... As a user ...

Help with basic workflow........please
Hi There I am looking at creating a basic workflow (initially anyway). What I want to be able to do is if any details on the contact records changes to then a email is automatically sent to the record owner telling them that info has changed. It would be good to include in the email subject the account name and the contacts name? Is there anyone that could get me started maybe? Thanks in advance Kind Regards Peter What you need is not a Workflow but rather a Callout. A Workflow can handle one of these 4 triggers: Create, Manual, Reassign and Status Change. None of these are triggere...

Completing field on subform from command button on main form
This is a simplistic version of what I need to do. I have a form named frmCLIENT with a subform named sfFAMILY. On the form frmCLIENT I have a command butten and when I press it I want it to automatically complete a field named CHILDREN on the subform sfFAMILY with the word "NONE". Can anyone help me. Thanks, LDMueller The code for the button is Me.YourSubformName.Form.Children = "None" Me.YourSubformName.Form.Children.Requery 'so that you can see the results This assumes that the subform has only 1 record or that the record you want editing, is the first ...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...

Populating FIELDS from another form(s)
I have one form were I create meetings, than another one were the individual is inputted (all works great - this is not the problem). I am trying to open a form(Travel) from that form by clicking on a button (This I already have and that part works). I want the newly opened form (Travel) to automatically populate a few fields (that you can not see on the form) that are the primary fields. example: [field1] = Me.[field1] and [field2] = Me.[field2]. Now if the record already exist then I want it to populate the form. So far I have this: Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnT...

Filling bound controls in a form with calculated results
I have a form that a user may partially fill with text and numbers that could then be used to calculate numerical results that could fill in other blank fields in the same form. My idea would be to have a un-bound button in the upper title bar of the form that the user could click after filling in some of the initial fields, and this action would calculate numerical results via VBA functions or procedures, the results then being used to fill in multiple field values I know how to write the VB functions/procedures to calculate the results, but I'm not sure where to use the functions...

Help! COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT are eating my brain!
This *should* be easy, I guess, but I keep getting errors where I canno see a problem with my formula (Tho' admittedly I'm by no means an Exce expert). Here's my task: I have column G labeled "Tasks" and the cell values are either "Open" "Closed", "Cancelled", or blank. Then I have column L labeled "Name and the cell values are, of course, names. I'm simply trying to come u with a formula that will tally the tasks that are "Open" and of those how many are assigned to "Smith". After fruitless attempts using COUN...

Office Professional 2007 trial..need help
I purchased a 180 day trial version with disc in Jan 2010, installed into computer and the motherboard died. I purchased new computer with Windows 7 (previous computer was Vista) and tried installing and it won't work. I uninstalled everything Office and tried downloading the 60 day trial, still won't work as I get the activation expiration date of Dec. 31, 2002. Any ideas as now when I try to download from the website, it tells me I have downloaded my alotted number of times - still have no working programs and need them for a class - must be microsoft 2007 pro. Any help...

Can you help a NEWBIE please
Hi, I need a little help, as I'm trying to help my father with a spreadsheet but have got stuck. I have 2 Columns, TransactionID and TransactionCode. 5 T 5 AA 6 H 6 BB 7 AA 7 T 8 T 8 BB What I want to be able to do it to create/compute a 3rd column based on the other 2. Now this is where I am getting stuck. The Rule is that for a TransactionCode of T or H this needs to be changed to either a "AA" or BB depending on what the other value is for the same Transaction ID. ie this would be the final output. 5 T AA 5 AA AA 6 H BB 6 BB BB 7 AA AA 7 T AA 8 T BB 8 BB BB The sort of ...

exchangeserver help
i need a guidence in exchange server http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/ Lasse Pettersson Humandata, Sweden "shekhar" <shekhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DCFECC8-6C8F-4895-88A8-82EC729AA0F9@microsoft.com... >i need a guidence in exchange server Best thing to do is try install it and try connect some outlook client and send emails to each other. I have found with most software once you install and know what your purpose you know what to read and what questions to ask. This newsgroup is very good for asking questions. "shekha...

my merge and centre icon is just a shadow, help?
i am using excel a lot at the moment but am primarily self taught. I have managed to lock down my merge and centre button so all I can see is a shadow of the light grey imprint. How can I release the icon? noting I have tried to customize and drag the merge back again but as soon as I close the box I again lose the icon? Urgently needed to finish spreadsheets this weekend!!! Worksheet is protected? Workbook is in Shared mdoe? Either of these will disable merge and center. Since you are learning I would suggest you quickly unlearn the use of merge and center. Causes many problems whe...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

A communication error occurred. Please try your call again.
I've noticed there are a number of us experiencing "life altering" difficulties regarding this particularly irritating error. I for one have not discovered an acceptable workaround, have not gotten help, and am still hopelessly faced with the distinct possibility of having lost years of data. The prospect of trying to recover from this "from scratch" will simply not work. I have bills to pay, taxes to prepare, etc., and have relied on MS-Money for years. In a word, "THIS SUCKS BEYOND ALL REASONABLE COMPREHENSION" OK, so that was more than a word, s...

