External table is not in the expected format. (Error 3274)

Why does Access 2007 (SP2) keep corrupting my linked Excel 2007 files? I'll
be making a query or report based off of the linked file, and out of the blue
I get error 3274. One minute the file is fine, and the next it's not. This
never happened in previous versions. I am running under Vista for the first
time as well. The linked file is local.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What service pack are you one? Go to the Office Button, Access Options,
Resources. You should be on SP2. Anything less and you might be missing a bug
fix.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Mafster" <Mafster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does Access 2007 (SP2) keep corrupting my linked Excel 2007 files?
> I'll
> be making a query or report based off of the linked file, and out of the
> blue
> I get error 3274. One minute the file is fine, and the next it's not. This
> never happened in previous versions. I am running under Vista for the
> first
> time as well. The linked file is local.

Do you have .mdb files excluded from realtime antivirus/antimalware? And
maybe Excel files too. Use Microsoft Update to check for any Windows or
Office updates?

In case your Access db has become mildly corrupted, you could create a new
blank db and import all objects from the existing db.

0
Paul
4/2/2010 1:38:09 PM
"Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.microsoft.com> p�e v diskusn�m
p��sp�vku news:61F2B8FD-180C-4BEA-A968-BFA83E822F93@microsoft.com...
> What service pack are you one? Go to the Office Button, Access Options,
> Resources. You should be on SP2. Anything less and you might be missing a
> bug
> fix.
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Mafster" wrote:
>
>> Why does Access 2007 (SP2) keep corrupting my linked Excel 2007 files?
>> I'll
>> be making a query or report based off of the linked file, and out of the
>> blue
>> I get error 3274. One minute the file is fine, and the next it's not.
>> This
>> never happened in previous versions. I am running under Vista for the
>> first
>> time as well. The linked file is local.

0
Jana
4/4/2010 10:09:37 PM

"Jana Roubalova" <bruffik@centrum.cz> wrote in message

> "Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.microsoft.com> p�e v diskusn�m
> p��sp�vku news:61F2B8FD-180C-4BEA-A968-BFA83E822F93@microsoft.com...
>> What service pack are you one? Go to the Office Button, Access Options,
>> Resources. You should be on SP2. Anything less and you might be missing a
>> bug
>> fix.
>> --
>> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>> Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
>>

>> "Mafster" wrote:
>>
>>> Why does Access 2007 (SP2) keep corrupting my linked Excel 2007 files?
>>> I'll
>>> be making a query or report based off of the linked file, and out of the
>>> blue
>>> I get error 3274. One minute the file is fine, and the next it's not.
>>> This
>>> never happened in previous versions. I am running under Vista for the
>>> first
>>> time as well. The linked file is local.

0
FRED

VBA Error #4
Hi On a UserForm everything works OK all the boxes fill with the correct information -- however on hitting enter the following error message appears. Division By Zero in the VBA the bottom line of the following code is highlighted Private Sub txtHrsTime_Change() Me.txtHrs2.Value = (Val(Trim(txtHrsTime.Text))) * 60 Me.txtVel2.Value = (Val(Trim(txtDis2.Text))) / (Val(Trim(txtHrs2.Text))) End Sub On viewing the sheet everything has been entered in the correct Cells -- this bug is really bugging me. Also how do you restrict the numbers after the decimal point in a Text Box. Any help much ...

Formatting Imported Data
I have to compile a worksheet from data copied from a pdf file. Problem when i copy and paste text all data falls into column A and i have to drag one line at a time to the specific headings. this is how the data I copy pastes into excel: Date Time Duration Number Dialled Charge 01/05/2009 11:14:03 00:00:30 110 0.79 07/05/2009 19:20:59 00:01:41 0860112442 0.00 28/05/2009 18:40:20 00:01:45 110 1.25 28/05/2009 18:48:51 00:00:07 0860123911 0.15 Sub Total 2.19 I have set up the columns as such: Date Time Duration Number Dialled Charge 01/05/2009 11:14:03 00:00:30 110 0.79 And n...

cannot recieve mail, Error message.
Please help Cannot send or recieve messages.this message pops up: Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198704 You receive error 0x800ccc90 or error 0x800ccc18 when you try to log on to Exchange Server by using Secure Password Authentication -=- "Michelle E." wrote: > Please help Cannot send or recieve messages.this message p...

Error 1004 opening workbook 1004
Hi all I have this code to open 3 workbooks, but of late, the second line fails with the Error 1004 Open Method of Object failed. I've checked that the file is called the same (it is), that it's in the right directory (it is), that someone else doesn't have it open (no-one does) and that there are no typos (I don't think there are!). If I remove the second line, it works fine. I'm at a loss what else to look for, any suggestions as to how to find what's wrong would be great: Workbooks.Open Filename:="X:\ACCOUNTS-EAST\New MA Project\Management ...

formatting all the pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C90929.7C8EC410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I asked this a few days ago, as to setting up each page in a calendar = alike (so the picture is in the same place on each page) I probably confused everyone by not asking it clearly. I'm coming across the same question again. I'd like to format/set up = ONE page of a calendar and have it applied to all the pages, is this = possible? Without having to go over each page and use rulers, and line...

CDateTimeCtrl formatting
I have a CDateTimeCtrl on my dialog. It is valid to leave this blank (no entry) so I want to be able to allow this. I have added the FORMAT event handler for formatting it to the empty string if the underlying COleDateTime is 0.0, or the short date. I also added the FORMATQUERY handler to try to allow no input. This is causing problems when I try to select a date. I set the string and max length for the string to "", " / / ", etc to match the FORMAT, but when I do the GetWindowText(csEffDate), it always comes back as "0xee0xee..." Can the CDateTimeC...

Error Message #33
HELP!!! Two days ago my outlook (2000) began kicking me out of the system with the following message every time I open an e-mail or try to send an e-mail. Outlook executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:016431e. Other miscellaneous info follows. Does anyone have a guess??? I have tried everything I can think of going so far as to remove and reinstall the program. HELP!!!! ...

Database engine cannot find the input table or query
Hi It would be great if someone can look at this sql please. The query runs and brings back the correct data, but every time I run it, I get the error "The Mic.. Access database engine cannot find the input table or query 'tblReferrals.[Referral Assigned To]'. Make sure it exists...spelled correctly." TRANSFORM Count(tblReferrals.ID) AS CountOfID SELECT tblReferrals.[Referral Assigned To], DCount("tblReferrals.[Service 1] + tblReferrals.[Service 2] + tblReferrals.[Service 3] + tblReferrals.[Service 4]","tblReferrals.[Referral Assigned To]&quo...

Windows Mail After formating my computer
Hi, I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything i have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very urgent that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything. Thank You. The short answer, you will lose everything on that partition when you form. You will need to back up what you need to save to another partition/Drive. "Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28620520-41CF-4A40-881C-B2BA780E97DE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know if i lose ...

excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally
hi I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally the other word pages are vertical thank you amandio c Hi Amandio See reply in public.fr.excel Cordially Pascal "AC" <mail@amandioc.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 42883e1a$0$25089$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > hi > I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally > the other word pages are vertical > thank you > > amandio c > > ...

change field name in table in closed data base
thank you is possible to change field name in (table) in closed data base from current open database example change fieldname (playername) to (PlayerN) i hope you can solve this problem with easy code thank you ...

CRM 1.2 go online with added activity
If I go online and add an activity, and then choose to go online, I get an error message for the activity that: "The Microsoft CRM Server is unavilable or could not be found" I leave the option of waiting to add the data next time I check in. However, after closing the message, the activity IS added to the CRM Server. If if go offline again, and dont make any changes, and choose to go back online, I then get a message that: "The specified domain logon name already exists. You must specifity a unique domain" This is for the same activity, so it thinks it's not...

Error Message 07-26-07
I have a serach on a form that is preformed by a textbox with a search button and the search was working fine and all of a sudden i am getting this error... Runtim Error 3464 DataType mismatch in criteria expression here is the code that prefroms my search.... Private Sub Command21_Click() If IsNull(Text15) = False Then Me.Recordset.FindFirst "z6=" & Text15 Me!Text15 = Null If Me.Recordset.NoMatch Then MsgBox "No record found", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Sorry" Me!Text15 = Null End If End If End Sub -- ...

Archieving Error on MSN Deleted Items
Hi All, I get this message everytime my archieving runs...it says: Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "MSN". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Does anyone know what this means exactly? -- Thanks, Geek using Outlook 2002 Windows XP Home Office XP Professional I get the very same message Outlook 2000. I am a software developer. If I was to display a worthless message like this, I would be fired on the spot. If an error was detected, the program could say what went wrong in the error message. It...