Contact Form Changed with Regional Setting Change
I recently had to change my Windows XP "Settings/Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Advanced/Language for non-Unicode programs" to "Chinese (PRC)" in order to view Chinese characters in a translation software package. Just to be clear - my Windows system is still in English - this setting just allows my Chinese software characters to also show up. Strangely, after the above change, the form layout in Outlook 2003 changed. Most significantly, the "Full Name" button is no longer available on the main page, which makes editing of names difficult ...

Main Form
Hello, I've been searching through the forums, but haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of a way to copy data from multiple worksheets (i.e. 30) to one master form? I do NOT want to summarize the data, I want to replicate it exactly, and have a live link so that if the individual sheets are changed, the master will update. All column headings are identical, but there are variable numbers of rows. My only thoughts so far are simply typing =Sheet1!A2 and dragging, repeating for each sheet (or I guess writing a macro to do this). However, if I insert a new r...

help with distribution formula!
i need to make a distribution table. i know that i use the -normdist- function, i just can't figure out what to put in each argument. my data is 10 questions, and each question has 5 answers to choose from (multiple choice). Assuming that im making complete random guesses, i need to find the probability of getting 1 question correct, 2 questions, 3, 4, and so on until i get the prob. of getting all 10 correct. what would i plug into each argument? x - mean - standard Dev - cumulative - i'm not specifically asking for the answers, but more for help on figuring out which goes into...

Waitable Timer Question Please help!
Hello I am trying to use the waitable timer in a MFC project and using MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() to wai on the timer handle. But my timer callback doesnot get executed. Below is the source code with al the error checking removed. Please help me to fix this problem //Global int wLoopCount= 0 void CTimerTestDlg::OnStartTimer() HANDLE hTimer[1] LARGE_INTEGER liDueTime int breakLoop = 0 int retVal = 0 // Create waitable time hTimer[0] = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL, TRUE, "WaitableTimer") // start the timer 5 sec from now and tick every 2 se liDueTime.QuadPart = -5000...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

How to resolve error "Please check the batch number and address ID
I am getting the following error in Integration Manager when attempting to import Payables transaction: "Please check the Batch Number and Address ID" Nothing appears to be wrong with batch number or address IDs. Has anyone ever seen this error before and/or have any idea how to resolve it? Thanks FYI - I followed the exact template of sample Payables Integration so I am quite confident nothing is wrong with my integration or source data. Furthermore, I have been able to do Receivables integrations on the same machine without any errors. Hello, Please check the following: ...

Need help with OUTPUT parameters
Hi, I am trying to execute two child stored procedures from a parent one. The first stored procedure inserts a new company into Companies table and returns its CompanyID, the second stored procedure inserts an address into Addresses table and returns its AddressID and the third one assigns the address to the company. Everything works fine but when I run the parent stored procedure, I only want to return the CompanyID back to my application. However, the code below returns both CompanyID and AddressID. I'm using OUTPUT clause so that I can grab CompanyID and AddressID r...

Line-Column 2 axes Help
I can't seem to set up a line/column graph and format it correctly. I have over 10 series of elevation data and corresponding dates from one worksheet, and precipitation data and corresponding dates from another worksheet. I have the the elevation series plotted to the 2nd x axis (date) and the precipitation series plotted to the 1st x asis (date). Precip data on the left y axis and Elevation data on the right y axis. Ideally, what I want is line graphs for the elevation data and bar chart for the precip data. I can either get ALL the data to be line graph data, or one of my ele...

SMTPreg.vbs eventsink blokking vital system mail replication
Hi I have a problem with an eventsink, I have three exchange 2003 servers, each sitting in its own routing group called inner, outer and middel RG, mail sendt from the inner server must be logged and blocked if not sendt from a valid email klient, so what is done is that all mail sendt from the inner server must travel through the middle server and the eventsink is instaleld on the middle server. this works just fine, mail gets blocked. But since what triggers the eventsink is absence of an outlook addon, all system mail sendt between the three servers gets blocked. I need to let system mail b...

Query Expression help
What is the correct expression to get average handle time per return, rather than per batch (returns are logged in batches that vary in quantity). Currently using this espression to get AHT per batch- Handle Time: [Sign In Time]-[Sign Out Time] I would like to divide this sum by [Processed], which is already an expression Processed: [Filed]+[Sent to Accounting]+[Pended] to ger AHT per return. I tried- Handle Time: sum([Sign In Time]-[Sign Out Time])/[Processed], but that doesn't work. Help! Perhaps the following, although I suspect that will not give you the results you expect. S...

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...