Error code 80073712 06-22-10
I have 7 updates that don't want to be installed. There used to be three. Now it's seven. Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB974318) Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB979482) Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB979099) Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter for x64-based Systems [June 2010] (KB905866) Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB970430) Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB9...

how to use this to query my table?
I have a table with 30,000 records. I'd like to use this http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html to query my email fields (show invalid emails). I'd like to use the first expression listed on that site. How do I proceed? On Sun, 16 May 2010 18:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Song <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote: Write a public function in a standard module: Public Function TestEmail(myEmailField as string) as Boolean Dim pattern As String pattern = "\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b" Dim r As RegExp 'Requires a reference to Microsoft VBScr...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Email accounts for external contractors?
Hi, Should have asked this question Wednesday along with my other question, but didn't think at the time: We have contractors, who we want to give @ourdomain.com email addresses. As they are not permanent contractors we don't really want to give them any access to active directory or set them up with a mail box. Plus they don't have the ability to connect to our exchange server (either with outlook or owa). Is it possible to setup someone in exchange with a domain email address, but have that email forwarded to another address (most use personal email addresses). I guess I...

Invalid certificate error message when replying to digitally signed messsage
I use OL2003 and digitally sign my outgoing mail. I have heard no complaints from users with OL2003 and we have verified this is only an issue on OL2007 (and maybe Vista). The email recipient responds to one of my digitally signed emails and gets the message "Invalid Certificate. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot sign or encrypt the message because your certificate is not valid". It then allows him to deselect "Add a digital signature to the message" in the Security Properties window. This recipient normally does not digitally sign his outgoing mail, but it appears t...

selectinve formating
I have a document with 758 lines of questions and answers. I want to format everything after the ? to the end of the line differently with out having to do it manually for each line. How can I do this ? You can use the Wildcard option in the Replace function. The code below will pick up the ? that is at the end of a sentence and include all text up to the next paragraph mark. Add this to the Find What box: \?^13[+0-9A-z&./,)( –_-]{1,}\^13 In the Replace with box add ^& (this means keep the found text the same) and click on the More button. Check the Wildcard box. N...

Repeating data in table
I am trying to start simple and understand some of creating a dbase. However, I want to develop a dbase to handle bank statements. Each client (using ssn) can have several bank accounts. I have set up the form to gather the client info, bank info, and of course the account numbers. How do I create a form to allow me to enter deposits, other increases, checks, other decreases, balance? I want to gather this information without having to input the ssn and account number each time. I am looking to input the account number, which will tie to the client ssn, and then input the deposi...

I am getting this error and cant find out why?
STACK: at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) at System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Error Description: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\opps\areas.aspx Error Details: Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown. Error Number: Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available ...

Outlook Errors #6
Hello everyone, this is a first time basis up here for me. I saw on some other questions that I was having that people pretty had the same problems and have used some of their suggestions and most of them worked, so I thought I would join. At my work, we are trying to use Outlook 97. We have several users on this computer and when I am logged in as Administrator, everything works like it is supposed to. When I log in as a user, say John Doe and try to open Outlook, it gives me the following error : "Unable to open your default mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the p...

Type mismatch error
The following statement gives an error of type mismatch in a macro ActiveSheet.Cells(j, colcount) = (data(j, i)) / 587 where array data in a variant type tried changing through CVar but failed Could anyone solve this is data(j,i) numeric? What are j, colcount, and i equal to (as well)? Gautam wrote: > > The following statement gives an error of type mismatch in a macro > ActiveSheet.Cells(j, colcount) = (data(j, i)) / 587 > > where array data in a variant type > > tried changing through CVar but failed > > Could anyone solve this -- Dave Peterson...

date format not recognised in 2003
Is there a reason 2003 doesn't read formats in queries the same as in 2002? Our office recently switched half of us over, and people with 2003 are unable to open mde files for our database. Our workaround was to create two versions. One from 2003 and one from 2002. But the 2003 reports a query error on some of the reports. The format itself is: Format([dateOfOccurrence],'yyyy'). I'm wondering if it's something simple that we're overlooking, and wondering why we need to create two seperate mde's? Was Access changed that much between versions? On Thu, 10 Jan 2...